Mid-tier LED Advertising system.

Apparently work has commenced at Ibrox on the installation of the new mid-tier LED Advertising system for the Copland, Sandy Jardine, Broomloan and The Club Deck in the Main Stand.

This will take a couple of weeks due to additional steelwork needing to be fitted to support these new screens.

(I would presume it would be the same company who run the pitch-side screens and main screens in corners currently.)

Just to give an idea, but we are only getting one set - across all the stands. - I have no idea if Adi.tv are the ones installing the system either.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TOMKET TIRES Likes this.

Ok, thank you for letting us know.

Look, the ball is flying through the air, big Goldson has his eye on it (upwards) suddenly an advert for a Cadbury whispa is launched on the boards and boom big Goldson thinks “ fuck me I could go one

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

Apparently work has commenced at Ibrox on the installation of the new mid-tier LED Advertising system for the Copland, Sandy Jardine, Broomloan and The Club Deck in the Main Stand.

This will take a couple of weeks due to additional steelwork needing to be fitted to support these new screens.

(I would presume it would be the same company who run the pitch-side screens and main screens in corners currently.)

Just to give an idea, but we are only getting one set - across all the stands. - I have no idea if Adi.tv are the ones installing the system either.

Need to get my eyes tested ffs, Thought we were getting Aldi TV for a minute there 😂

Almacger, tannerall and qwerty like this

Love this addition - I know our stadium is all about tradition and not tinkering too much (rightly so) but I really enjoy when you get splashes of modern elements like this. 

Would be good if it incorporates the scorelines, goalscorers as well as adverts instead of solely just the latter. The big screens are too dated and of poor quality now so switching to this setup would be decent. 

It’s as distracting as fuck playing football with all that shite flipping about you in the distance. Found it hard enough watching and those pitch side adverts annoying me. 

anything that gets in the way of players concentrating should be chucked to fuck.  

don’t like it. 

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s as distracting as fuck playing football with all that shite flipping about you in the distance. Found it hard enough watching and those pitch side adverts annoying me. 

anything that gets in the way of players concentrating should be chucked to fuck.  

don’t like it. 

It allows for multiple advertising around the stadium & maximises revenue

1 minute ago, Ace said:

It allows for multiple advertising around the stadium & maximises revenue

The system could potentially pay for itself in s few months!

I personally think it is a good addition, James Bisgrove obviously pushed for this as part of the Digital Transformation plan.

This is kinda cool and would make sense having something similar! (means you could show different adverts to different markets.)

1 hour ago, JMac_88 said:

The system could potentially pay for itself in s few months!

I personally think it is a good addition, James Bisgrove obviously pushed for this as part of the Digital Transformation plan.

This is kinda cool and would make sense having something similar! (means you could show different adverts to different markets.)

Wow, didnt know that. Seriously impressive.

2 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Looks decent, hope it comes with wi-fi. 

Sky WIFI was announced to be getting installed in August last year as part of the digital transformation plan, which i now believe has been installed.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/article/Rangers-announce-new-ibrox-digital-partnerships/oyUdjjrejvroo7Mh2bMBX

Amokachi likes this
1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

All for this, but I think it may look a bit odd on the Club Deck. Always thought advertising on there doesn't quite look right contrasted with the decorative work on the Main Stand below.

Yeah i see your point, i guess we will need to trust the club on this one, hopefully it looks decent!

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Hope the Sky WIFI is better than the one in my house!

:lol:, Thinking back to the previous WIFI system in IBROX, surely it has to be better than that especially if SKY are attaching their name to it.

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

don’t like it. 

I'm not sure it would affect the players , but you might be right for the supporters at the game . 

I remember when we were away to c....c , when they first had their screens and , for some reason , they incessantly had adverts on it and it was like an annoying flashing light in the corner of your eye . 

Hopefully things have improved since then . 

2 hours ago, Assegai said:

It's a good thing but I'll miss the iconic ironwork on the Main Stand.

45 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

Doubt they will be getting rid of that

Whatever they do i hope it actually looks decent.

Seems a good-thing to have from a Commercial and Marketing sense. Will be able to surely gain-back the initial outlay on this quite quickly i suspect.

More recently came across this article too.

Ibrox Stadium will undergo a digital transformation ahead of the 2017/18 season following a partnership between Rangers Football Club and Eleven Sports Media, the UK’s biggest digital sports network. The new stadium-wide platform, which is the first of its kind in Scottish football, will bring Eleven’s award winning technology to Ibrox.

No idea what happened with this partnership.

https://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/Rangers-to-transform-ibrox-with-new-digital-technology-partnership/

Assegai likes this
On 03/02/2021 at 21:21, Assegai said:

It's a good thing but I'll miss the iconic ironwork on the Main Stand.

They won't be getting rid of the ironwork.

If they do add the electronic advertising to the main stand it will be on the Club Deck where advertising hoardings have been before. Personally I'd rather the left the Bill Struth stand alone and just added them to the other stands.

Assegai likes this