Welcome to Rangers, Scott Wright.

Marky.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He's signed a pre-contract to join us in the summer like Kamara etc done. But we have to pay Aberdeen a development fee if that happens. We will do a deal with them so he joins up this window.

I think we’ll pay a development fee regardless when it appears and I’d have no objection for him coming this window but I can’t see it. 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Aberdeen will be due around £300-350k in compensation. There will be money involved.

You might be right but Jones and Stewart would improve them and the right to buy clause could be set at a low figure. That's what I would be offering. Certainly as the opening offer. 

31 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Can see Jones and/or Stewart going there on loan until the end of the season with some money thrown in.

The sheeps reaction on their own social media has been alot less than favourable.

I don’t know how many games you need under your belt to win a league winners medal but if I was Jones or Stewart and had a chance of a medal, I would be going nowhere this season.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I don’t know how many games you need under your belt to win a league winners medal but if I was Jones or Stewart and had a chance of a medal, I would be going nowhere this season.

Don't encourage them :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think we’ll pay a development fee regardless when it appears and I’d have no objection for him coming this window but I can’t see it. 

We won't need to pay a development fee if we bring the permanent transfer forward by 5 months.

Aberdeen will have a player who's head is already thinking of the famous and fans that won't support him for the remaining months.

Sending players up there on loan with a reduced fee that's more immediate that the development money, will be more in Aberdeens, the players and our favour.

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Its 10 appearances. Jones has 4, Stewart has 2. They ain't getting a sniff at any medals.

17 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

You might be right but Jones and Stewart would improve them and the right to buy clause could be set at a low figure. That's what I would be offering. Certainly as the opening offer. 

Could be an option to buy but Aberdeen barely have a pot to piss in as far as funds are concerned. They already have that option on McCrorie which they will find difficult to pay for. Give either or both on loan and reduce the payment significantly and Aberdeen get immediate funds instead of the staggered development payments.

Our recruitment since Ross Wilson arrived has been smart and sensible, I can't think of one permanent signing which has flopped since his arrival.

He certainly seems to have something about him from the glimpses I've seen so far, but think I'll reserve my judgement until our coaching staff have had a chance to work with him and he's in amongst a (much) better calibre of player.

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Our recruitment since Ross Wilson arrived has been smart and sensible, I can't think of one permanent signing which has flopped since his arrival.

He certainly seems to have something about him from the glimpses I've seen so far, but think I'll reserve my judgement until our coaching staff have had a chance to work with him and he's in amongst a (much) better calibre of player.

Agree with the most part but Zungu has failed to impress so far and only got a couple months left to impress for a permanent contract. Only blip I can see so far though. Very impressive work on the financial side of all his deals too, in particular Hagi and Roofe.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Agree with the most part but Zungu has failed to impress so far and only got a couple months left to impress for a permanent contract. Only blip I can see so far though. Very impressive work on the financial side of all his deals too, in particular Hagi and Roofe.

Yep couldn't agree more, Zungu a blip but a relatively inexpensive one considering the deal. 

1 minute ago, Ariel Ortega said:

He’s just here to make up the numbers for the homegrown quota. I doubt we envisage any real future for him.

We need to be developing our own players so signings like this aren’t needed. 

So it's not a welcome from you then.

16 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

He’s just here to make up the numbers for the homegrown quota. I doubt we envisage any real future for him.

We need to be developing our own players so signings like this aren’t needed. 

Interesting.

Why would we sign players just to make up the number for homegrown quota whilst allowing those who already meet the requirements of this quota to leave?

Archived