Welcome to Rangers, Scott Wright.

Marky.

27 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

He’s been brought in to meet the quota. If he wasn’t considered a homegrown player we wouldn’t be signing him. 

And Greg Stewart is absolutely miles away from the standard needed. 

The club’s Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented: “We look forward to Scott joining Rangers and we are excited to see him continue to develop his talent working with Steven and all of our staff. Scott fits our football identity and our plan for the development of our squad.

Adding Scott, as a young Scottish player, who will continue to enhance his talent here, is part of our plan. I’ve enjoyed all of our conversations and we can see that Scott is a very humble young man who is both determined and excited to be part of what we are building here at Rangers"

I'll take Wilson"s words above over yours, and he's clearly here more than just to meet quotas as you state.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

You need to stop pushing this rhetoric because it is simply not true. Watch Ryan Jack's goal again for example (19 touches) and see who is instrumental at the beginning of that move to bring it out of defence. The boy played very well in his 30 minutes on Saturday. Constantly finds space and his teammates where always passing the ball to him which is always a good sign. He keeps it simple but so does Kamara & Jack and he did loft two balls over their defence. If it were me, and I know this is against the consensus, but I would sign him permanently. However, I'm not sure what it means for him with the Bournemouth signing.

Clutching at straws with your praise for him there. 

34 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Clutching at straws with your praise for him there. 

I don't think so mate. People jump on the negativity too soon. With Jack in the beginning, with Kamara, Davis when he first arrived the second time around and Arfield because he's too old. They have all proved those assessments to be wrong and I've seen enough in this lad that he should be given a fair chance. I should probably have started a thread on him because this is the wrong place for it.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The club’s Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented: “We look forward to Scott joining Rangers and we are excited to see him continue to develop his talent working with Steven and all of our staff. Scott fits our football identity and our plan for the development of our squad.

Adding Scott, as a young Scottish player, who will continue to enhance his talent here, is part of our plan. I’ve enjoyed all of our conversations and we can see that Scott is a very humble young man who is both determined and excited to be part of what we are building here at Rangers"

I'll take Wilson"s words above over yours, and he's clearly here more than just to meet quotas as you state.

What exactly do you expect him to say? Seems the generic sort of welcome any signing would get. 

And would we have signed him if the UEFA regulation wasn’t in place? Of course not.

The end. 

1 hour ago, Ariel Ortega said:

What exactly do you expect him to say? Seems the generic sort of welcome any signing would get. 

And would we have signed him if the UEFA regulation wasn’t in place? Of course not.

The end. 

I don't expect him to say we just signed him for our homegrown quota. That would be utterly fucking stupid if he did, the same as any other clown thinking/ saying it. 🤣🤣🤣

You're struggling again.  The quota will be part of our strategy, it'll most certainly impact on us looking to bring in some of the best talent that fits not only that aspect but also the wider strategy. But to suggest he's just been brought in due to this (whilst we allow others who meet this criteria to leave) is utter shite. Unsurprisingly again its your shite.

Truthfully no-one knows how he’s going to do until he’s given a chance.

He’s clearly a talented boy but maybe struggled with injuries and inconsistency. 

As others have said, it’s a low risk and potentially high reward signing and it’s what we should he doing with young Scottish talent. 

Hopefully get him in ASAP.

He was mentioned by one of the hosts in the “one of the players who has surprised you this season“ on The Terrace Podcast the other day.

His assessment of him before this season was that he had never rated him highly because he usually played on the wing and he was ineffective. Didn’t have enough about his game. Wasn’t a guy who can change a game even though he was quick with good skill because he had no end product

However this season he’s been playing in behind a striker in a more fluid front four and he’s been tremendous. Said he is the type of player that there aren’t many of in scotland because he’s quick, direct and quite talented and he’s been one of most exciting players to watch in the league this season.

I think he’s been signed for the homegrown quota but I also think we have seen his raw talent and see it as something we can coach, work on and maybe help him develop too because that has to be our model going forward.

My only concern is that he's been quite injury prone but he looks like he's got a good bit of pace and can dribble well with the ball. If he covers the homegrown rule for Europe and we can develop his final ball, it will be a good signing for us.

I feel like we will see a lot more of these types of deal and while they won't all work, they are relatively low risk. 

TIME'S WRIGHT 

Rangers-bound Aberdeen star Wright is perfect fit for Ibrox club, says Kenny Miller

MR WRIGHT by name, Mr Right by nature.

Rangers director of football Ross Wilson mentioned how humble the club’s new signing was after getting the deal over the line.

And Kenny Miller reckons that attitude will stand his former team-mate in good stead at Ibrox.

Scott Wright will quit Aberdeen for Gers at the end of this season after signing a pre-contract agreement and a three-year deal.

It’s a huge move for the 23-year-old, who played alongside Ibrox legend Miller during a loan stint at Dundee.

Miller told SunSport: “Scotty is a great boy.

"First and foremost, he’s a lovely lad who is humble, respectful and eager to listen and learn — and get better.

"I actually couldn’t give him a better reference on that score.

“He’s not one of these young players who thinks he knows it all. Far from it.

"He’s got a great way about him. He’s a clever boy with a good head on his shoulders.

“I know for a fact he will be approaching this in the right frame of mind and recognising it as one helluva opportunity.

“He’ll need that when he goes to Rangers because it’s a step up for him and it’s important players realise that when they move.

“But I definitely think he’s got the capability to do well.”

Miller reckons Wright has the potential to improve further, especially with better players around him.

Believing in himself and throwing everything at making the grade there will be key.

Miller added: “Scotty is a good player. I really liked him at Dundee. He is technically very good and a quick thinker too.

“We were in a dogfight at the time and, if I’m being honest, that probably didn’t suit him.

