Rangers Media/Follow Follow

Gazza1872

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

who the fuck is suggesting YNWA to be sung at ibrox??

Firstly - it's not a taig song, it's a liverpool song that the taigs decided to rip off.

Secondly - and most important - we're not Liverpool thank fuck and have our own songs. 

I didn't suggest it but said I'd go along with it if everyone was in favour of it as a tribute to Gerrard and to wind up them.

I called it wrong though.

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I didn't suggest it but said I'd go along with it if everyone was in favour of it as a tribute to Gerrard and to wind up them.

I called it wrong though.

how the fuck is that a tribute? He's had his liverpool days, he's with us now and any tribute should be Rangers related. 

Don't recall anyone wanting Dundee Utd songs sang for Walter Smith FFS. 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

how the fuck is that a tribute? He's had his liverpool days, he's with us now and any tribute should be Rangers related. 

I was wrong mate, I'm not going to try and debate why it would be a good idea for us to do it.

I read it earlier on in the thread having not come across it before, thought initially I wasn't really arsed either way about it but would go along with it if it happened.

Still not really arsed either way but after seeing the posts since on why it'd be ridiculous for us to do it I think they're right.

The Admin on FF is a regime Kim Jong Un would be proud of lost count of the amount of reincarnations I had on there due to being banned for having a different view from the consensus. There was a good thread on FF about the CSA at CBC tbf does RM have a similar thread?

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

Why the fuck are you ignoring the fact we were shite today? I’m on here like most normal fans to discuss today’s game not to get some moron telling me the fucking obvious.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

Are you and the other prick joined at the hip.

This is why here is better 

8 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

While we are singing YNWA why don't we drop singing fathers advice and start singing fields of Athenry. 😂

Just go the full hog and give directors boxes to rod Stewart and a couple of priests while we're at it. Replace Broxi with wee jay in a leprechaun suit.

4 hours ago, Dadobear said:

The Admin on FF is a regime Kim Jong Un would be proud of lost count of the amount of reincarnations I had on there due to being banned for having a different view from the consensus. There was a good thread on FF about the CSA at CBC tbf does RM have a similar thread?

Its in general sports section.

I got banned from FF in 2012 as some prick disagreed with a reply  I said in a post.N

Next minute a whole lot of their clique were calling me a fenian and and a Timmy spy, needless to say I take that shite from no one and gave it back.

Result... Lifetime ban! So FF can go fuck themselves.

On 03/02/2021 at 09:18, tannerall said:

The difference between RM and FF is that apparently there is a "You'll Never Walk Alone" thread on FF that has got to the stage of being taken seriously, and apparently folk who complain about the thread are getting banned.

Says it all. 

What’s wrong with the Liverpool anthem? 😀

58 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

What’s wrong with the Liverpool anthem? 

Nothing at all, it's a great tune.

It's taken from the film musical  Carousel in 1945, there's a few other great tunes in there too. Most of the famous singers covered it, Sinatra, Garland, Presley, Cash and many others. 

Apparently it was then sung by Manchester United fans after the 1958 Munich Air Disaster as an appropriate anthem,

In 1963 Gerry and The Pacemakers, a Liverpool band made the most successful cover. Liverpool achnowledge that it was not sung at Anfield before this release. Liverpool fans adopted it after the success of Gerry and the Pacemakers.

cellic fans began singing it much, much later for unknown reasons, but it is fair to say that cellic traditionally steal more things than the average scouser, including many football songs, youth players innocence and covid titles. 

Apparently it is also Andy Goram and Andy Goram's favourite song. 

In 2021 Rangers fans on FF suggested it should be sung as a tribute to Liverpudlian manager Steve Gerrard in recognition of his contribution to Rangers capturing a landmark 55th Scottish league title.

Rangers fans who were posters on RM, and a lot more savvy then suggested this was ill advised, was taking the piss, or was just well weird.

It is possible that the bloke who runs FF may be doing this as a scam to enable recordings of Rangers fans singing the song to reach a chart position in which case he might make some bucks from record sales and import fake Rangers jerseys with "You'll Never Walk Alone" on the back. 

Who knows.

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Nothing at all, it's a great tune.

It's taken from the film musical  Carousel in 1945, there's a few other great tunes in there too. Most of the famous singers covered it, Sinatra, Garland, Presley, Cash and many others. 

Apparently it was then sung by Manchester United fans after the 1958 Munich Air Disaster as an appropriate anthem,

In 1963 Gerry and The Pacemakers, a Liverpool band made the most successful cover. Liverpool achnowledge that it was not sung at Anfield before this release. Liverpool fans adopted it after the success of Gerry and the Pacemakers.

cellic fans began singing it much, much later for unknown reasons, but it is fair to say that cellic traditionally steal more things than the average scouser, including many football songs, youth players innocence and covid titles. 

Some may have also suggested it is also Andy Goram and Andy Goram's favourite song. 

Sound la

2 hours ago, Jack C said:

I got banned from FF in 2012 as some prick disagreed with a reply  I said in a post.N

Next minute a whole lot of their clique were calling me a fenian and and a Timmy spy, needless to say I take that shite from no one and gave it back.

There is a clique on here that you will have to be wary of 

No fooling us jack catholic 

Disgraceful calling you a fenian. Fenian is usually spelt with a capital.

Archived