Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed, Zungu hasn’t delivered the goods so far.

A think every player that came on done exactly what was asked of them

No idea why he has been criticised in the past? Things really have been that dreamy for us that we need to try talk something down. 😅 Did well when he came on and has more than played his ro

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To be fair to Itten, he took a knock quite early on and was limping for a while.  In normal circumstances, he could well have come off. Not sure whether he soldiered on because we’re so short in that department or if it was because he didn’t want to blow his opportunity. Still happy he’s here (especially as Roofe has gone off the boil) and his hold up play is good.

Definitely see something in Itten that he deserves to stay in the mix, and agree that knock may have had an impact on yesterday. He was at least trying.

Zungu was poor and hasn't really looked all that good in the appearances we've seen from him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Zungu was asked to do a specific job sat in front of the back 4, I didn’t think he was particularly as bad as people make out. Kamara and Aribo didn’t contribute much and were poor yesterday like was Kent and Hagi so effectively we had nothing from Midfield to Front yesterday causing Hamilton any problems. 
Zungu has had 2 starts since he’s arrived and various sub appearances which you can’t really judge a player on that basis, play him with Jack and Davis with a run of games and let’s see what he has to offer imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, djbroxybear said:

Zungu was asked to do a specific job sat in front of the back 4, I didn’t think he was particularly as bad as people make out. Kamara and Aribo didn’t contribute much and were poor yesterday like was Kent and Hagi so effectively we had nothing from Midfield to Front yesterday causing Hamilton any problems. 
Zungu has had 2 starts since he’s arrived and various sub appearances which you can’t really judge a player on that basis, play him with Jack and Davis with a run of games and let’s see what he has to offer imo. 

He was brought in to do Davis' role, which is where he started yesterday and against St Mirren in the cup. Been with us for over 4 months now and still looks useless compared to Davis. That position is extremely important to how we play and the boy looks lost. Just got to manage Davis as best as possible and get him starting every match until it is mathematically done. Zungu is a busted flush.

TopCat likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t to impressed and he looks quite slow and lethargic, would rather we looked to out youth team than went with a guy who is 28 and hasn't really done enough to push his way into the first team and wasn't exactly that good at his previous team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt anyone seriously thinks he will be with us next season. We've got Ofoborh coming in the summer and I expect there will be at least one maybe two further additional midfielders - Lundstram and Daniel Johnson maybe ?  Possibly Allan Campbell might be worth a look as well.

peter huistra likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I doubt anyone seriously thinks he will be with us next season. We've got Ofoborh coming in the summer and I expect there will be at least one maybe two further additional midfielders - Lundstram and Daniel Johnson maybe ?  Possibly Allan Campbell might be worth a look as well.

The Lundstram rumour seems to be persisting. We certainly need to be bringing someone in who can go straight into the first team and replace Davis. He still imperious at times but can't be relied upon to last the pace any longer. We don't want to sleepwalk into the same situation as celtic have with brown. We need to keep pushing on and not be sentimental about it. Zungu has shown nothing to suggest he is the answer and i'd be very surprised if he was still here next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Got to love it when we are away from home to hamilton, only managed two shots on target and got our goal via an own goal, yet we think a defensive mid was the major issue 😅😅

Or we could wonder why if our defensive mid wasn't a huge problem we conceded 12 shots, 7 on targrt, and our keeper was our motm in his busiest game of the season.

It wasnt the the only problem, but it was a major one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem isn’t Zungu specifically, when Davis plays, the other two eg Kamara, Jack or Arfield all push on, cover ground and allow Davis to pick up passes deep.  They ended up with Kamara and Zungu playing deep and (I’ve said before) Aribo is a pass the buck shitebag and doesn’t then gamble nearly enough when you’ve got two sitting behind, he plays far too safe. One shot in 90mins is a terrible contribution. 

Playing then with three in the middle who don’t break their necks to get forward or link up is criminal against a team at the bottom of the league. We’re still relying then on the full backs pushing on, which then cost us, pause the footage when the cross comes in from the left for their goal and Tavernier is just inside his own half, criminal in the 94th min, 1 up going for a championship. 

Despite his lack of game time, Zungu has done very little to warrant purchase so send back and move on....his reaction to his sub kinda told the story that he knows his time is up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say only Goldson and McGregor played anywhere near their top form yesterday. The rest where average at best. Aribos was very disappointing, he should be one of our fresher players having played fewer games, but looked like he was in a training session.

Kent and Tav have been off form for weeks. Barasic's level has also dropped a bit.

Overall it looks like we're having another 2nd half of season slump, and if they weren't so far behind us we'd be in trouble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The starting midfield was poor. Zungus terrible and Aribo is only any good playing in the front 3. 

Kamara was pretty much on his own. The engine room is the most important area of the field. We saw yesterday that an ineffective midfield hurts the defence and the attack.

Davis, Jack and Kamara (plus poss Arfield) need to play every game.

Good news is that Gerrard will know who he has to play and also realise others arent up to it (and never will be)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, five stars said:

I'd say only Goldson and McGregor played anywhere near their top form yesterday. The rest where average at best. Aribos was very disappointing, he should be one of our fresher players having played fewer games, but looked like he was in a training session.

Kent and Tav have been off form for weeks. Barasic's level has also dropped a bit.

Overall it looks like we're having another 2nd half of season slump, and if they weren't so far behind us we'd be in trouble.

Was hoping we wouldn't slump this season, but there you go - guess we're fucked then eh? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Or we could wonder why if our defensive mid wasn't a huge problem we conceded 12 shots, 7 on targrt, and our keeper was our motm in his busiest game of the season.

It wasnt the the only problem, but it was a major one.

The guy had 4 defenders behind him, one of which was woefully out of position for the equaliser, and a good chunk of they shots we faced came after he went off

Zungu was a problem, but not a major one

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

The starting midfield was poor. Zungus terrible and Aribo is only any good playing in the front 3. 

Kamara was pretty much on his own. The engine room is the most important area of the field. We saw yesterday that an ineffective midfield hurts the defence and the attack.

Davis, Jack and Kamara (plus poss Arfield) need to play every game.

Good news is that Gerrard will know who he has to play and also realise others arent up to it (and never will be)

 

Aribo was playing in the front 4 was he not

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

The starting midfield was poor. Zungus terrible and Aribo is only any good playing in the front 3. 

Kamara was pretty much on his own. The engine room is the most important area of the field. We saw yesterday that an ineffective midfield hurts the defence and the attack.

Davis, Jack and Kamara (plus poss Arfield) need to play every game.

Good news is that Gerrard will know who he has to play and also realise others arent up to it (and never will be)

 

Yesterday could be a blessing in disguise tbf. Lessons will be learnt. Arses will be kicked. Gaffer will have a good look at himself also. He knows who to trust and when to trust them. Yesterday was a total shambles, but we fortunately do have the insurance policy of points on the board and a healthy cushion over a none too healthy celtic team. Would have been a travesty if we had won that game. Didn't deserve fuck all tbh.

Reset button to be pressed this week and we go again.

Let's give Kilmarnock and Dundee Hibs the brunt of our frustrations and anger. 

Ps We have dropped only 8 points all season. 8 fucking points, that is phenomenal.

The 2 European games will actually give our domestic performances a huge gee up. We're better playing twice a week. We get too ring rusty with these 7 day lay offs. I thought the rest would lead to better performances, but i was wrong, these players are better being in "match mode" continuously.

 

Grundy likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 12 May 2021 17:00 Until 19:00
      0  
      Livingston v Rangers
      Tony Macaroni Arena
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...