Ryan Jack

KingKirk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I never truly appreciated Jack until tonight where I made a point of watching him. I couldn’t believe how I hadn’t rated him before, allows Tav so much freedom it’s brilliant 

i think i am right in saying the league games jack has played we have not lost a goal  he is brilliant at falling back to cover for tav

I never thought that Ryan Jack would be this good. I knew he was a tidy player when we bought him, but he’s now absolutely top class. His ability to pick up second balls is unbelievable and his passing is so much better than it used to be. Also, he’s a Protestant. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Can understand why he wasn’t tbh. He has a knee problem he has to manage, he’s coming back from yet another injury on it and we were playing away on a plastic pitch.

I hear you DBBTB and hindsight is a wonderful thing but that midfield badly needs Ryan Jack in it, possibly Arfield too because I dont think its been functioning particularly well for some time now and nerves are getting the better of me.

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

I hear you DBBTB and hindsight is a wonderful thing but that midfield badly needs Ryan Jack in it, possibly Arfield too because I dont think its been functioning particularly well for some time now and nerves are getting the better of me.

I don’t know what the solution is with Jack tbh. He’s so important to us but we keep hearing about how he has to manage this injury, but how practical is it in the long run of he is going to have to keep missing chunks of games? Will there be a point where we bite the bullet and send him for surgery to try and fix it?

Arfield is a big miss too. He’s a far more effective player than Aribo IMO. The sooner he is back, the better.

Jack is the sort of player good managers know can do the job, stays sensible, reads the game, and they can build teams around. 

Shame we did not get him earlier, and a shame about injuries. Surprisingly he's still only 28.

If Tav wasn't captain, and no disrespect to Goldson, I'd have him as captain.

But needs to be a regular starter first. let's hope the injuries don't prevent him doing that. 

28 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t know what the solution is with Jack tbh. He’s so important to us but we keep hearing about how he has to manage this injury, but how practical is it in the long run of he is going to have to keep missing chunks of games? Will there be a point where we bite the bullet and send him for surgery to try and fix it?

Arfield is a big miss too. He’s a far more effective player than Aribo IMO. The sooner he is back, the better.

Arfield has been a bigger miss than anyone else this season, our attacking play has ground to a halt at times without him, badly need him back and flying for us again 

On 27/01/2021 at 22:27, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'm surprised that SG started him so soon after coming back but am glad he did.

Think Gerrard had no other options on Sunday, due to the poor midfield performance in the first 60 minutes.

On 27/01/2021 at 22:41, The Beast said:

The balance of the midfield is so much better with him in it.

This is key and shows the importance of having players in the correct positions who fit the 'style' of a team instead of fitting a formation or team around a player. He may not be the most technical or have the most flair but he knows exactly how to play and the way we play pivots around him. 

Many better teams have come undone trying to shoehorn star players into a side out of position in order to include them in the starting lineup. Gerrard and Lampard was an example. While this give managers difficult decisions teams benefit overall from having a better balance and Jack greatly improves ours. It is no surprise why Gerrard rates him so highly.  

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Can understand why he wasn’t tbh. He has a knee problem he has to manage, he’s coming back from yet another injury on it and we were playing away on a plastic pitch.

You missed got a important european game coming up.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If Jacks injury really does need managed then he should he really be playing international football?

Probably not, but the chance to play at an international tournament is once in a career type stuff if you are Scottish and regardless of what our support think of it, it’s probably something that he wants to be able to say he did.

Archived