Roofe challenge

Virtuoso

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never seen the game I just had sportsound on in the background and some of them (I think Billy Dodds) reckoned it was intentional. 

It’s a bad challenge, quite possibly a red and could’ve been really bad for the guy but to say that was intentional is wrong.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Hopefully this puts to bed all the conspiracy theories about match officials unfairly punishing us and refereeing us to a different standard.  Had more than our fair share of the rub of the green of late. 

I don’t include the compliance officer in that btw, but that’s a whole different discussion. I’m talking match day decisions. 

We're still well down on wrong results by match officials.

They've then said they didn't see incidents in full / missed an exceptional part of it which has twice led to retrospective action. So effectively would have sent Morelos off twice if they hadn't missed part of the challenge.

And the CO process is integral, its as much part of the potential bias as officials.

Nothing is proven by a couple of decisions refs miss, admit they erred in missing, but the CO swoops in to punish.

25 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Dundee Utd player on Morelos got away with it, quite similar, were both reds but can't be cited surely! Or we are completely re refereeing games

Do any other leagues have this bollocks set up? Never have this drama in England

Correct.The challenge that left Morelos with a hole in his leg. Thats the one that most resembles this. And that one wasnt even a yellow at the time or a red retrospectively.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Mate if you’re going to argue a point either read the post you’re quoting or know the facts. 

morelos didn’t get a yellow last game. 

Stand corrected, obviously I thought he did!

Regardless it will be exactly the same process. The ref will be asked to review the incident and if he stands by his decision it’s finished. If he doesn’t the 3 man panel adjudicate.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're still well down on wrong results by match officials.

They've then said they didn't see incidents in full / missed an exceptional part of it which has twice led to retrospective action. So effectively would have sent Morelos off twice if they hadn't missed part of the challenge.

And the CO process is integral, its as much part of the potential bias as officials.

Nothing is proven by a couple of decisions refs miss, admit they erred in missing, but the CO swoops in to punish.

I’m not getting into a discussion about the CO because I actually think there is more of a discussion to be had there about bias and not being adjudged fairly/the same as every other team. 

fundamentally we should have had three red cards, 2 x Morelos and 1 tonight for Roofe. Would I rather they stayed on the park and worry about the mess that is the CO system later - absolutely. Undeniable SEMA that we’ve benefitted from those matchday decisions going our way. 

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Stand corrected, obviously I thought he did!

Regardless it will be exactly the same process. The ref will be asked to review the incident and if he stands by his decision it’s finished. If he doesn’t the 3 man panel adjudicate.

It’s nowhere near the same process 😂

fucking hell man.

your lucky if there is 5 players to be upgraded to a red from a yellow in the history of Scottish fitbaw. It’s only just became a thing, and it needs to be an absolute glaring mistake 

bed for me, you cunts are aw mental 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

It’s nowhere near the same process 😂

fucking hell man.

your lucky if there is 5 players to be upgraded to a red from a yellow in the history of Scottish fitbaw. It’s only just became a thing, and it needs to be an absolute glaring mistake 

bed for me, you cunts are aw mental 

It’s the same, the referee clearly saw the Morelos incident.

You’re talking about incidents the officials miss, that’s completely different.

Archived