Scottish FA must act after vile comments aimed at Rangers star on HibsTV

The Dude

10 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Obv can't speak for the mods but assume their view would be he should be held to a higher standard than the posters on here given the platform , its not a like for like situation 

The old excuse of it being a club in-house platform only watched by Hibs fans .The same excuse as tight eye Boyd .

They won’t want to care that no matter in house it was it’s out in the public domain .And it doesn’t matter if it was picked up from watching a dodgy stream .It’s out there now .

Worst thing that will happen here is he won’t be on Hibs TV again and he won’t apologise.He’s a bitter auld junkie prick .

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Obv can't speak for the mods but assume their view would be he should be held to a higher standard than the posters on here given the platform , its not a like for like situation 

Not seeing why that should make a difference if it's seen as so wrong that the police should be involved. This is as public as Hibs TV is. More so, actually, given it's free and Hibs TV isn't. Both are platforms targeted at a particular audience.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not seeing why that should make a difference if it's seen as so wrong that the police should be involved. This is as public as Hibs TV is. More so, actually, given it's free and Hibs TV isn't. Both are platforms targeted at a particular audience.

Are people on here paid employees of the club ? Does the forum have to adhere to ofcom and broadcasting regulations ? 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Are people on here paid employees of the club ? Does the forum have to adhere to ofcom and broadcasting regulations ? 

What's that got to do with whether the police should be involved?

48 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

You definitely tackled the article in the right way.

It was an article about Welsh/ Hibs and while you mentioned the Morelos incident, which was completely relevant as that seemed to spark whatever bile Welsh was about to spout, the McGregor one would have diluted your point and detracted from the reasoning of your article. 

And kept the “Morelos is the only one in the wrong bandwagon rolling”. The dude mentioned the CO in his article and how she may now come out of hibernation, it would have been easy to fit mcgregors incident in at that point imo. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Tanner is 100% a Hibs fan. No idea where this thing about him being a bluenose comes from. He was at Easter Road mooching freebies most weekends last season because nobody will hire him.

Must change teams like his underwear then given comments at a convention myself and other prominent posters were at personally.

Not doubting you, just telling you where the ‘idea of him being a bluenose’ comes from.

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Imo the reason they are more likely to get involved with this and not with random comments on here is the amount of work involved 

Maybe so. But in terms of whether or not they should be I don't see the difference. Shouldn't be involved in either tbh.

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

Must change teams like his underwear then given comments at a convention myself and other prominent posters were at personally.

Not doubting you, just telling you where the ‘idea of him being a bluenose’ comes from.

Aye, someone else mentioned it too. Seems he's happy to be whatever whoever is paying him wants/perceives him to be.

10 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

I've personally seen him at another Rangers event.

There's a thread on Kickback talking about how he takes his son to watch Hearts and to Hearts events as well :lol:

Action should be taking , he's talking about killing someone then Imo being sectarian referring to us as current buns......but in this country ita ok to call us what you want, cant call them anything or you get a record !

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's a very odd one. Tanner will tell anyone who'll listen he's a Hibs fan. He's always skulking round ER for a free lunch

He's obviously done what he needed to get that gig. I always thought he was a fanny at school, a bit older than me so didn't know him too well. But a good mate of mine says he's of very good mind and sound stock.

He's still fucked it in my eyes with us.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's obviously done what he needed to get that gig. I always thought he was a fanny at school, a bit older than me so didn't know him too well. But a good mate of mine says he's of very good mind and sound stock.

He's still fucked it in my eyes with us.

One of my colleagues bumped into him at the BBC a few years ago.

"Hi mate, I'm Ben."

"Hiya. I'm David, but I think you probably know who I am already." :britney:

The height of unprofessional from Hibs

Firstly why is an author notorious for being a complete idiot any time he’s given a public platform a pundit on a football match 

Calling Morelos a H** and actually getting giggles from the other pundit and the presenter 

The machete comment is vile and it’s not even the worst thing about this 

Ofcom's legal position is quite simple.

"Ofcom has wide-ranging powers across the television, radio, telecoms and postal sectors. It has a statutory duty to represent the interests of citizens and consumers by promoting competition and protecting the public from harmful or offensive material."

It is not Ofcoms decision to determine the law however, this is done by the 2003 Communications Act.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Act_2003

As you can see in the "Malicious Communications" section, one of the the main determinations of an offence is dependant on the size of the audience, but this is not defined clearly, although there are plenty of legal precedents against a variety of individuals.

Basically, I'd say there was a risk even with a small audience, especially if in the public domain. . 

Archived