Glen kamara

Billy1984

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Got him for cheap, works hard, improved massively and consistently good. If we can get the money we want for him then he’ll go with my best wishes 

Pretty much applies to the whole squad for me. 

20 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Should have started in 2012 this mantra IMO. 

Genuine question, but how were we in a position to do this effectively in 2012?

We had a bad manager and coaches, no ‘footballing department’’, no scouting system, we were playing football at a horrific level and the club was being run be self interested charlatans. We simply didn’t have the infrastructure or the platform to allow players to improve or develop like we do now.

We were an absolute mess in 2012 and it’s taken us close to 8 years to get back to any sort of “normality” and with good reason when you think back about just how bad things were.

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Genuine question, but how were we in a position to do this effectively in 2012?

We had a bad manager and coaches, no ‘footballing department’’, no scouting system, we were playing football at a horrific level and the club was being run be self interested charlatans. We simply didn’t have the infrastructure or the platform to allow players to improve or develop like we do now.

We were an absolute mess in 2012 and it’s taken us close to 8 years to get back to any sort of “normality” and with good reason when you think back about just how bad things were.

With hindsight 2012 was the ideal time for a clear out, top to bottom. It took until Warburton joined for us to actually look to develop as a club and even then we took a step back with Caixinha.

I know the likes of Green, etc, were critical to our lack of development but we could have toppled this house of cards much quicker if we’d had the right people in place. I’m almost pleased that we’ve ended up here though, stopping them during this season is brilliant, their implosion has been brilliant and we’ve set ourselves up to be successful long term.

6 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

I honestly think hes too good for Scottish fitba ,the best thing that happened to this boy is stevie g being his manager, on his game hes unplayable 

He’s exactly why I’ll give Scott Wright every opportunity to prove how good a player he can be. If, for every Glen Kamara there’s Barker, Jones, Hastie and Murphy then it’s worth it IMO.

11 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’d be interesting to Know SG’s thoughts on no new, improved deal for Kamara.

I find it surprising even if he has intimated he wanted to leave in summer.

Last couple of season there’s been new contracts handed out to a few players based on form mid season. I think this season they’ve been told that won’t be happening. New contracts will be awarded in the summer based on whole season performances, and more importantly trophies. 

I don’t have any inside info or anything. Just a thought given even Goldon, who you could argue for being our POTY so far, isn’t discussing a new deal yet. 

The improvement in Jack and Kamara is outstanding coaching from the management team, yeah they were good players and ultimately they put the graft in to get better but they have both taken on board the instructions to develop into very good players.

Kamara is the right age to get even better and is now making contribution in the attacking side of the team, imperative he gets tied into a new deal unless he wants to go and challenge in a better league.

Archived