Hibs Tv

scottyc06

48 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The author is well-known for his unusual use of language,

“Unusual language” or “Sectarian language” as it would be referred to in just about any other case.

Everybody in Scotland knows exactly what he meant with that description and it wasn’t some wacky, kooky, off the wall attempt to be funny.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Canabear said:

David Graham is aware of this and is currently gathering the evidence.

Can you imagine if a sellik player was called a fenian live on hearts tv, the police would be called in and I hope this gets the same response from the police and hivs tv and the spoon burning prick can give a grovelling apology which they both can ram up their holes. I hope I read about him getting punched all over the place and hospitalised 

I remember way back when Trainspotting came out, Welsh & Bobby Gillespie from Primal Scream were reviewing the week's singles....in the NME  & Both were slagging off Rangers...pair of fannies, Gillespie is a celtic fan...Im sure Welsh came out & made a half arsed apology to his " Rangers supporting friends"  this was 1996....Mind you I've met many Hivs fans who hate Rangers more than Hearts...baffling..

34 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The SFA want the footage from Hibs tv. The investigations are piling up.

I guess Lennon's rant gets swept under the carpet now.

Lennon's rant was never going to be investigated

Same with the taigs in Dubai or anything that came with it

Don't speak about it, refuse to do interviews & people will forget it happened, the celtic way 

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

“Unusual language” or “Sectarian language” as it would be referred to in just about any other case.

Everybody in Scotland knows exactly what he meant with that description and it wasn’t some wacky, kooky, off the wall attempt to be funny.

Imagine if a Rangers related pundit referenced any player as a ‘Hamilton Accie’

We can agree or disagree on what makes an offensive statement. I am of the school of thought that words are exactly that. Just words.

However, there is a level of appropriateness as to what is acceptable to be broadcast to an audience, especially in a club's official channel. This wasn't a fanzine show, this was their official club backed channel.

If Welsh has indeed made these comments then Hibs should be censured in the strongest terms possible. I'm sure if Tam or whoever is in the studio on Rangers tv referred to them as tarriers or feniens we would rightly be censured, and probably have some attention by the police. The alleged comments about chopping Morelos up is disgraceful and that is where the full weight should come down upon Hibs. That goes beyond 'banter' and in a way condones that line of thought and ups the ante on the anti-Morelos agenda. 

Regardless of his skin colour it is a form of hate speech and should not have been broadcast on an official channel like that. Very unprofessional. 

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Lennon's rant was never going to be investigated

Same with the taigs in Dubai or anything that came with it

Don't speak about it, refuse to do interviews & people will forget it happened, the celtic way 

I see the DR online are calling Hibs apology to Rangers 'breaking news' yet there is no actual quote in relation to said apology.

Archived