***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

As somebody said above today should've been a fucking stick on 3 points

It's not a bad day though, it's a bad run of form where we've rode or luck big time to come away with 3 points in the games we have

A bad run of form...that see's as top of the form table...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pish today but managed to pick up a point. 

10 games to go and we are at worst 15 points clear. 

2 home games in a row coming up. I think Gerrard will make sure the starting line ups are as strong as possible for these. 

Everyone on here will be understandably gutted but let’s not get the sharks out just yet.  

Just now, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Feel a bit better after listening to Gerrard. He’ll learn from this one and at least now he knows who he can trust from here on in.

Said the same after the St Mirren league cup game. He started pretty much the same team today. Full of shit.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

No cunts hoping it'll happen

I'm just not out waiving the flags with 10 games left when we've been shit for weeks.

15 points clear if they win games in hand. We only need another 4 or 5 wins it's done 

8 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Not really hindsight, most on here said before the game it was the wrong midfield and it cost us 2 points. Every league game you  have to start with youre  strongest possible 11. Simple as that.

Our strongest 11, what is that at this moment in time, because barring 3 or 4 small glimpses since new year, kent and aribo would be nowhere near our strongest 11, infact the worst part of the team today was the attacking side of it, all guys who regularly play

Just now, Ivybank said:

At least Gerrard admitted he made an arse of it ,with jack and Davis not starting

we can only play our strongest team in every game

he’ll know now they players aren’t good enough

Said the same previously. Hasn't learned or forgets easily.

34 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Sloppy as fuck from start to finish. Obviously thought all they had to do was show up. Lack of effort from Kent, Barisic etc. 

wasn’t a lack of effort Kent didn’t stop running all day, lack of quality yes. We need to be way more clinical!! 

All these people talking about us being in a bad run of form are mental.

We’ve drawn two games - which is frustrating - but we have still beat celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs (which were all huge games) in the past six weeks.

With the way people are talking about us being in “bad form” you would think we had lost 4 of the last 5.

6 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Honestly think we should hit some form again when European football starts again soon, think it makes us raise our game to our full ability playing in that competition and we can carry that form into domestic games.

Fully believe that’s why we’ve slumped in the league since last playing European games 

Good shout, were better when were playing twice weekly, i thought we would benefit from the rest in between games, but seem to be rusty as fuck when theres a 7 day gap.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Harsh it may be but I would give Tav a rest. Not been himself recently.

Zungu for me goes back to France. Not the required standard.

Not harsh at all. Could've accepted him being dropped weeks ago. Being well off form in his position cripples the team.

Zungu can go back now. Waste of time getting his training kit ready.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

As somebody said above today should've been a fucking stick on 3 points

It's not a bad day though, it's a bad run of form where we've rode or luck big time to come away with 3 points in the games we have

Defenders defending  well and Goalkeepers saving shots isn’t luck it’s what they are paid for.

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

Yes we have been off it for a few weeks but it’s not just us.

Did you miss the fact the scum have dropped 12 points in 5 weeks?

They have a hard run this month so let’s wait and see how things look then

I've got no interest and don't give a fuck about what they're doing and surprised a Rangers fan talking about the games they've got 

11 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

Regarding the team selection chat, if you can't trust the 2 or 3 players to come into the starting line up against bottom of the league Hamilton when can you?

That said I wouldn't have started Zungu either, but we should be able to rotate players and still expect a decent standard. The fact is even our 1st 11 have been giving us 6 or 7 out of 10s since the turn of the year, but I'm not sure what Gerrard can do to change it.

The problem is, personality and drive is huge in a team. I like Kamara but I’m far from his biggest fan as I still don’t believe, despite his talent, that he truly has a real will and drive to win. He can look great next to a Davis or a Jack, but he’s not a leader in midfield.

And Zungu seems to be exactly the same, only he’s not even as good as Kamara.

We need the likes of a Jack, Davis or, when he’s fit, Arfield (ideally, all 3) in there every game.

But Kamara and Zungu starting, plus Aribo and Hagi gave me the absolute fear before the game.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Said the same after the St Mirren league cup game. He started pretty much the same team today. Full of shit.

Suppose aye. He’s maybe put that St Mirren game down to just a bad day at the office. After watching that today again though he should be in no doubt who he can rely on for the run-in. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Because Hamilton usually give us a game when we play them there.

Personally I felt it would be a tough game, I was just pointing out why some on here would think we would win by a few goals

8 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Defenders defending  well and Goalkeepers saving shots isn’t luck it’s what they are paid for.

Bring back a top goal keeper but we're lucky when that goal keeper does the job we brought him back for. Nae bother. 

Archived