New RTV Site and Mobile App

BridgeIsBlue

3 hours ago, MisterC said:

Was raging last night that I couldn't get the action cast to my tv, only that screensaver thing saying when the game kicked off. 

I don't mind paying Rangers my money but I do expect to get the service I am paying for and it sticks in the craw when they cant get their app to function as it should

i am sure Rangers TV and Stream AMG will learn from this and make the appropriate Changes and Fixes going forward.

Casting from the Android App to your TV does seem a significant omission, especially considering the  IOS App had Airplay built-in to cast to TV.

Strange no statement regarding the issues last night has been forthcoming as of yet!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

i am sure Rangers TV and Stream AMG will learn from this and make the appropriate Changes and Fixes going forward.

Casting from the Android App to your TV does seem a significant omission, especially considering the  IOS App had Airplay built-in to cast to TV.

Strange no statement regarding the issues last night has been forthcoming as of yet!

The stream itself was fine, no issues with that just the direct connection with chromecast. Was able to use screen mirror thing so was able to get it on tv but then means you cant do stuff on your phone when watching the game.

9 minutes ago, MisterC said:

The stream itself was fine, no issues with that just the direct connection with chromecast. Was able to use screen mirror thing so was able to get it on tv but then means you cant do stuff on your phone when watching the game.

Nice you found a work-around, i think you can cast from a Google Chrome Tab to your TV too. ( I have no idea if it actually works though, as i used Airplay from the app to my tv.)

See Here - https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

1 hour ago, JMac_88 said:

We only do statements when the board are attacked the fans they couldn’t care less about. No apology or even an admission that they fucked up but that’s no surprise and surely this kind of issue is where the SLO should be very vocal but then unelected  officials are usually hopeless. The main issue was people getting hee haw coverage,casting is secondary and not really an issue if you’ve got fuck all to cast.

37 minutes ago, Dickie said:

We only do statements when the board are attacked the fans they couldn’t care less about. No apology or even an admission that they fucked up but that’s no surprise and surely this kind of issue is where the SLO should be very vocal but then unelected  officials are usually hopeless. The main issue was people getting hee haw coverage,casting is secondary and not really an issue if you’ve got fuck all to cast.

They should of held off until the end of this season and made these changes! 

Sorry you experienced issues, i am hopeful that both Rangers TV and Stream AMG can solve the issues.

Due to when you look into Stream AMG it is not a small company, they have the likes of Liverpool, PSG, AS Roma, Tottenham etc part of their portfolio.

See here- https://streamamg.com/industries/sports

Also, Just wanted to point-out Stream AMG was the provider of the last system too, before this brand re-fresh for RangersTV.

Myself and MisterC did not have any issues during the stream, i was just pointing out an alternative method to cast to your TV until the developers add Casting into the android app.

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I don't have RTV and just get the home games to watch as a season ticket holder.  Daft question...If the game is on RTV Can I pay for the Hamilton game and others on a game by game basis ? 

No because it’s on sky.

Only international viewers get away games as part of their package.

Only home games available on RTV for ppv this season.

Cos the games on sky you can get a now tv day pass for sky sports which is basically a ppv and you’ll get the Liverpool Man City game with it too.

5 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

No because it’s on sky.

Only international viewers get away games as part of their package.

Only home games available on RTV for ppv this season.

Cos the games on sky you can get a now tv day pass for sky sports which is basically a ppv and you’ll get the Liverpool Man City game with it too.

Cheers mate. Thanks for your help. 

11 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Can you cast from IOS to a chromecast like you could previously ?

i think you can cast from a Google Chrome Tab to your TV. ( I have no idea if it actually works though, as i use Airplay from the app to my tv.)

See Here - https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Until the RangersTV Android App has casting built-in... Might be a workaround.

1 hour ago, Rambo1872 said:

Am i right in saying i used to be able to watch away matches on RTV with a vpn? And is the new "upgraded" experience just done away with that? I seen on the site it wad £240 a year? 

Im watching it now on Rangers TV with a vpn.

Its fucking shite though, buffering every 2 seconds.

22 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nah, Im on the international package with the Vpn to make it seem like I'm not in the UK.

Before i had access to the full rtv through the virtual season ticket, using vpn for away games. They have updated it so you only get home games now as a ST holder, giving us the full package must have been killing them so the update basically sorted the season ticket holders from the rtv subscribers. Hesgoal came to the rescue. Not surprised now tbh the club rip the cunt out the fans for money.

23 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Before i had access to the full rtv through the virtual season ticket, using vpn for away games. They have updated it so you only get home games now as a ST holder, giving us the full package must have been killing them so the update basically sorted the season ticket holders from the rtv subscribers. Hesgoal came to the rescue. Not surprised now tbh the club rip the cunt out the fans for money.

You probably got a better experience on Hesgoal to be honest. Fucking thing was stuttering like crazy. 99% it was the stream rather than any hold up on my end.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You probably got a better experience on Hesgoal to be honest. Fucking thing was stuttering like crazy. 99% it was the stream rather than any hold up on my end.

I think as st holder you should get full access not the rangers tv lite shite. 

2 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

I think as st holder you should get full access not the rangers tv lite shite. 

To be honest, I think it is more likely that Rangers dont have the rights to show these games to domestic viewers.

BT or Sky (not sure which one had the game) will expect that they have the sole domestic rights to show these games, as it is what they have paid for.

27 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I suggest reaching-out to rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com, explaining the issue you are having!

surely should not be stuttering!

47 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

I suggest reaching-out to rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com, explaining the issue you are having!

surely should not be stuttering!

Thats like sending a letter to Rover telling them there head gaskets are shite 🤣

Archived