Jack Simpson deal done

Dan Deacon

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, King Jela said:

Would be very disappointed with that. Would rather he stayed next year for the CL then even fucking off on a free. 

I don’t think I we will allow that to happen tbh.

With the way the world, and our finances, are I can’t see us letting a player who we could get 4-5 million for stay for the sake of one more season.

The ideal situation is we tie him down to a new deal, but I think we would probably have done that by now if it was going to happen.

We will lose two starting players this summer for huge profit. That is the way our model is now set up. I wouldn't want one of them to be Goldson but it is possible.

Hard to comment on this since very few have seen Simpson play. I'm a fan of Edmundson but I can only imagine he will be moved on with this signing. As for Katic, he is past a loan move. He either makes it with us or he moves on.

At 33, Balogun is not old.

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

As for Katic, he is past a loan move. He either makes it with us or he moves on.

Katic doesn’t need a loan to help him develop, he needs a loan so he can get games.

With the injury he’s had getting proper games under his belt to rebuild his sharpness and confidence is going to be one of the most important elements of his recovery and the chances of him getting that with us next season are pretty slim.

We would be stupid to let him go now - probably for a reduced fee - when he’s coming off a major injury when we could send him out for a year and either get him back as a sharper and more up to speed player or have a more valuable asset, assuming all goes well with the loan, to sell on then.

31 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think I we will allow that to happen tbh.

With the way the world, and our finances, are I can’t see us letting a player who we could get 4-5 million for stay for the sake of one more season.

The ideal situation is we tie him down to a new deal, but I think we would probably have done that by now if it was going to happen.

£4-5m is the wrong valuation.

For our best defender, even if he is his late 20s going to the EPL we should be looking at at least £10m.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So big final contracts and the riches they bring don't come into it for players? Come on to fuck mate. Even some of those who've earned millions more than Goldson ever will have prioritised the money. That's not to say Goldson will, but you can't say he won't unless you know his circumstances and priorities.

Its just a guess but he could have stayed down south and earned more money that what he'd have gotten off us when he signed, another lower English team or top championship team might well have taken the plunge on him and maybe offered him same if not better than us

At his age and what he's likely earned so far, i think his next move will be motivated by football first, if he was 4 years older then the money probably comes first 

29 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

For our best defender, even if he is his late 20s going to the EPL we should be looking at at least £10m.

Not with a year left on his contract, and in a COVID world, we won’t be.

Even the big clubs hardly have any money at the moment. You only have to look at the lack of movement in England during this window to see that.

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Even the big clubs hardly have any money at the moment. You only have to look the lack of movement in England during this window to see that.

I don't see how to be honest.

It's not like the Brighton's and Watfords if the world rely heavily on their season ticket money. Season ticket money to them is the equivalent of our pie income.

The money in the EPL is due to their ridiculously high TV rights, which are locked in and won't be reducing.

People that think the arse will be dropping out of the market for the EPL clubs are mistaken IMO.

Even at 29/30 with a year on his contracts, we should be looking at £10m minimum for a guy who had been one of our top two performers in our team.

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Even the big clubs hardly have any money at the moment. You only have to look the lack of movement in England during this window to see that.

Have UK player valuations gone up since Brexit?

30 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its just a guess but he could have stayed down south and earned more money that what he'd have gotten off us when he signed, another lower English team or top championship team might well have taken the plunge on him and maybe offered him same if not better than us

At his age and what he's likely earned so far, i think his next move will be motivated by football first, if he was 4 years older then the money probably comes first 

If he's motivated mostly by football he'll sign an extension so we can keep him longer and he'll get champions league experience here.

We offered more than money and were a good deal for him. European football, chance to win medals, Gerrard factor 50K home crowds etc. He'll not get or surpass that elsewhere now.  England for him currently has one benefit over what he can achieve here - money. And for a CH potentially signing one of the best deals in his career to maximise salary, now is his time.

I'd actually have no issues us keeping him another year if the benefits both on the park and financially deem it better to keep him than the cost of replacing him. I just don't think the club will see it that way.

Anyways this is the Jack Simpson thread 😁

21 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I don't see how to be honest.

It's not like the Brighton's and Watfords if the world rely heavily on their season ticket money. Season ticket money to them is the equivalent of our pie income.

The money in the EPL is due to their ridiculously high TV rights, which are locked in and won't be reducing.

