Billy Gilmour loan?

krautrock

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Not bitter in any way, wish him the best of luck. But he decided not to sign a professional contract with the club who gave him the opportunity to showcase his talent. I’m sure he’ll have plenty of options in the EPL, he’ll do just fine with them.

My main point is we don’t need him to win the league, it’s not going to be with a permanent option so what’s the point?

Personally I’d have felt obliged to sign a professional contract with the club, even if only for 2 years, but I appreciate that’s not how football works.

We don’t just stop when we win the league though, champions league riches to be had, and Gilmour on a 18 month loan if possible, is a no brainer.

On 29/01/2021 at 04:28, Heshootshescores said:

I can see how it would benefit the player,and how it would benefit Chelsea . I'm much less clear on how this would benefit Rangers.

Rangers have a chance of CL football, Chelsea don't. 

There you go. 

Chelsea offered a kid the chance to move to a far more professional outfit, in a highly superior league, and to set himself and his family for life all by signing one piece of paper. 

We might not like it - but his decision to join Chelsea was an absolute no brainer. 

Would welcome him back on an 18-month loan 👍

On 28/01/2021 at 15:22, slimjim1690 said:

Posters on here thinking that a 15/16 yr old kid was old enough to have the knowledge of an adult in making a major career choice is mental, the choice was made for him, the kid was advised by others and family into signing for Chelsea and for what it's worth it was the correct move considering the mess we were in at the time, however the message that he would like to come here on loan just to get a chance at going to the Euro's sends out all the wrong signals and could possibly cause disharmony in a dressing room that is so tight at the moment, oh and as far as I'm concerned fuck us doing anything in order to assist the fucking sfa.

Happens with 30-year-old footballers too. Billy was very much in favour of chelsea over other (morelucrative) options he had.

5 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Chelsea offered a kid the chance to move to a far more professional outfit, in a highly superior league, and to set himself and his family for life all by signing one piece of paper. 

We might not like it - but his decision to join Chelsea was an absolute no brainer. 

Would welcome him back on an 18-month loan 👍

Too many of our support don't see that though. The lad made the correct decision for himself and also his family. The league we play in is a backwater full of hammer throwers and corruption.

On 28/01/2021 at 15:15, wewillfollowrangers said:

18 month deal I'd agree but suspect that's highly unlikely. any articles I've seen talk of end of season loan to better his chances of getting a scotland call up, no thanks.

New chelsea boss seems to think he lacks physicality, whats makes people think he's big enough to play here among hammer throwers

Can make a fool out of Fabinho but can't cut it against Dicker, Campbell, Ferguson or Marvin Bartley.

Fuck sake man. :headwall:

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Can make a fool out of Fabinho but can't cut it against Dicker, Campbell, Ferguson or Marvin Bartley.

Fuck sake man. :headwall:

Who said he coudnt cut it talent wise? he's been dropped at Chelsea as the new manager feels is lacks physicality.

Hes 9 stone soaking wet what kind of protection will he get from referees up here?

Just now, wewillfollowrangers said:

Who said he coudnt cut it talent wise? he's been dropped at Chelsea as the new manager feels is lacks physicality.

Hes 9 stone soaking wet what kind of protection will he get from referees up here?

He's not playing centre half ffs.

The hammer thrower shite is just a lazy trope that gets rolled out when you then look around the league and see there are loads of slight midfield or attacking players who have no problem playing in the league.

He's not dissimilar to Davis in build for a start.

He's a good player but no benefit for us if he came on loan.  If he performs well, he'll be recalled at the end of the season and we don't need him to win the league.  I'd rather we start playing our youth players when the league is won.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck him, fuck Chelsea :) 

when you say 'fuck him' to one of the best young talents in the game you are basically sticking two fingers up at the club you love.

If Billy Gilmour can play a part in helping us in this years Europa or qualifying for next years CL group stages then it is a no-brainer.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

when you say 'fuck him' to one of the best young talents in the game you are basically sticking two fingers up at the club you love.

If Billy Gilmour can play a part in helping us in this years Europa or qualifying for next years CL group stages then it is a no-brainer.

No I'm not, he won't be signing for us.

Archived