***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He doesnt need them but having a shite player in Zungu next to you cant be easy

Zungu the new whipping boy 

Lads not done much wrong fs one loose pass I can remember apart from that he’s tidy enough in his role. Not done much going forward but nobody else has.

Just now, RDB14 said:

Zungu has been shite man.  A defensive midfielder at Rangers needs to do more than just lay it off to an open player, he isn't a centre back.  He has space in front of him to drive forward into or to pass around their press.  He just seems to lack intensity in his play and wants too long on the ball.  

He's here to try and win a permanent contract but he's doing himself no favours at all. Plays like he's in a possession training session with no intensity or purpose.

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

5 or 6 games teams have tried the high press but we still insist on playing out from the back. just don't get it

Yes because that's what we do. Need the midfield to get a grip and control the game. Kamara and zungu especially have been awful 

4 minutes ago, Bannockbear said:

Shouldn't be resting anybody until league is done, strongest team out every league game. 

It's that sort of thinking which is the reason why have a striker with only three starts leading our attack today, injuries and suspensions  will happen throughout  a season.

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

A game against Hamilton on this pitch probably isn't ideal for a player just back from injury. 

I am maybe being overly harsh but we shouldn't be taking liberties and being picky.  If he gets injured again then we have Itten as back up and Morelos about to come back.  We need to be going out to win games with our best players right now until things are won.  The only thinking I can see is that he is being rested for the next 2 arguably more difficult games coming up on Thursday and the weekend.

1 minute ago, Bannockbear said:

Only need to look at what happened last time zungu, aribo and kamara were in midfield 

So far I've failed to see what Zungu was brought in for. I find him slow, not seen him use his height much against a team that plays long high balls all over the park. Hope he does a long ranger or something to show what he is good for.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Eh? He can't take the ball from defence, fight for the second ball or turn when he gets it because Zungu is pish? No having that. Put Davis or Jack in Kamara's place and they boss it. 

Hamilton are pressing us in & we've basically played that half with 2 midfielders

Agree that Kamara has to try & do a bit more but the idea that he needs Davis/Jack in there with him to play well is miles off 

1 minute ago, GaryMc said:

He's here to try and win a permanent contract but he's doing himself no favours at all. Plays like he's in a possession training session with no intensity or purpose.

Agree. He’s not untidy but in games like today being tidy in possession is not enough. We need the midfielders to lift the their heads and drive forwards with more intensity and purpose. Hamilton will be more than happy if we are stoking the ball around without any end product. 

Archived