Billy Gilmour loan?

krautrock

6 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Zungu Kamara Davis will probably not be here next year.  Our own youth players might not be good enough but Gilmour is clearly a quality player.

18 month deal suits us. There isn't any point in a 6 month deal.

18 month deal I'd agree but suspect that's highly unlikely. any articles I've seen talk of end of season loan to better his chances of getting a scotland call up, no thanks.

New chelsea boss seems to think he lacks physicality, whats makes people think he's big enough to play here among hammer throwers

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posters on here thinking that a 15/16 yr old kid was old enough to have the knowledge of an adult in making a major career choice is mental, the choice was made for him, the kid was advised by others and family into signing for Chelsea and for what it's worth it was the correct move considering the mess we were in at the time, however the message that he would like to come here on loan just to get a chance at going to the Euro's sends out all the wrong signals and could possibly cause disharmony in a dressing room that is so tight at the moment, oh and as far as I'm concerned fuck us doing anything in order to assist the fucking sfa.

31 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

I know.

Aye but it was our fault we never gave him a chance, gies fucking peace.

I dont blame him for leaving he had a brilliant opportunity for himself to develop but fuck me have some pride, we're not here to accommodate him cause he needs game time for scotland, fuck that.

A family home down in London helped tip the scales too .No point is offering him a family home in London .😁

The choice he had was no choice at all. Us under Caixhina vs Chelsea is a no-brainer. 

Just a shame the timing of it all. We'd have a much better chance of holding on to him now, what with a far, far more professional coaching staff, the chance for a midfielder to work under a guy like Gerrard, and the fact that we're top dogs again would have been a much more attractive draw.

Too late for a loan too. For me he's at the stage he'd go to another EPL club if he doesn't stay at Chelsea and get game time.

People seem to conveniently forget the fucking state of the club at all levels when Chelsea came in for him

Regardless, absolutely pathetic some of the shite being said about a teenager who took the opportunity 99% of people would in that situation. And guess what? It’s worked out beyond anyone could ever have imagined.

I’d happily take him on loan for a season or more.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He would cost us a record fee mate.

We won’t be spending a record fee for a player any time soon, let alone on Billy Gilmour, but if we were it would be a player in his mould that I would want us to spend it on because you either get a player who’s going to develop further and be sold on for even more money, or you have a class player who could be part of your first team for the best part of a decade.

Cracking young player but not needed and some idiot hammer thrower would end him if he was playing with us. Better going out to continental clubs. Going to be hard to progress at Chelsea for him with Frank being sacked. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We won’t be spending a record fee for a player any time soon, let alone on Billy Gilmour, but if we were it would be a player in his mould that I would want us to spend it on because you either get a player who’s going to develop further and be sold on for even more money, or you have a class player who could be part of your first team for the best part of a decade.

Billy Gilmour fits into both of those categories if he were our player.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Not many players stay with a team for a decade anymore mate. 

Don't think we need him unless it's over the longer term but if it's a short term loan then he has to join the queue behind Davis, Kamara, Jack, Arfield, Aribo and Zungu for game time.

Where he might come in useful is for on the bench in Europe ( if available) as i presume he's classed as a home grown player. And in the league towards the end of the season when Davis, Jack and Kamara need rested.

But, in general, prefer to see our own young players get the chance in the 1st team rather than another teams players

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

People seem to conveniently forget the fucking state of the club at all levels when Chelsea came in for him

Regardless, absolutely pathetic some of the shite being said about a teenager who took the opportunity 99% of people would in that situation. And guess what? It’s worked out beyond anyone could ever have imagined.

I’d happily take him on loan for a season or more.

Annoyingly, if we were in the state we are now there would be a good chance he would of stayed. 

Mental folk are bitter that he left

Opportunity to set your family up for life moving to Chelsea when he was barely working age and we weren’t giving him a chance in the team anyway 

Would be nice to have him in the team but pretty pointless considering we’d have absolutely no chance of keeping him

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Are you honestly bitter at a youngster for taking the opportunity to move to a EPL club like Chelsea? 

Fucking hell :lol:

Not bitter in any way, wish him the best of luck. But he decided not to sign a professional contract with the club who gave him the opportunity to showcase his talent. I’m sure he’ll have plenty of options in the EPL, he’ll do just fine with them.

My main point is we don’t need him to win the league, it’s not going to be with a permanent option so what’s the point?

Personally I’d have felt obliged to sign a professional contract with the club, even if only for 2 years, but I appreciate that’s not how football works.

Archived