“That said, he still did pretty well and was a good outlet for the team at the time.

“I just think he’ll kick on with better players around him.

"That’s no disrespect to Aberdeen, but Scotty is the type of player who I think will thrive at Rangers.

“When he has guys like Steven Davis and Ryan Jack alongside him, then that’s only going to help him.

“Even just training with these guys every single day will improve him.

“Scotty fits the Rangers model in terms of his age and profile. He can play in different roles, either through the middle or out wide.

“It’s up to Scotty to go to Rangers and grab his chance.

“He needs to show he can handle the step up and cope with the demands and daily pressures of being at Rangers.

“There’s no doubt the way he plays will suit the way that Rangers play.

“But it’s about mentality and the realisation that you need to work harder than ever before when you make a move like this.

“It’s not going to be easy for him because he needs to show he is better than the players he is up against in that squad.

“When he turns up in the summer, I’m sure he’ll come out with all the soundbites players always come out with when they sign for Rangers — insisting he’s there to play and make an impact.

“But saying it and doing it are two different things.

“Look at someone like Jordan Jones, who joined Rangers from Kilmarnock when he was absolutely flying.

“He terrorised us when he played against us.

“If you’d asked James Tavernier who was the winger who gave him the hardest time, he would have said Jordan Jones — and yet it’s not worked out for Jordan at Rangers in the way he’d have hoped.

“Scotty has to go into Rangers with the determination to move people like Ianis Hagi, Joe Aribo, Scott Arfield and even Ryan Kent out the way.

“And the way to do that is by working harder that ever.

“That’s not just on a Saturday, that’s every single minute at training too, when he’s in at the training ground Monday to Friday.

“Then when he gets his chance, he has to take it.

“But from what I’ve seen of him from my time at Dundee, he definitely has the capability to do that.”

Miller, now No 2 to Carl Robinson at Western Sydney Wanderers in Australia’s top flight, is delighted to see his old club flying high at the top of the Premiership.

He added: “It looks like Scotty will be joining a winning team. That can make a huge difference for a start.

“He’ll be entering an environment that’s 100 per cent positive. It’s just brilliant to see Rangers doing so well.

“There’s been a mentality shift, which is something I used to talk about when I was there.

"It’s just taken time for that to happen and for Steven Gerrard to mould his team together.

“The players have become used to the demands of the club and also the demands of winning a league title.

“It’s not a surprise to me that they are top of the league and thriving. The early signs this season were that things weren’t quite right at Celtic.

“I’ve been reading a lot online and their loss of form has been incredible.

“Rangers have managed to get into this fantastic position and Celtic are not even close enough to put them under pressure.”

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think so mate. People jump on the negativity too soon. With Jack in the beginning, with Kamara, Davis when he first arrived the second time around and Arfield because he's too old. They have all proved those assessments to be wrong and I've seen enough in this lad that he should be given a fair chance. I should probably have started a thread on him because this is the wrong place for it.

He’s one of the most hesitant footballers I’ve seen in a long while. If he was coming here for £1m I’d agree he might be worth a punt but at close to what is it £3-4m? I really don’t think he’s worth it. 

I also don’t remember there being mass consensus that Kamara or Arfield were crap, a few opinions yes maybe but nowhere near the number of people who know Zungu is below the standard we need. 

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I think you are. Praising him for playing well in a 30 minute cameo against Ross County when we're already 3-0 up is. He wasn't even the most impressive sub appearance on Saturday. The definition of clutching at straws. And you'd take him on petmanently? That's absolutely mental. Seen nowhere near enough to justify paying 2-4 million on a 29 year old that hasn't even impressed the manager anywhere near enough to even get minutes on the park in place of a 36 year old Davis while Jack has been out injured. 

There's super positive and then there's just mental. 

19 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Still don’t quite understand why we feel the need to dis the lad before he’s even played a game.

Maybe because in the games he’s played so far in his career he hasn’t done much? There’s plenty of signings where the majority have gone ‘why are we signing this diddy’ and have been spot on in that assessment. There’s nothing about this guy that makes me think he’s knocking Kent out the starting 11.

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Maybe because in the games he’s played so far in his career he hasn’t done much? There’s plenty of signings where the majority have gone ‘why are we signing this diddy’ and have been spot on in that assessment. There’s nothing about this guy that makes me think he’s knocking Kent out the starting 11.

How much have you watched him. Out of curiosity I went onto a Sheep forum and the have been raving about him most of the season. Basically him in Hedges the only players they feel as performing. They rate him higher than Ferguson who gets most of the media coverage. 

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

How much have you watched him. Out of curiosity I went onto a Sheep forum and the have been raving about him most of the season. Basically him in Hedges the only players they feel as performing. They rate him higher than Ferguson who gets most of the media coverage. 

Which sheep forum? Wouldn't mind reading these rave reviews. 

2 hours ago, Brubear said:

Only when Rangers have played them, and occasionally the old game against the filth. Really haven’t seen anything that says ‘there’s a Rangers player’. 

Add to his stats against SPFL dross in the league; 6 goals and 3 assists since 2014, for the (usually) 3rd best team in the league hardly screams winner. 

Might have it wrong, but got slated and told ‘give them a chance’ for Hastie, Docherty, Jones, Stewart and the rest. Bottom line is 99% of players in this league are just not good enough to make the step up to the OF.

18 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The mutton molester’s at their cowardly worst. Absolute scum.

CF81E076-8B87-4F61-94ED-1A05F3E03D1C.thumb.jpeg.14a4563f47666c42b812f97c807a5440.jpeg 

Clearly they are enraged at the possibility of Scott procreating with a member of the same species as him rather than keeping the Aberdeen way and only fornicating with the livestock!

Archived