Cedric Itten

Clemdog

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's grown on me, but not sure I see him as ever being our 'main man' in the same way Alfredo is.

I do like him though and as a second or third choice in a squad game he's a great option.

I can totally see him developing into being the main man. He’s tenacious, quick, strong in the air, has great hold up play, fantastic work rate, scores goals and wins fouls brilliantly. He’s even got good link-up play with Roofe.

I’ve almost turned myself on writing all of that. 

The boy’s got massive potential, nae doubt.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Gerrard has played it perfectly. Looked a bit lost early and got some criticism (especially after not really contributing against shite like Lincoln Red Imps) but he’s grown in confidence and has a great understand of his role. Looks tougher and holds the ball up well and has that intelligence about his play 

1 minute ago, BearInTheToon said:

I can totally see him developing into being the main man. He’s tenacious, quick, strong in the air, has great hold up play, fantastic work rate, scores goals and wins fouls brilliantly. He’s even got good link-up play with Roofe.

I’ve almost turned myself on writing all of that. 

The boy’s got massive potential, nae doubt.

You could be right mate time will tell. I agree with most of the attributes you've given him there, apart from quick maybe.

For me he's still a level below Morelos and Roofe but that's no slight on him and he's a good squad option.

Just now, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

I like him, got an eye for goal but man he’s slow!!!

Don't think he's slow, when you are coming on with 10 minutes to go you can't just hit the ground running. 

Reminds me a bit of big Dado, obviously rougher round the edges but he has something about him. 

59 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We’ve handled him perfectly IMO.

Better players than him have come to this league and struggled with pace, physicality and pressure to perform week in week out and we can be very quick to judge.

He’s had a season to bed in with performances here and there while he finds his feet and I think next season he will be class for us as a result of that.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You could be right mate time will tell. I agree with most of the attributes you've given him there, apart from quick maybe.

For me he's still a level below Morelos and Roofe but that's no slight on him and he's a good squad option.

Yeah, granted he’s not Kent or Barker quick, but he’s definitely quicker than Morelos (this season’s version of Alfie, anyway). He’s no slouch

3 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

Start him through the middle if the sfa do what I think they will.

Not yet.  If the compliance officer takes Lawwell's phone call and does what Lawwell says then I'd start Roofe in place of Alfie.    Itten is making great impact coming off the bench in games.  Itten's time in the starting eleven will come soon.

Archived