Zungu

RockwellGers

On 07/02/2021 at 15:20, Bannockbear said:

Receives the ball. Takes a touch. Puts foot on ball. Looks up.....looks down. Balls gone 

How many times did he get caught in possession yesterday. I cant remember any. Wasnt adventurous enough with the ball but didnt actually give it away often. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Agreed, however when the majority of the flack for drawing away to hamilton, lands on the shoulders of a player whos started two games and barely played, when guys like kent, aribo etc get less of the blame then it seems utterly bizarre imo, 

People say gerrard fucked up by starting zungu, i say he fucked up more by leaving kent and aribo on and taking off hagi who going by the stats, has been far more productive this season than the other two and has been over less game time

Kent and Aribo haven't escaped criticism. You're talking like everyone is blaming the guy for conceding when he wasn't on the park and it simply isn't true. Its such an extreme viewpoint but one based on fantasy. 

He definetely needs to start taking Kent and Aribo off or dropping them, agreed there. Kent especially, for me, has been a complete letdown regardless of being a mainstay in a winning team. He offers nothing other than hard work off the ball. 

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

On here? Maybe I've yet to speak to these supporters or see their posts but I've yet to see many defending those 2 and if they do its probably because we can still win with them in the team. 

You take Zungu out that starting 11 yesterday for Jack or Davis and we win that game regardless of Kent or Aribo being on the park. 

Jack and davis were on the park when shagger was at his busiest, so how does that work? 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Kent and Aribo haven't escaped criticism. You're talking like everyone is blaming the guy for conceding when he wasn't on the park and it simply isn't true. Its such an extreme viewpoint but one based on fantasy. 

He definetely needs to start taking Kent and Aribo off or dropping them, agreed there. Kent especially, for me, has been a complete letdown regardless of being a mainstay in a winning team. He offers nothing other than hard work off the ball. 

Explain how the viewpoint is that if zungu doesnt play we win? When the stats show that we were worse defensively when he went off

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Jack and davis were on the park when shagger was at his busiest, so how does that work? 

Simple, really. If we have Davis and or Jack on from the start the more likely we are to eventually take the game by the scruff of the neck and control it. Its happened against just about everybody else in the league that's started well against us so why would yesterday have been any different? 

13 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Simple, really. If we have Davis and or Jack on from the start the more likely we are to eventually take the game by the scruff of the neck and control it. Its happened against just about everybody else in the league that's started well against us so why would yesterday have been any different? 

We had 71% of thr ball in the second half, most of it coming when jack, then jack and davis were on the park, even having all that ball hamilton still fashioned way better chances than us

So no, they two aren't guaranteeing the game to be any different, 

The stats show that hamilton had the ball more but were creating less when zungu and kamara were the sitting mids, so maybe kamara and zungu were doing something right and the reason we didnt have the game by the scruff of the neck was because our attacking options were utter dung yesterday 

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We had 71% of thr ball in the second half, most of it coming when jack, then jack and davis were on the park, even having all that ball hamilton still fashioned way better chances than us

The stats show that hamilton had the ball more but were creating less when zungu and kamara were the sitting mids, so maybe kamara and zungu were doing something right and the reason we didnt have the game by the scruff of the neck was because our attacking options were utter dung yesterday 

One created the chance for Barisic's cross.

One created the best chance of the game.

Jack and Davis gave us more of a chance to win in their short time. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

That makes no difference to the point I made though? The longer that Jack and or Davis are on the park, as in start, the more likely we are to take control of the game thus allowing Hamilton less chances. We brought Jack and Davis on with the sole purpose of pushing the team forward to get a goal, that leaves us more open at the back. That's pretty simple. 

The, what, 24 out of 27 games we've won prior to yesterday that Davis and or Jack started would surely back that point up? 

They were doing nothing right yesterday. This is the problem when you solely use stats to make a point. Like I said above, Davis and Jack were brought on with the sole purpose of controlling the game, pushing forward and trying to get a goal, when you do that you're open at the back more. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

But, but stats? Haven't you thought about the stats, especially out of context stats? 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We had one shot on target when kamara and zungu played, we had one shot on target when david and jack played

Hamilton had one maybe 2 shots on target when kamara and zungu played, they had 5 or 4 on target when Jack and the jack and davis played

As I've said, our biggest problem wasn't the defensive side of the team, it was the attacking side

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

That makes no difference to the point I made though? The longer that Jack and or Davis are on the park, as in start, the more likely we are to take control of the game thus allowing Hamilton less chances. We brought Jack and Davis on with the sole purpose of pushing the team forward to get a goal, that leaves us more open at the back. That's pretty simple. 

The, what, 24 out of 27 games we've won prior to yesterday that Davis and or Jack started would surely back that point up? 

