Roofe challenge

Virtuoso

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’m not sure how they’ve come to their decision but let’s remember they work in a team of four, all mic’d up and they communicate. If there was an agenda to impede us - between the team of four there’s enough eyes there to witness a red card incident and put us in a situation where we’d need to play large portions of the game with a man down. Are we saying for all three incidents the referee, and the three other officials, have been unsighted? Come on SEMA!  It doesn’t stack up with the whole notion that we are unfairly treated (by matchday officials). 

The ref has the final decision. On 2 occasions he's admitted he fucked up, and twice its turned to a red. That's incompetence, admitted fault by refs.

On all the occasions we have players injured ie Morelos studded etc, how do you square off the 4 officials miked up then?

I dont really care if folk think there's bias or not. But using these decisions where refs admit fault and the CO takes action is absurd to prove that there's no bias. Yes we wrongly benefitted, but we wouldn't have if they'd seen it, they didn't consviously favour us in any way.

Not saying anything new but the whole compliance issue is a joke. Until the day scottish football ever gets VAR decisions should be made by the referee, the linesman and the 4th offical. 

The whole idea of retrospective punishment for stuff that happens during a game is fucking stupid. If it was actually done properly teams would have half of their squads suspended regularly.

The only reason it should be used for is something unsporting that the officials have missed like spitting or hitting. Anything along those lines that can paint the game in a bad light (hold the laughs at the back).

This Roofe tackle was dealt with by the referee at the time, it was a purely footballing incident and that should be it.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The ref has the final decision. On 2 occasions he's admitted he fucked up, and twice its turned to a red. That's incompetence, admitted fault by refs.

On all the occasions we have players injured ie Morelos studded etc, how do you square off the 4 officials miked up then?

I dont really care if folk think there's bias or not. But using these decisions where refs admit fault and the CO takes action is absurd to prove that there's no bias. Yes we wrongly benefitted, but we wouldn't have if they'd seen it, they didn't consviously favour us in any way.

Regarding the refs I think you’re wrong there mate, an assistant can easily give a decision if a ref is unsure. Especially if they’re better sighted, go and check examples on YouTube where assistant refs are mic’d up and they’ve made the call. You see it all the time on off the ball incidents when the ref is looking the other way but the lino will flag and then they’ll discuss and the card is given.

crazy to think that on all three occasions none of them have been sighted well enough to make the decision. 

1 minute ago, GM63 said:

I suffered watching this with the commentary from the StJ perspective, they banged on about the Roofe incident for all of a few seconds,.

I actually think they were pretty fair all game! Was expecting them to be biased as fuck, but they were fair in every decision. Gave McGregor plenty praise for the save from Conway! 

I thought it was a clear red. He's no meant it, but it doesn't change the fact it's dangerous.

I'd be very surprised if he gets cited for it, it's not violent conduct and it's not simulation, but if they do, it will just show that they make the rules up and can re-referee anything that they don't like arbitrarily.

22 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Not saying anything new but the whole compliance issue is a joke. Until the day scottish football ever gets VAR decisions should be made by the referee, the linesman and the 4th offical. 

The whole idea of retrospective punishment for stuff that happens during a game is fucking stupid. If it was actually done properly teams would have half of their squads suspended regularly.

The only reason it should be used for is something unsporting that the officials have missed like spitting or hitting. Anything along those lines that can paint the game in a bad light (hold the laughs at the back).

This Roofe tackle was dealt with by the referee at the time, it was a purely footballing incident and that should be it.

Spot on

3 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Regarding the refs I think you’re wrong there mate, an assistant can easily give a decision if a ref is unsure. Especially if they’re better sighted, go and check examples on YouTube where assistant refs are mic’d up and they’ve made the call. You see it all the time on off the ball incidents when the ref is looking the other way but the lino will flag and then they’ll discuss and the card is given.

crazy to think that on all three occasions none of them have been sighted well enough to make the decision. 

The ref has the final decision end of. Some refs apparently like advice from the other officials throughout the match. Others only want it seemingly when they're unsure and consult with them. Id imagine if a ref thought he saw an incident well enough, or was closest to it with a fair sightline, then he'd go with his own assessment and decision. 

Its crazy enough nothing. I can give you right now a dozen incidents where Rangers players have blatantly been rightly aggrieved, and none of the 4 officials has intervened to right the refs wrong decision.

3 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Btw @SeparateEntityMyArseif you’re talking incompetence I couldn’t agree more. Also where have you read that the refs have admitted fault? Anything official? I’ve not seen that. 

There undoubtedly is incompetence. And they affect us and all teams both for and against. But games like the Beaton Hivs game seasons back then the Clancy scum away game had decisions heavily stacked against us. Up to you if you think those games or some decisions we see weekly are just down to that. Is Morelos treated fairly by refs, is it just incompetence all the times they penalise him or don't protect him, are others reffed to the same standard?

Its the compliance process.  If the ref has clearly been aware during the game but the issue makess its way to the CO office afterwards then the match ref is consulted whether he saw the incident clearly, in full, or whether he missed an 'exceptional part'. If he admits fault and says he missed an exceptional part it goes to a 3 man ex ref panel who review it and if unanimously agree it deserves red then the automatic ban is offered. That's happened with Morelos twice this season and would be the process with Roofe if now retrospectively punished.

Archived