John Fleck

MacBoyd

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another EPL side will probably buy him this summer for a fee we couldn’t afford. His current contract runs until 2023 so they’ll either match that or give him a contract until 2024 or 2025. I think there’s every chance he’ll come up here on a free to finish his career when that contract expires. 

I proper don't get this. We regularly see the argument on here that a 20m player has to be paid as such to be a 20m player (or another example, Kamara, in order to be a 10m player we have to pay him wages that show he is a 10m player) 

Yet John Fleck is on about 8k a week according to a couple of sources, and Sheffield Utd would be able to command 20m for him. How tf does that work? Wage structure or not its a bit of a piss take

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

I proper don't get this. We regularly see the argument on here that a 20m player has to be paid as such to be a 20m player (or another example, Kamara, in order to be a 10m player we have to pay him wages that show he is a 10m player) 

Yet John Fleck is on about 8k a week according to a couple of sources, and Sheffield Utd would be able to command 20m for him. How tf does that work? Wage structure or not its a bit of a piss take

Epl player , Epl prices. Shite but the way it is unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

Why did he leave us? I cannot remember the situation at all. Only thing I remember about him in a Rangers jersey is a game at Hampden when he passed it to McCulloch and hit him in the balls😂

Did he not have a bit of an attitude problem and McCoist went through him? Ironic I know when years later he was getting his arse out at training for players to hit balls at but I digress...

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

I’d guess they have a very rewarding bonus system.  

10 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

I’d guess they have a very rewarding bonus system.  

Not so sure on that tbh, why there is some discontent from other players (like Lundstrum who we were linked with) Its definitely a well respected club by the players and staff though and for the most part they respect the rules the club has in place financially.

59 minutes ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

Why did he leave us? I cannot remember the situation at all. Only thing I remember about him in a Rangers jersey is a game at Hampden when he passed it to McCulloch and hit him in the balls😂

From memory he had a bit of an attitude and wasn’t surrounding himself with good people. Didn’t really kick on to be ‘the next Rooney’ and then had a fallout with McCoist. 

Getting away from Glasgow looks like it did him the world of good.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

From memory he had a bit of an attitude and wasn’t surrounding himself with good people. Didn’t really kick on to be ‘the next Rooney’ and then had a fallout with McCoist. 

Getting away from Glasgow looks like it did him the world of good.

Used to hang about Possil.

You ever see him in the Brothers @RfcSevco?

Archived