People that think the arse will be dropping out of the market for the EPL clubs are mistaken IMO.

Even at 29/30 with a year on his contracts, we should be looking at £10m minimum for a guy who had been one of our top two performers in our team.

But the pandemic is having an effect on EPL clubs. The Premier League is estimating that it’s costing the clubs a collective 100 million a month and clubs like Everton, Arsenal and Southampton have all reported huge loses. There’s going to be a knock on effect whether they have good TV rights or not, and we are already seeing that with what has probably been the quietest January window anybody can remember.

I think there is little no chance that we would have got 10 million for a player with a year left on his contract in a pre covid world, so there’s no way we are getting that now, especially if the player makes it clear to the club that he will be leaving at the end of his contract.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Minimum,  look at ping pong,  harry McGuire he went for £ 75m , our fans constantly under value our players 

8 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Minimum,  look at ping pong,  harry McGuire he went for £ 75m , our fans constantly under value our players 

This 'fans constantly under value our players' patter confuses me. What difference does that make to the club's ability to sell players because in the last 20 years we've only sold 2 players for big money and even then the fees were below £10 million. 

For some reason the subhuman scum in the East are able to sell for big money but we cannot. 

Jack Simpson has been with Bournemouth since he was 12.  He comes from good stock - His Mum is hardcore/takes no prisoners - his close family are all very proud of him.  He has always wanted to be a footballer, totally dedicated to it, very fit (non-smoker/teetotal.  He has had the best of footballing education (maybe not as good as Stevie G but that's probably why he wants to take a chance on the move North.  He was desperate to come up the road 18 months back but Eddie Howe needed him.  A first pick for the young England teams.  It was always hard to break through with Nathan Ake, Tyrone Mings, 2 x Club captains (Cook and Gosling) and a couple of others to shift!  That's why he hasn't played much but Howe wanted him.  Jason Tindall the current first team coach also wants him but you can't wait on that promise for ever!  6ft 3 tall, not an ounce of fat on him, fast, great left foot, brave, he listens and learns.  He would be fantastic beside the big man, ideal.  I really rate FH too but I'm sure young Jack will make his mark.  It will certainly be an eye-opener and he will need some street-wise mates around him.  Ryan Kent will show him the ropes - I think he may have the same agent (or it may be RK's brother now).  No fear Jack but just wait until you see Ibrox bouncing against King's Park, Boscombe!!

Some very good business this month, on a free again that's smart from the board.

Lovely to have a left sided defender, who can cover the left back position eventually. Very happy to have a left footed center back too, will complete the options we have in Balogun, Goldson and Helander. Let's see what will happen with Katic and Edmundson, a bit worry with Katic and his injury record, sadly. 

1 hour ago, glasgow argyle said:

No they don’t, they are just realistic about it.

Goldson has been fantastic for us, but nobody is paying “a minimum” of 10 million for a 28 year old centre half playing in Scotland with a year left on his contract. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

This 'fans constantly under value our players' patter confuses me. What difference does that make to the club's ability to sell players because in the last 20 years we've only sold 2 players for big money and even then the fees were below £10 million. 

For some reason the subhuman scum in the East are able to sell for big money but we cannot. 

Realistically speaking who have we had in the past decade that has actually been worth big money? Jelavic was but we sold him for less than he was worth because we were weeks away from administration and anybody else worth anything in the 2011-12 team walked away for nothing.

Since then it’s been a stream of jobbers, journeymen and talented but inconsistent players who haven’t won a thing of note.

However at this point we have Barisic, Aribo, Helander, Kamara, Hagi, Kent & Morelos who we could sell for significantly more than we signed them for and then we have the likes of Itten & Katic who you would hope would come on next season so we are getting there now.

I just don’t happen to think Goldson falls into that category because of his contract situation. :lol:

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

As if clubs are gonna look at the forum and base their bids on what a few cunts on here say anyway. 

55 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

No they don’t, they are just realistic about it.

Goldson has been fantastic for us, but nobody is paying “a minimum” of 10 million for a 28 year old centre half playing in Scotland with a year left on his contract. 

Perhaps the answer is to extend his contract and insert a release clause for a decent fee. 

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Perhaps the answer is to extend his contract and insert a release clause for a decent fee. 

You’ve got to convince the player to agree to that though don’t you?

Ultimately the players agent doesn’t care about Rangers Football Club and what benefits us, he cares about what is best for his client.

Archived