***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

Basically the team has given up on the high press, given up on closing when losing the ball. The number of times yesterday Hamilton players were allowed to run unopposed with the ball was alarming. It is strikingly similar to post Dubai, lack of tempo, lack of effort, lack of pride.

I would have thought the possibility of winning the title at Scumdome would have been an incentive to push on but maybe it is just us fans would think that.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

24 hours later and I am still in shock over what I witnessed yesterday

Been rotten for weeks, what I can't believe about yesterday, and not for the first time, was they couldn't see the game out, a schoolboy team wouldn't have lost that goal in the last 30 seconds of the game - sick of hearing we'll learn and move on  - they don't learn 

I will accept it as long as we get a huge response v Kilmarnock and Dundee Hibs.

Antwerp -- I hope we do well but would rather have 2 convincing wins from the above.

Yesterday has been in the post.

It's been coming.

We need a huge press of the reset button this week, and go out on Saturday as if we're only 1 point in front of the filth.

38 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Basically the team has given up on the high press, given up on closing when losing the ball. The number of times yesterday Hamilton players were allowed to run unopposed with the ball was alarming. It is strikingly similar to post Dubai, lack of tempo, lack of effort, lack of pride.

I would have thought the possibility of winning the title at Scumdome would have been an incentive to push on but maybe it is just us fans would think that.

I just want us to win it and don't care where mate. The sooner the better but no more fuck ups 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

It will be a mark of our team and their ambitions with regards to how we respond in our next league game. 

let’s hope they want it as bad as us.  

Team has responded well after bad results.

Put 5 past Ross County after the Motherwell draw and went on 14 game winning run after hibs draw. 

I'm expecting a response come the weekend. If any of our players think the league is won then a pissed off Gerrard and McGregor will get that sorted after yesterday. 

3 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Still fuckin raging with that terrible performance and result yesterday. 

No Raging just disappointed with the fact we need wait 6 days to get it out my system. Kilmarnock and Dundee United are both must wins just to calm everyone one down 

4 hours ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Myself and fellow Bear were working during this and had to listen on iPhone BBC patchy listening at best, the amount of Rangers players who weren’t mentioned was quite alarming.

Form has fell off a cliff.

Was there any decent play ?

were they hiding ?

think the jobs done ?

don’t have the motivation ?

Should not be struggling like this it’s far too important 

You'd think by these types of posts we had our full strength team out.

4 hours ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Myself and fellow Bear were working during this and had to listen on iPhone BBC patchy listening at best, the amount of Rangers players who weren’t mentioned was quite alarming.

Form has fell off a cliff.

Was there any decent play ?

were they hiding ?

think the jobs done ?

don’t have the motivation ?

Should not be struggling like this it’s far too important 

spacer.png

Whats frustrating for me is when we went ahead Hamilton looked open in defence, We had plenty of chances to kill it and fucked every one of them then the last couple of minutes we just wanted to pass it around their box without actually trying to score trying to camp out a 1 nil lead is too risky need to take our chances and put games to bed we've had too many nervy 1 nils recently.

Just to watched their goal back for the first time. 

Tav goes to meet the guy on the half way, don't think he's needed to be that high. 

The thing I've just noticed though is as the cross is about to come in, Anderson takes a step back and Helander and Goldson both go near post. Just a shitshow of a goal to lose. 

Greggs didn't deserve to lose it but given how good he is, I'd have expected him to get that follow up. 

Hopefully we can get it out of the system when we play Killie.

EDIT - How many of our goals conceded have been the direct result of a cross into the box? 

19 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Just to watched their goal back for the first time. 

Tav goes to meet the guy on the half way, don't think he's needed to be that high. 

The thing I've just noticed though is as the cross is about to come in, Anderson takes a step back and Helander and Goldson both go near post. Just a shitshow of a goal to lose. 

Greggs didn't deserve to lose it but given how good he is, I'd have expected him to get that follow up. 

Hopefully we can get it out of the system when we play Killie.

EDIT - How many of our goals conceded have been the direct result of a cross into the box? 

I watched it earlier and was thinking the same thing what were Goldson and Helander doing they both run straight towards goal and leave the guy totally unmarked in the middle of the box makes no sense if one of them just stayed on him and put him off a bit the goal could have been prevented.

Yeah Greegs makes the save but kind of pushes it to the Hamilton player. Parried anywhere else was safe as he got two hands to it.  I think he may be a little bit disappointed with that one. It was freaky in the last seconds of the game. He carries no blame of course with the game he had.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2021 at 14:21, MattyBlue said:

Honestly think we should hit some form again when European football starts again soon, think it makes us raise our game to our full ability playing in that competition and we can carry that form into domestic games.

Fully believe that’s why we’ve slumped in the league since last playing European games 

Good prediction m8

Archived