Welcome to Rangers, Scott Wright.

Marky.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Agree with the most part but Zungu has failed to impress so far and only got a couple months left to impress for a permanent contract. Only blip I can see so far though. Very impressive work on the financial side of all his deals too, in particular Hagi and Roofe.

You need to stop pushing this rhetoric because it is simply not true. Watch Ryan Jack's goal again for example (19 touches) and see who is instrumental at the beginning of that move to bring it out of defence. The boy played very well in his 30 minutes on Saturday. Constantly finds space and his teammates where always passing the ball to him which is always a good sign. He keeps it simple but so does Kamara & Jack and he did loft two balls over their defence. If it were me, and I know this is against the consensus, but I would sign him permanently. However, I'm not sure what it means for him with the Bournemouth signing.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Interesting.

Why would we sign players just to make up the number for homegrown quota whilst allowing those who already meet the requirements of this quota to leave?

Presumably he’s seen as a better backup squad player than what we already have. Pretty self-explanatory no?

Do you think we signed Greg Stewart because he was genuinely good enough? Or do you think he was signed to help meet the quota?

3 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

Presumably he’s seen as a better backup squad player than what we already have. Pretty self-explanatory no?

Do you think we signed Greg Stewart because he was genuinely good enough? Or do you think he was signed to help meet the quota?

Stewart and Wright are at very different stages of their career to be fair 

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Interesting.

Why would we sign players just to make up the number for homegrown quota whilst allowing those who already meet the requirements of this quota to leave?

Right, come on you. Stop making sensible points.

He's got no chance of getting a game and only here to make up the numbers, even though we could just pap a youth player or three in the squad if that was the case.:whistle:

I hope the  lad kicks on and surprises people.

12 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

Ah so he's been brought in for quality too, not just to meet quotas as you stated previously. You got there in the end.

I think its more strategic than alluding to us bringing him in to be a bench warmer, Ross Wilson seems to think he fits the exact requirements for our strategy.

Greg Stewart has plenty quality, he's actually showed more than Barker yet doesnt really get opportunities. Id imagine there's reasons for that, its unlikely to just be quality related.

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Right, come on you. Stop making sensible points.

He's got no chance of getting a game and only here to make up the numbers, even though we could just pap a youth player or three in the squad if that was the case.:whistle:

I hope the  lad kicks on and surprises people.

Sorry ma man. :sad:

40 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Interesting.

Isn't it obvious? Scott Wright has a Costa card, and any players leaving are Tea drinkers!

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ah so he's been brought in for quality too, not just to meet quotas as you stated previously. You got there in the end.

I think its more strategic than alluding to us bringing him in to be a bench warmer, Ross Wilson seems to think he fits the exact requirements for our strategy.

Greg Stewart has plenty quality, he's actually showed more than Barker yet doesnt really get opportunities. Id imagine there's reasons for that, its unlikely to just be quality related.

He's pish.

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s viewed as shite for a reason. Once a decent training regime, sports fitness coaches and data analytics are helping him he could be a completely different player. 

there’s a huge difference between running about in a field making sheep noises to what he’s about to experience at Auchenhowie.

Fully agree, which makes it all the more surprising when people say Ferguson is pish. 

Ryan Jack never stood out against us either imo. 

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Fully agree, which makes it all the more surprising when people say Ferguson is pish. 

Ryan Jack never stood out against us either imo. 

Tbf. I always thought Jack had a bit about him. He’s flourished under Gerrard

25 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's pish.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/49867284&ved=2ahUKEwiJjvPKw7fuAhUDnVwKHTEhCnAQFjABegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3-sP9yEgkwGCrFgD1VRL-5&ampcf=1

Got an insight into his qualities that day. He's not good enough for us but he's not pish.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He’s pish.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Scored 34 goals in the last 6 years. 

Pish. 

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Its 10 appearances. Jones has 4, Stewart has 2. They ain't getting a sniff at any medals.

2 or 3 cameos before the split for Jones then some after but yes it’s looking doubtful for both and I’m sure Jones if he doesn’t play the ten he will look back and regret that party for the rest of his life. A massive milestone in anyone’s life and possibly thrown away for a bit of skirt.

8 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

Welcome, Scott, to the greatest club you’ll ever play for.

But no way should we be paying Aberdeen any money to get him now, or reducing anything off the McCrorie deal either.  They’re getting Ross for a snip, so fuck that.

Player swap to the end of the season involving one or two of Jones, Barker or Stewart to fill the void for them.

Also, why do we love signing players who have done their cruciate so much?!

I'm thinking your right and the deal for MCrorie is involved in this to save them some cash - which they may not have.  Ross wants to stay and SG is happy to have somebody he thinks has potential. Stewart has been at Aberdeen and didnt work out and i think Jones and Barker will go back to England

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He’s been brought in to meet the quota. If he wasn’t considered a homegrown player we wouldn’t be signing him. 

And Greg Stewart is absolutely miles away from the standard needed. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Tbf. I always thought Jack had a bit about him. He’s flourished under Gerrard

He was the aberdeen captain at a time where they actually believed they could win trophies 

Always thought the jack signing was a bit like the Thomson signing from hibs, might not have been a standout against us but shone like fuck against domestic opposition 

Just seen the meltdown on their forum :lol: Fucking hell, they are a different breed.

Lad bettering himself by going to a bigger side for better money and a chance to improve himself under a manager that played the game at the very highest level and they are fuming because he should recognise that their fans hate us :lol:

Archived