Zungu

RockwellGers

Not been a fan so far, when he’s playing that deeper role I don’t think he does a single thing worth talking about with or without the ball and that’s problematic 

Looked far more suited to playing a bit further forward tonight, getting to press forcing mistakes from the opposition and he did have a few nice touches. 

I remain unconvinced but he played his part well tonight and deserves credit 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

I know mate. Genuinely wanted to see if people on here thought he looked better. As I posted above I would have bumped a thread if there was one

Fair enough. I actually don't see much from him. Not enough to pay the fee for him. Has been good for rotation but people saying tonight was his best performance was slightly baffling for me and doesn't say much about him. Did his job tonight no less no more.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Fair enough. I actually don't see much from him. Not enough to pay the fee for him. Has been good for rotation but people saying tonight was his best performance was slightly baffling for me and doesn't say much about him. Did his job tonight no less no more.

I think that's just supporters keeping a close eye on his development. It's pretty normal to assess players in detail after every game. For me it's a positive if he looked a bit better tonight

4 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I think that's just supporters keeping a close eye on his development. It's pretty normal to assess players in detail after every game. For me it's a positive if he looked a bit better tonight

He did look better tonight, but I wouldn't say he's done anything in the limited time he's played to say I'd want us to to pay any sort of decent money to keep him.

Chases around, marks players down, and quite good on the ball.  All signs of what Gerrard expects. 

When he sits in midfield can pass the ball without pressure okay, but when further up the park doesn't seem to have much awareness of other blue shirts round him at times, but maybe that will get better with more games. 

He did well when he came on yesterday. I think he's been average with glimpses of nice stuff (long range balls, turns, performance yesterday). Don't think he's done anything which deserves criticism or the reaction he got when he was warming up yesterday. 

He's been fine and nothing else, done his job when he's been brought on. I do think there's a better player in there than what we've seen but at this stage we probably won't pay the £2.7m to keep him. But for a 'free' loan signing this season he's been useful. 

Did fine. Think he’s a decent player. Some are desperate for him to be shite to prove 2/3rds of the forum right, and some are desperate for him to be brilliant so they can prove their own point. 

Reality is he’ll probably be somewhere in the middle.

Played a nice part in developing the move for Jack’s goal at the weekend and looked better last night than I’ve seen him.

Warming to him a bit but £2.7m is a lot considering we got Kamara, Davis, Arfield and Jack for 50k in total.

We've got another midfielder coming from Bournemouth and I’d really like to see the likes of young Dickson get more game time.

If there’s movement in the fee, I’d take him because (Davis, Arfield, Jack average age 30+) the current guys won’t last for ever.

If they insist on £2.7m, I’d pass.

For me the jury is still out. He is still adapting to Scottish football and has until the end of the season to prove his worth. But I too would not pay 2.7M for him as things stand. He would have to greatly up his game to show that was worth that kind of money.

He reminds me a bit of Brahim Hemdami. Maybe not quite as good but we are a team who keeps possession and he is very good on the ball and creating space for himself. With more game time and a growing confidence, he may show a more willingness to adventure and take more gambles.

Archived