Welcome to Rangers, Scott Wright.

Marky.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/01/2021 at 23:05, DBBTB said:

He was mentioned by one of the hosts in the “one of the players who has surprised you this season“ on The Terrace Podcast the other day.

His assessment of him before this season was that he had never rated him highly because he usually played on the wing and he was ineffective. Didn’t have enough about his game. Wasn’t a guy who can change a game even though he was quick with good skill because he had no end product

However this season he’s been playing in behind a striker in a more fluid front four and he’s been tremendous. Said he is the type of player that there aren’t many of in scotland because he’s quick, direct and quite talented and he’s been one of most exciting players to watch in the league this season.

I think he’s been signed for the homegrown quota but I also think we have seen his raw talent and see it as something we can coach, work on and maybe help him develop too because that has to be our model going forward.

Basically this. He’s seen as the best option available to continue meeting the quota.

I’d be surprised if he gets much game time, but hopefully he’s at least an improvement on Greg Stewart, probably up there with our most pointless ever signings. 

Archived