***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Our strongest team contains two current passengers who are contributing next to nothing, that same strongest team went to motherwell and were honking

Strongest team doesn't guarantee wins, players playing well should form the starting 11 and kent and aribo dont deserve their place at all

Not disagreeing mate. I was meaning Davis and Jack being left on the bench. There’s no need to be resting players in the league now. If they’re tired leave them out of the Europa team. Kent has been a wasted Jersey for weeks but he has good previous on this pitch so maybe that was in the thinking. He should be dropped though and Wright should start against Kilmarnock in my opinion. Listen, we’ve been brilliant this season so not going to be too hard on them. However, the league means everything and I don’t give a fuck how we get it over the line as long as we do it. 

26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So they get less than an hour to impress away to bottom of the league who are fighting to stay up

But Kents been a passenger for months now, but hey, he kicked a ball back in October so alls good, he's undroppable

Not a chance 

When they have been getting 10mins here n there, then get a start n thats the performance they put in.

I think Kent is undroppable because he is trying 

20 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Thing is.. someone who played well last game is not guaranteed to play well in the next. Management can only go on what they see in training. Easy for us to look back and say what they did wrong. 

Kents had one good game in months away to the sheep, aribo has been abysmal since coming back from injury

If management can only go on what they see in training so therefore all our opinions are null and void, then by that note gerrard must have played his strongest team today based on how they trained no? 

When he was here, windass was reportedly one of the best players every training session, but was so inconsistent in games, well same can be said for kent and aribo, they two have been shite for ages now, such an important part of the season we cannot afford passengers

We deserved to get beat off Motherwell recently and Hamilton today.

But we have gained 2 points which could easily have been 0 points.

Fortunate to win at Easter Road and Ibrox last Wednesday v St Johnstone. And it was nip and tuck up at Pittodrie, so I will still take where we are in a million years.

21 points compared to 23 points.

No huge difference tbh.

Still gained 8 points on the filth since the turn of the year.

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

When they have been getting 10mins here n there, then get a start n thats the performance they put in.

I think Kent is undroppable because he is trying 

Trying means fuck all, as I said earlier you could pick 11 fans off this forum who'd try for the club, and we'd do it for free, 

Kent is paid thousands a week, and in the last couple months contributed next to nothing, gerrard is quick to drop guys like kamara, helander, balogun if they play poorly In one game, yet golden boy kent seems to get a pass bacause he in effectively runs about a lot

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

All that’s matters for me 👍

Winning 55 It is all that matters to me as well mate, we have a good lead and we might need it, but if as we should get 6 points from our next 2 home games then that is a huge step forward again.

For me today it was a team picked with the pitch in mind I think and it was the wrong players in midfield, it was only when Jack and later Davies came on that we looked to score and we did. Losing a goal at the very end of injury time was really poor though.

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Trying means fuck all, as I said earlier you could pick 11 fans off this forum who'd try for the club, and we'd do it for free, 

Kent is paid thousands a week, and in the last couple months contributed next to nothing, gerrard is quick to drop guys like kamara, helander, balogun if they play poorly In one game, yet golden boy kent seems to get a pass bacause he in effectively runs about a lot

Stopped reading when you said trying means fuck all 🙈

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

We've scored 1 goal in 5 of the last 7 games.

We fluked a win against the taigs

We scored 2 against 10 men Aberdeen and seen the game out when they pulled 1 back with 10 men

Beat Hibs 1-0, always a tough place to go so fair enough there.

We scored an offside goal against bottom of the table Motherwell to get a draw.

Hammered County

We beat St Johnstone 1-0 with McGregor making a big save 2nd half & they had chances themselves

And we could've easily lost to Hamilton today

Hardly been on fantastic form since the turn of the year.

Dress it up however you want but we are still undefeated this season, and since the turn of the year, and we have put a lot of points on the board during that run.

The performances haven’t been great but we aren’t exactly in bad form either. Teams in bad form can’t buy wins, teams who are on a near 30 odd game unbeaten run in the league, aren’t in bad form.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is all that matters to me as well mate, we have a good lead and we might need it, but if as we should get 6 points from our next 2 home games then that is a huge step forward again.

For me today it was a team picked with the pitch in mind I think and it was the wrong players in midfield, it was only when Jack and later Davies came on that we looked to score and we did. Losing a goal at the very end of injury time was really poor though.

The pitch was obviously a factor in the team selection today. Glad we only have one more league game (Livingson) on an artificial  surface.

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Stopped reading when you said trying means fuck all 🙈

He's got a point though, trying is the bare minimum we should expect from these professional athletes being paid hundreds of thousands a year, meaning there's only so much credit you can get from 'trying'.

1 hour ago, MK Dumfries said:

Why are people trying to down play down the importance of the europa cup? Ffs, a club as big as ours having just one European title in nearly 150 years is not good enough and this season we actually look like we can go all the way. The leagues wrapped up, concentrate on Europe, win that, then win the super cup ,,, bish bash bosh! 

Europe's our future, if we are not successful in Europe we stay buried in the mediocrity of the Scottish league. 

Very important we keep our eye on that as European restructures the competitions in to a league format.

Think most  are still focused on the league as a be all and end all for now, because its been so long coming back, and we had so many disappointments. 

One thing we must not do  is just assume domestic success assures our future success, you see how easy the bheasts screwed that up this season, from heroes to zeroes with their fans, who even when they were strolling Scottish football weren't (quite rightly) happy with European results.

Just now, Bill8972 said:

The pitch was obviously a factor in the team selection today. Glad we only have one more league game (Livingson) on an artificial  surface.

Yes I do think it was, we still should have had the players to win but without Jack or Davies it just shows that our squad is not as strong in the midfield as maybe we think.

I also think most of our players do not like playing on that surface and probably go into the game with a bit of concern subconsciously about it, maybe even a bit of worry about picking up an injury.

As you say hopefully after Livingston that is the last time this year we play on it in the league. 

What I do like about SG is he always tells it as it was,  he’ll defend players when required, but he’ll also not try and bluff us after a poor performance. 
We move on collectively, this time next week I’m confident we’ll all be in a better frame of mind. 
Have a good week bears 🇬🇧

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

It's mental in here. 

People need to understand we aren't winning every game 3 and 4 nothing. That doesn't mean we're in bad form ffs

21 points clear with 10 games to go

Poor form but😂😂😂😂

So you can’t be top of the league but be going through a bad patch? Better just to be in denial I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Winning 55 It is all that matters to me as well mate, we have a good lead and we might need it, but if as we should get 6 points from our next 2 home games then that is a huge step forward again.

Exactly mate. We didn't deserve to win today but losing that goal was fuckin criminal.  Forget all the pish the league is over. We are in a good position but 16 points still required. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

Yes I do think it was, we still should have had the players to win but without Jack or Davies it just shows that our squad is not as strong in the midfield as maybe we think.

I also think most of our players do not like playing on that surface and probably go into the game with a bit of concern subconsciously about it, maybe even a bit of worry about picking up an injury.

As you say hopefully after Livingston that is the last time this year we play on it in the league. 

Don't think we can afford to be without Davis and Jack. They give the positional strength that allows Kamara to play his top game. I dont think Kamara is the same player without either beaide him.

And a trio of Zungu Aribo and Kamara should never be seen again.

16 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

So true .I’m fine within today tbh as long as we win the bigger games coming up .A positive from today .It’s looking more and more likely we could clinch it at bheastville .

Or can the scum now catch us ?🤣🤣🤣

Archived