Roofe challenge

Virtuoso

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GOAT said:

He can't the referee dealt with it at the game and booked him.

He can if he is asked and says he didnt see an "exceptional part" of the challenge. He can say he never saw how high the foot planted and how endangering it actually was.

Its bollocks, but there is a get out even if he booked him.

Morelos' ban was borderline justifiable for them because it did differ from some bad challenges that haven't been cited. This was no different or at the very least not as bad as duffys or edwards and if they cite it, it will show complete and obvious bias against us - doubt he will be retrospectively punished.

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Should have gone to specsavers 

Well, maybe you should go also then Jeff because...er...you couldn't see driving home the other night because you've...you don't even wear your glasses in...in...er...TV in case you get...you get slagged off so you just...er..you just stick to Specsavers and I'll do the game. 

First time I've seen that as my stream was all over the place, but Roofe's own reaction the way he punches the ground in frustration looks to me like he's expecting the worst. 

I'm sure all our friends in the media will be pushing the narrative that he's not that kind of player and he was just letting Davidson know he was there... 

Hopefully the fact he was booked is seen to be enough, but I fully expect a fast tracked citing and ban by Friday lunchtime. 

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's never a red card offence.

He's tried to position himself to shield the ball and turn. Caught the player but never intentional. 

He shouldn't be cited but I guess you never know with the authorities here.

Weird thread for me .I can just imagine all the taigs starting threads on their own sites suggesting their players get red cards and bans .Fucking hell man .This place at times 

I don't think he can be cited as the referees saw the challenge a booked him during the game. Unless there is belief there was an intent to injure the player which would be difficult to prove. Usual media will have a great time analysing it to death. He'll feel bad when he watches it back. As poor a tackle as I've seen from one of us for a while though, couldn't complain if he was sent off. It happens sometimes. Poor timing and body position but I don't think malicious. 

The current environment has created a situation where we are all going mental trying to get each other's players cited. We did it with Brown last night, they will do it with Roofe. This is what happens with a process that lacks consistency or transparency and a media that chooses to focus on one side more than another. .  

There's absolutely zero intent in it whatsoever and you've got hoards of they lot jumping on this as if they never got away with an intentional elbow and intentional dive last night.

It's a bad one but not worth the outcry that's sure to follow...

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Weird thread for me .I can just imagine all the taigs starting threads on their own sites suggesting their players get red cards and bans .Fucking hell man .This place at times 

The thread has been started with the intent of debate, which is healthy and I agree with but there are too many i think that try too hard to seem impartial and go way too far the other way and happy to jump to "it's a clear red". It's far from clear and I don't think a red.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

The thread has been started with the intent of debate, which is healthy and I agree with but there are too many i think that try too hard to seem impartial and go way too far the other way and happy to jump to "it's a clear red". It's far from clear and I don't think a red.

The OP is good poster mate but this subject could have been discussed without starting a thread on it .Just my opinion . 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Thought I'd been hyper-linked to Kerrydale ffs

Assuming there's many imposters commenting

Archived