***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They definitely upped their game today. They actually had more shots on target today (7) than any other team has against us all season. Our last game against them they didn't have one shot on goal!

Just glad we are now at home for a couple of games but the main concern is we areĀ missing Morelos and could also be missing Roofe and Defoe.

Was feckin raging about 10 mins ago but as previous post said only need 4 or 5 wins and next two at home that puts it in perspective we have come so far and if we were told we would not have lost in league by February we would have probably laughed at you , yes shite today and not the best past few game but need to look at the overall season

8 minutes ago, Redemption80 said:

Ā 

We are though, with the exception of the Ross County game 2021 has been a tough watch.Ā 

It's been easier to accept because laughing at them has been a distraction, but let's not get complacent.Ā 

Well said. Itā€™s an uncomfortable truth for many but if it hadnā€™t been for the omnishambles over at Sharkhead, weā€™d be drawing much more attention to the fact weā€™ve been off our game for a while.

Winning ugly is great and is needed to win a league, but playing form does need to improve at some point. And ever since Dundee Utd pre-Christmas, weā€™ve played poorly, a lot.

Just now, Ivybank said:

Where are the goals coming from next week without Morelos and roofe(we all know heā€™ll get banned)

That's my fear too mate. After 28 games weĀ are in a good position but it's the next 10 games that fuckin matter and nothing is wonĀ 

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Imagine any other player in our squad saying this? Nah me neither. Shitebags the lot of them.

Shagger 100% spot on. Take nothing for granted until the seasonā€™s finished, no matter the gap. Full concentration for the full 90*Ā is paramount, one game at a time.

*Edit: Make that the full 94 in todayā€™s case.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

We aren't in bad form, it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest we are

We've dropped 4 points in a month against bottom 6 teams, how is that good?Ā 

I'm not saying it's panic stations, but you don't get improvements by ignoring that things haven't been as good as they were last year.Ā 

I don't think today was anything to do with bottle or lack of composure etc.Ā  We started with Zungu and Itten... I think everyone knows they are not our first choice players in 2 key positions.Ā  As soon as Jack, Davis and Roofe were on then we started dominating.Ā  Sure they scored but the shape of the game totally changed.Ā  Itten still developing and learning but Zungu simply isn't good enough.

People need to calm the fuck down, the chances of a Terry Munro resurrection are slim to none.

We were always going to have a sticky patch, today was it. Tried tinkering with the team because of suspensions and possible suspensions...it didn't work. Our arse would have to collapse for the rest of the season.

Disappointing performance today but 16 more points and it's ours, no need to panic, even if we stumble across the line, we will get there.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

It's mental in here.Ā 

People need to understand we aren't winning every game 3 and 4 nothing. That doesn't mean we're in bad form ffs

21 points clear with 10 games to go

Poor form butšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I get your point, but it would be nice to see us play well in 2021.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's mental in here.Ā 

People need to understand we aren't winning every game 3 and 4 nothing. That doesn't mean we're in bad form ffs

21 points clear with 10 games to go

Poor form butšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Even if them lot win both their games in hand weā€™d still be in a very good position.Ā 

1 minute ago, Almacger said:

He should have learned from the sameĀ mistake against St. Mirren

I can let Zungu away with one poor performance against an in-form St Mirren. His lack of urgency andĀ desire against bottom of the league Hamilton today is enough for me. Aribo alongside him doesnā€™t help. Be surprised if we see Zungu in a Rangers jersey again tbh.

Pass marks to McGregor and the subs, every other player off it for whatever reason, wrong team selection against an opponent who got in about us.

Disappointing result and performance but move on to next game and get it sorted.

Archived