New RTV Site and Mobile App

BridgeIsBlue

From Twitter 10 mins ago

We have now put a fix in place to allow people registering with valid AOL/Yahoo/Sky addresses to receive their activation email. Anyone using these providers who have created an account & who haven't received an activation email already will receive instructions this afternoon

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Same problem here. They did mention an improved app.. I wonder if there is a new one coming?

Yeah I'm hoping that's the case as I looked on the site & it mentions an updated app. You'd think they'd have launched it at the same time, but as long as I can log in via the website for now it's ok. 

Just logged into my Rangers Account, clicked onto the login/out icon at the top left, and I noticed there is no info regarding ticket purchase history, family and friends info, MyGers etc. like there used to be, just access to My Profile & RTV Account. Has the info been removed, can it be accessed from anywhere else or am I not seeing it in the account and it's staring me in the face?

FYI - New App is out on the IOS Platform (No idea why it takes Apple, so long to push the update through compared to Android.)

Shame no Android TV or TV OS versions, but obviously the club has reasons behind that. (Maybe in the future though!.)

I tried reaching out to the club regarding having an IOS TV and Android TV Applications, basically asking if the club had plans to release one in the future.

StreamAMG replied with a comment about billing, whoever replied had no idea what i was asking.

RangersTV themselves basically replied saying this not a support issue and for anything Non-RangersTV related to use the Contact us Forms. (It was just a suggestion.)

To me it seems quite a big market to not have one on, considering the whole Virtual Season Passes at the moment, now obviously if it was an issue with the SPFL Rights to Sky then they could just limit the live  video streaming of the matches, but possibly keep the audio commentary as that is the in-house media team.

Manchester City and Manchester Utd have Applications on both platforms.

21 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

I am using Android app and seems I have to log in each time I open the app, annoying as fuck. Also doesn't recognise all of my chromecasts. 

I tried reaching out to the club regarding having an IOS TV and Android TV Applications, basically asking if the club had plans to release one in the future.

StreamAMG replied with a comment about billing, whoever replied had no idea what i was asking.

RangersTV themselves basically replied saying this not a support issue and for anything Non-RangersTV related to use the Contact us Forms. (It was just a suggestion.)

To me it seems quite a big market to not have one on, considering the whole Virtual Season Passes at the moment, now obviously if it was an issue with the SPFL Rights to Sky then they could just limit the live  video streaming of the matches but possibly keep the audio commentary as that is the in-house media team or they could limit that off the app too.

Basically could be used for on-demand videos

Manchester City and Manchester Utd have Applications on both platforms.

Simply due to Chromecast and Airplay Issues. above was the response which never helped.

Thinking about Messaging the SLO to see if he can get a response about it.

I've got an android tv box and everything time I load the app it is trying to force me to download the new app. 

Whenever I try to download the new app Google play won't allow it due to it being "incompatible with my device"

Pain in the arse. 

26 minutes ago, DinViesel said:

I've got an android tv box and everything time I load the app it is trying to force me to download the new app. 

Whenever I try to download the new app Google play won't allow it due to it being "incompatible with my device"

Pain in the arse. 

The new version of the RangersTV App is not compatible with Android TV OS.

Live video streams are only available on the desktop/laptop and up to date mobile browsers on the official RangersTV website.

Please note, that it is your responsibility to ensure you are using compatible technology ahead of purchasing a live pass.

If you are unsure whether your technology will be supported, please contact rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com with your device and browser details.

See the Rangers TV FAQ Here - https://www.Rangers.co.uk/rangerstv-faq/6sASsNO8BEYXYyT752ZG7X

3 hours ago, JMac_88 said:

The new version of the RangersTV App is not compatible with Android TV OS.

Live video streams are only available on the desktop/laptop and up to date mobile browsers on the official RangersTV website.

Please note, that it is your responsibility to ensure you are using compatible technology ahead of purchasing a live pass.

If you are unsure whether your technology will be supported, please contact rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com with your device and browser details.

See the Rangers TV FAQ Here - https://www.Rangers.co.uk/rangerstv-faq/6sASsNO8BEYXYyT752ZG7X

Im sure the TV box is classed as a phone though. Regardless that disclaimer that is my responsibility to ensure my tech is compatible upon purchase. It was compatible upon purchase, they are the ones that have changed it. 🤷‍♂️

I found if your having problems with it saying invalid email even though ita the same one you've been using then don't auto fill it. Type your email in manually,  worked for me.....strange but it finally worked after 2 days of frustration 

12 minutes ago, Camshy said:

I found if your having problems with it saying invalid email even though ita the same one you've been using then don't auto fill it. Type your email in manually,  worked for me.....strange but it finally worked after 2 days of frustration 

I hope someone is documenting all these issues and sharing them with RangerTV/StreamAMG so hopefully the issues can be mostly resolved by next game! 😛

14 minutes ago, Camshy said:

typed my email in twice and saying invalid email.

44 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Android OS for Phones is completely different to the Android OS used on streaming boxes.

I always thought the reason why we are not on the likes of Android TV and TV OS was because of an issue with a clause via broadcasting partners or the SPFL.

if that was the case they could limit the live match streaming and audio on the TV versions of the application basically just make it an on-demand service.

Would be worthwhile thing to allow at the moment making it easier for fans watch especially with the whole VST atm.

Manchester City and Manchester United have an app on both platforms.

I have reached out to RTV again asking if they plan to have a version of the app for Android TV and TV OS, waiting on a response!

7 minutes ago, Blue Rino said:

typed my email in twice and saying invalid email.

You could always try reaching out to RangersTV and StreamAMG regarding the issues you are experiencing!

RangersTV Platform Provider Support rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

They might be able help you!

9 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

just got the email tonight hadn’t seen this thread so knew fuck all about, stuff like this fry’s my nut. Not even going to attempt to set it up until Sunday don’t want it spoiling my weekend if I can’t get it to work 😆

I got an email tonight as well telling me to register, I had already looked at this thread, re registered, and received a confirmation email the other day. Thinking there may be a glitch in the club's system, which seems not to be unusual, I thought I'd better fill it in again and it came up with, " there is already an account registered to this email address". 

Would the club not have been better sending out the emails to us all before putting news of the new system  on the club website? 

Here's hoping, when I log on for the St. Johnstone game, it works. 

Archived