Welsh's Morelos comments - does anyone care? | Daily Record

OceanRain

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is 2021, we've just ended the most woke and racially aware year in decades, where is seems any perceived attack on any person of colour is seen as a hate crime.

Theres an article in the politics thread about how to mispronounce someone's name is racist.

But in Scotland, a celebrity can go on telly and say that a dark skinned guy from South America who can barely speak the language should be chopped up with a machete, and a major newspaper publishes an article saying that folk shouldn't get their knickers in a twist about it

What I can't get my head round is the hypocrisy of the mainstream media on this.

Marcus Rashford gets a tweet or 2 and all of a sudden there's a media campaign to get online threats banned.

Welsh, on tv, calls for Alfie to be cut up and fed to seagulls and it's ''does anybody really care?''

Talk about double standards

fu@kin sickening

49 minutes ago, Malkster said:

What I can't get my head round is the hypocrisy of the mainstream media on this.

Marcus Rashford gets a tweet or 2 and all of a sudden there's a media campaign to get online threats banned.

Welsh, on tv, calls for Alfie to be cut up and fed to seagulls and it's ''does anybody really care?''

fu@kin sickening

Would be interesting to start some discussion on, and get some feedback from,  Rashfords  accounts or related sites discussing the racist abuse of Rashford asking what they think of the Morelos issue, and why they think racism  towards footballers is treated so differently in Scotland. 

Remember the media outrage when some social media page put up a picture of lennon with a target or something . I’m sure the media were demanding whoever was responsible should face time and that this was the most serious of threats 

31 minutes ago, Malkster said:

fu@kin sickening

That’s the problem right there in a nutshell. I honestly couldn’t give a fuck what Welsh or any other no mark calls me or my players but the double standards are off the scale. Imagine one of the country’s best known authors said Marcus Rashford  should b chopped up, the reaction would be cataclysmic. Throw in the sectarian term H** and it would dominate every news program  .  

Like with his "stamp" everyone's missing the point.

No one saying he's an Angel what we're saying is he's given undue attention compared to his peers.

Just like no one is saying they are genuinely offended by Welsh again its the double standard in dealing with the type of language and rhetoric Welsh used.

57 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Remember the media outrage when some social media page put up a picture of lennon with a target or something . I’m sure the media were demanding whoever was responsible should face time and that this was the most serious of threats 

I'm sure i read somewhere a quote,  and I'm paraphrasing, ''if you want to know who rules a country, just look to who you cant criticise''

End of the day it’s now becoming blatant racism against Morelos and they get away with it because he plays in blue. No one wants to call it out because it means they’ll need to call out all of the scums racist bullshit like when they abuse their Israeli players 

1 minute ago, The Hammer 11 said:

End of the day it’s now becoming blatant racism against Morelos and they get away with it because he plays in blue. No one wants to call it out because it means they’ll need to call out all of the scums racist bullshit like when they abuse their Israeli players 

allied with the facts that the majority are all Rangers haters with typewriters

3 minutes ago, Malkster said:

allied with the facts that the majority are all Rangers haters with typewriters

The club are a joke when it comes to this as well, you’ve got players taking the knee before games but no ones willing to come out and blast these cunts in the media the full things pointless and an empty gesture 

2 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

Welsh would not have got away so lightly with that nonsense in England..he would have been hunted down by the media.No danger if that in this hole.

That's the difference between sensible governance and the joke of authority we have up here

No be long until they start double spacing  their content  to help their bheast readership sound their words when reading, very community spirited of them.

For everyone else I just hope this awakens those,  as yet unconvinced,  as to the depths they will sink to and stop giving this lot revenue to produce hateful bile such as this.

This includes clicking on to the links posted in here to their website btw.

Morelos is depicted as some sort of raging lunatic by the press up here. Truth is he is a bit hot headed on the pitch but that is his nature and as frustrating as it can be at times it is who he is and makes him the player he is when firing on all cylinders. He’s not the first person to be so on a football pitch and won’t be the last . 

off the pitch he comes across as a very considerate person whose upbringing and background is very important to him and does tremendous Charity work for impoverished areas back in his home country . 

As opposed to some of the “cheeky chappies “ we have had from parkhead over the years who off the field as well as on it are just general arseholes 

di cannio - facist 

Griffiths - waster with weans plastered all over the country

lennon - threatening pregnant bits on the side 

All 3 are media darlings up in Scotland 

31 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Morelos is depicted as some sort of raging lunatic by the press up here. Truth is he is a bit hot headed on the pitch but that is his nature and as frustrating as it can be at times it is who he is and makes him the player he is when firing on all cylinders. He’s not the first person to be so on a football pitch and won’t be the last . 

off the pitch he comes across as a very considerate person whose upbringing and background is very important to him and does tremendous Charity work for impoverished areas back in his home country . 

As opposed to some of the “cheeky chappies “ we have had from parkhead over the years who off the field as well as on it are just general arseholes 

di cannio - facist 

Griffiths - waster with weans plastered all over the country

lennon - threatening pregnant bits on the side 

All 3 are media darlings up in Scotland 

...and there we have it!     Scotland 2021

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Like with his "stamp" everyone's missing the point.

No one saying he's an Angel what we're saying is he's given undue attention compared to his peers.

Just like no one is saying they are genuinely offended by Welsh again its the double standard in dealing with the type of language and rhetoric Welsh used.

I was offended by Welch, not by what he said, but the way he said it and the smugness/arrogance, he genuinely enjoyed his comment.

It's the intent, not the words,  of the remark, and the thought behind it from a man skilled in using words effectively in social situations that shows a genuine amount of hatred to someone who he does not even know. 

This is not a wee insecure idiot with a low intellect thinking he is "funny" or "tough", we all have experience of those. This is a very intelligent man who is a craftsman  with well chosen words who fully understands the effect. 

A poor show by the co-presenters too, sometimes folk will laugh at a "joke" or comment before understanding the full significance, it's a natural human reaction, but they are experienced and skilled in these situations and should have controlled themselves and their reaction in a much more professional manner. 

Archived