Scottish FA must act after vile comments aimed at Rangers star on HibsTV

The Dude

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Oh ok, I wasn’t aware as a journalist you can write any old shite without actually putting in some legwork like a random guy on RM has shown you lol

What legwork wasn't put it? My story was pubbed at 1730 (and written earlier) at the time it was published there was no video of the clip doing the rounds and hibs had still to upload their footage. 

The clip in the thread appears to have surfaced some six or seven hours AFTER I'd written and published the article. 

I never realised my leg work would also include time travel. 

Now that the footage has surfaced, Welsh and Hibs have no hiding place. The comments cannot now be taken in isolation and they are damning. 

It's unprofessional at best, racial stereotyping and hateful. As I've said before, it is a form of hate speech and cannot be glossed over. 

Remember "How's your sister?" and the furore that surrounded that? The vilification and attention a young boy got for that was unbelievable yet this is a supposedly cultured man who has spouted this on an official club channel. 

The evidence is out there now. SFA/SPFL let's see what you do now. Police Scotland should also be speaking to Welsh and Hibs for the fact this has been on a public platform. 

7 hours ago, Willis said:

Rangers is the only club in the country who's players you can make jokes about killing and folk just laugh it off

Did a Rangers fan not once get arrested for dressing up as a postman and posting it on Facebook? But the HIVs feel this kind of patter is something to promote because it's Rangers

Sure the boy was kicked out of uni for that too 

6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Sorry Sparkle but I disagree.

If you really think that then admin should be modding this forum a lot heavier than they do at present.

Disagree with that I think whenever anyone on here calls them fenian bastards etc its done in the full knowledge it could result in a chap at the door / workplaces being contacted etc - it's happened to posters previously, 

Then there's another side to this that posters on here don't have the profile of Welsh and haven't been afforded the position of being on live TV which comes with extra rules and responsibilities,  also as he is being employed by hibs then surely they face a charge of bringing the game into disrepute 

9 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Someone on FF saying he’s a hivs fan

Tanner is 100% a Hibs fan. No idea where this thing about him being a bluenose comes from. He was at Easter Road mooching freebies most weekends last season because nobody will hire him.

Just now, The Dude said:

Tanner is 100% a Hibs fan. No idea where this thing about him being a bluenose comes from. He was at Easter Road mooching freebies most weekends last season because nobody will hire him.

You go on his Twitter and his profile is all about hivs and Edinburgh plus he seemed to have wet himself with the banter from the bigoted Welsh.

98305885-FB11-4A09-BBA1-6FFD23223935.png

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hit the nail on the head with welsh... Only criticism on your piece is you mentioned the Morelos incident and like most other media outlets have not mentioned mcgregors stamp. Petty as that me be it still sets a rhetoric that Morelos was the only player who did anything wrong in the match imo. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

whys that then? asking as im a nosey, bored cunt at work.

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Hit the nail on the head with welsh... Only criticism on your piece is you mentioned the Morelos incident and like most other media outlets have not mentioned mcgregors stamp. Petty as that me be it still sets a rhetoric that Morelos was the only player who did anything wrong in the match imo. 

I was going to mention the McGregor bit but it wasn't directly relevant to the Welsh stuff (and we discussed it elsewhere on the site)

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

whys that then? asking as im a nosey, bored cunt at work.

He's an arrogant prick who isn't actually that good at what he does compared to what he wants in return. Think Spiers with an Edinburgh accent (and similar dress sense).

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He was compere at NARSA 2017. Gordon Smith introduced him as compere and said if any of you are wondering what his allegiances are I think this maybe tells you.

I'd imagine that's why 

9 minutes ago, RfcSevco said:

He was compere at NARSA 2017. Gordon Smith introduced him as compere and said if any of you are wondering what his allegiances are I think this maybe tells you.

I'd imagine that's why 

That's a very odd one. Tanner will tell anyone who'll listen he's a Hibs fan. He's always skulking round ER for a free lunch

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was going to mention the McGregor bit but it wasn't directly relevant to the Welsh stuff (and we discussed it elsewhere on the site)

You definitely tackled the article in the right way.

It was an article about Welsh/ Hibs and while you mentioned the Morelos incident, which was completely relevant as that seemed to spark whatever bile Welsh was about to spout, the McGregor one would have diluted your point and detracted from the reasoning of your article. 

39 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Disagree with that I think whenever anyone on here calls them fenian bastards etc its done in the full knowledge it could result in a chap at the door / workplaces being contacted etc - it's happened to posters previously, 

Then there's another side to this that posters on here don't have the profile of Welsh and haven't been afforded the position of being on live TV which comes with extra rules and responsibilities,  also as he is being employed by hibs then surely they face a charge of bringing the game into disrepute 

The point I was trying to make is that if you think that speech like that is so offensive it should be regulated to a criminal standard, then as a mod you should be actively stamping out similar here.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The point I was trying to make is that if you think that speech like that is so offensive it should be regulated to a criminal standard, then as a mod you should be actively stamping out similar here.

Obv can't speak for the mods but assume their view would be he should be held to a higher standard than the posters on here given the platform , its not a like for like situation 

Archived