They were doing nothing right yesterday. This is the problem when you solely use stats to make a point. Like I said above, Davis and Jack were brought on with the sole purpose of controlling the game, pushing forward and trying to get a goal, when you do that you're open at the back more. 

So hamilton having only 3 shots, one on target with kamara and zungu isnt giving them less chances? 

And once we got the goal, how many chances did we concede, if Jack and davis are to control the game, how did we end up losing a 95th minute equaliser 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

We had one shot on target when kamara and zungu played, we had one shot on target when david and jack played

Hamilton had one maybe 2 shots on target when kamara and zungu played, they had 5 or 4 on target when Jack and the jack and davis played

As I've said, our biggest problem wasn't the defensive side of the team, it was the attacking side

And Davis came on and played the pass that got Barisic through with a very good pass, and Jack played the pass that Kent missed a sitter from, again a lovely pass. Shots on target mean fuck all to anything when our goal and best chance had 0 SOT between them. So they gave us better chances

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I'm thinking oor Jim is Zungu's new agent. 

Couldn't give a fuck about zungu, my point has always been that defensively we weren't as bad as we were attacking yesterday, but for some reason people have shunted the blame on the defensive side of the team, specifically zungu (who only got an hour) and kamara

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And Davis came on and played the pass that got Barisic through with a very good pass, and Jack played the pass that Kent missed a sitter from, again a lovely pass. Shots on target mean fuck all to anything when our goal and best chance had 0 SOT between them. So they gave us better chances

So they gave us two good moments, i totally agree on that, while they were on the pitch also, Hamilton had maybe 4 or 5 good moments, 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There is no denying that Jack & Davis had an influence in what should have been 3 points. But the point they myself and @jimbeamjunior are making is that Zungu is not to blame for 2 points lost.

Apparently restricting the opposition to only one shot on goal isnt having control of the game

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So hamilton having only 3 shots, one on target with kamara and zungu isnt giving them less chances? 

And once we got the goal, how many chances did we concede, if Jack and davis are to control the game, how did we end up losing a 95th minute equaliser 

If Jack and or Davis start that game yesterday that game is over by 60-70 minutes and we would have been in 'see out the game' mode to secure the 3 points. Hamilton wouldn't have get any real chances after that, as many as they did in the first half yesterday in stat terms, whereas yesterday they were able to carve out chances due to us clearly pushing forward in search for the goal and leaving more space in behind, this creating chances to score. Its pretty fucking simple, really. 

We lost the 95th minute equalizer because captain marvel decided to play up front leaving space for Hamilton's last attack which they scored from. Davis and Jack's ability to control the game isn't so good that they can literally stop Tav's brain fart's. 

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Apparently restricting the opposition to only one shot on goal isnt having control of the game

2nd half our possession increased, our play became more exposed after we'd wasted an hour and we needed to push for a goal.  Our goal attempts increased by 50% 2nd half, after the hour mark we managed to find the solutions until we fucked it again.

The changes in personnel with Zungu replaced worked until the fuck up in the last seconds. Stats and what we viewed back that up.

Personally I'd have removed Aribo and Zungu, but I really can't argue Zungu being replaced.

Do you think he should start versus Killie?

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Couldn't give a fuck about zungu, my point has always been that defensively we weren't as bad as we were attacking yesterday, but for some reason people have shunted the blame on the defensive side of the team, specifically zungu (who only got an hour) and kamara

Defensively we dished out 4 or 5 clear cut chances and McGregor bailed them out. I rave about Helander but he was like a pub league player yesterday. Considering its the defences jobs to cut out clear cut chances for the opposition, then they had a fucking howler. McGregor saved them. They were honking. McGregor getting MOTM surely highlights that? No? 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

If Jack and or Davis start that game yesterday that game is over by 60-70 minutes and we would have been in 'see out the game' mode to secure the 3 points. Hamilton wouldn't have get any real chances after that, as many as they did in the first half yesterday in stat terms, whereas yesterday they were able to carve out chances due to us clearly pushing forward in search for the goal and leaving more space in behind, this creating chances to score. Its pretty fucking simple, really. 

We lost the 95th minute equalizer because captain marvel decided to play up front leaving space for Hamilton's last attack which they scored from. Davis and Jack's ability to control the game isn't so good that they can literally stop Tav's brain fart's. 

So your saying if davis and jack started, the game is over by 70mins and we go into see it out mode 

You do realise we scored with ten mins to go and couldnt do the see it out mode for 15mins,so what makes you think we'd have done it for 25mins had they two started? 

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We didn't have control of the game at all until they came on though :lol: could you not see that with your own eyes rather than what 'the stats' say? 

Archived