UPDATE: Rangers accept Morelos 3 match ban

CooperSF

1 minute ago, AlCapone said:

This is a big matter and must be fought from a position of strength.  If our manger is pulled up after TLB comments last month their will be an explosion of anger. Fight the bastards

Agreed however a position of strength is when the title is wrapped up and we're not diverting attention away from the actual football that's still to be played.

As for an explosion of anger...from who...the media aren't going to back Gerrard up if he went to town over the Morelos ban/Lennon's comments, neither would any other club for that matter. His drunken rant from last month is long forgotten about by the powers that be & you'll not hear another word about it, we gain absolutely nothing by getting involved with anything they do, let them fucking implode.

By all means when we're crowned champions go for their throats but at the end of the day on this occasion it's a red card, its a ban & it's deserved.

Highlighting (again) that we're not treated the same as other clubs, whilst true, would only serve to start something which we really don't need to deal with at the moment, it's not going to change anything. We'll have times where clearer opportunities to show the way we're treated present themselves (Candieas blowing a kiss for me was always a ridiculous one) but this isn't the time.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Think a lot of people are missing the point regarding the Buff suspension, first of all it wasn't a stamp, yes he stood on his leg, but he didn't stamp on him, was it intentional only the Buff knows that. What's angering me is we all heard Jack Ross and Darren McGregor say the ref saw it and he thought it was a tangle of legs, so we know the ref's now lying because why would Ross and McGregor lie. I think everyone agrees McGregor should have been cited as well, why he wasn't brings me to the real issue here the Buff is being treated differently than any other player in Scottish football and has been for most of his career in Scotland, this is my grievance about the club, I can't remember once them coming out and highlighting this. 

Between on and off the park the treatment Morelos has had to endure has been ridicules.

On a final note these assaults went unpunished - judge for yourselves  - is he getting treated differently  

I'm totally with you that Morelos is treated differently. That twitter video you posted would have more impact if it showed like for like infringements and what punishment was received..

2 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Is that not what I did

D76811B9-1905-430B-A810-8BB73DC5E14A.gif.214123b50a94f711ac805c465725892f.gif

*the club not you dafthole

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

This is a big matter and must be fought from a position of strength.  If our manger is pulled up after TLB comments last month there will be an explosion of anger. Fight the bastards

No better position of strength than being the champions of scottish football, do it during the summertime when we can bicker back and forth with the sfa. 

24 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

*the club not you dafthole

No better position of strength than being the champions of scottish football, do it during the summertime when we can bicker back and forth with the sfa. 

The sting will be out of it in the summertime, good to see the manager has started the ball rolling. The league is won, lawwell has been sacked and their new CEO  hasn’t started. Never been a better time to stick the knife in and take advantage 

11 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

The sting will be out of it in the summertime, good to see the manager has started the ball rolling. The league is won, lawwell has been sacked and their new CEO  hasn’t started. Never been a better time to stick the knife in and take advantage 

If anything it'll give us more time to compile evidence and inconsistencies in the process, but right now I imagine the club would rather no do anything that could remotely jeopardise the league proper even though we are in a strong positon. 

For the time being it is what it is and it'll just be business as usual until the club decides whens best to chase this up. 

Archived