UPDATE: Rangers accept Morelos 3 match ban

CooperSF

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of whether Morelos meant it or not, the rules state  "  but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed, "  Clancy said he saw the incident so there are no grounds to take it any further.

1 hour ago, Soldier blue said:

As expected.  Personally I don’t think the club can or should fight this, it was a red card offence imo.  What the club must fight against is trial by media and the lack of Citing of numerous incidents over the past 3-4 weeks.  It is so transparent that the SFA only take action when it is Rangers/Morelos.

I still don’t think it merited a ref card IMO 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It doesn't need to be a stamp. Not sure why you keep going on as if he's off the hook if it can't be classed as such.

If it’s not a stamp then why is it endangering the opponent ? Another thing in this is he has had a stamp that put a hole in his thigh and if I remember right nothing was done. 

10 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Main should have been. I've no clue what the other incidents are as I don't spend my time watching the tarriers unless we're playing them.

Since you don’t spend your time watching them, they also went to Dubai and broke protocols. When they arrived back their manager had a rant at everybody and anybody yet neither have been picked up by CO.

Pretty odd.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Not bothered, it was a straight red, Alfie brings it on himself, no matter how much we love him, at least the boss doesn’t have to worry about his options up front

The principle tho is that the ref saw it and made a decision.

I fully agree where a ref misses something...but come on, this is pandering to pundits...and I, for one, am bothered about that (as u may have guessed)

I don't think the trainer was called on to the pitch - it was a step on to the thigh, not a stamp and it wasn't preceded by throwing the player to the ground. Definitely petulant and stupid but had much less intent to injure than McGregor's incident

As Gerrard has said, Morelos is now refereed to a different standard. 

What I would say is the player needs to realise this, and sadly, has to act accordingly or he's not going to have much of a career ahead of him

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

You've not helped your argument by calling him a 'wee cunt'.

For me there's two strands to this...

Do I feel like we're being treated differently to other Club's? Yes I do. Going by the evidence of who has been charged this year and what incidents have gone uncharged. 

The second strand is Morelos. If the above point was moot and there was consistently in their charges Morelos would be scrutinised far more by our own fan base. 

If you can separate those points you're absolutely allowed to call out his stupidity - yet again.

'Wee Cunt' is a term of endearment where i come from.

Is he a petulant wee cunt, yes he is!

Would Gerrard be thinking the same, i'd wager so, he's spoke about it before!

I agree there's two issues, that's what i said in my original post. 

But fact is, had Morelos not done it, then we wouldn't be talking about it.

So, until the next time, and the time after that, time after that .....as undoubtedly there will be a next time, as he just doesn't seem to learn.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

If it’s not a stamp then why is it endangering the component? Another thing in this is he has had a stamp that put a hole in his thigh and if I remember right nothing was done. 

Because a grown man deliberately standing on an opponents thigh by definition endangers his safety. It can cause injury.

The DU one was a shocker both at the game and by the CO process. But it shows the disparity in treatment, not that Morelos wasn't at fault here.

You can stand up for Alfie to an extent. Yes he does at times get a rough deal and different treatment. However, these things are in him. You go to town for him and it is very likely he will let you down and you have egg on your face.  Nightmare for Management I feel.  

I had no doubt that this was going to happen. Unfortunately it’s a part of his game that he just can’t seem to change. I’m sure that the manager has spoke to him on several occasions, and will do again, but I can’t see it making any difference. We’re now missing him for another 3 important games but I just accept now that you can’t get the brilliant Alfie without having the fuckwit one. Never mind , all will be forgotten when he’s dancing round the touch line with a funny hat on in a few weeks. No Surrender. 

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I'd love to see the weans some of the posters on here must drag up. Complete inability to accept fault or personal responsibility. Kind of bawbags that blame the school/polis/court/social work (everyone but themselves) when the wee wanks they raised get suspended/lifted/jailed...

What a horrible cunt

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Since you don’t spend your time watching them, they also went to Dubai and broke protocols. When they arrived back their manager had a rant at everybody and anybody yet neither have been picked up by CO.

Pretty odd.

You watched them in Dubai?

Seems pretty obsessive.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Because a grown man deliberately standing on an opponents thigh by definition endangers his safety. It can cause injury.

The DU one was a shocker both at the game and by the CO process. But it shows the disparity in treatment, not that Morelos wasn't at fault here.

Really only one person knows for sure if he deliberately stood on his thigh but what we all know is that he deliberately took his weight off the foot that ended on the thigh, the player was in a position to lift the foot up during the stamp and Morelos fell down due to it. 

Not got an issue with Morelos getting cited, it's a red & deserves it.

The issue is with the fact a similar incident in the same game doesnt get cited (even though they thought enough of it to have a 2nd look) 

And the fact Clancy says he never seen it when clearly he did

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Told you they’d claim he didn’t see it exactly like Madden up at Aberdeen lol. 

And McLean with the Morelos elbow.

Folk think I'm para as fuck with the other thread. But I get the refs are shite and do make mistakes. They just tend to do it far less in our favour but when they do and it involves challenges the CO process sweeps in and 'corrects' it. Theres dozens of worse challenges not even considered and that's not fair, right or incompetent. Its bias.

1 minute ago, Orange Persson said:

You can stand up for Alfie to an extent. Yes he does at times get a rough deal and different treatment. However, these things are in him. You go to town for him and it is very likely he will let you down and you have egg on your face.  Nightmare for Management I feel.  

This isn’t about standing up for buff it was a red

This is about finding out why we are being held to a different standard. 

It takes the CO 48hrs to bring a charge and it'll be heard on Tuesday 

Tom boyd anyone 

Archived