***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

10 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

He's got a point though, trying is the bare minimum we should expect from these professional athletes being paid hundreds of thousands a year, meaning there's only so much credit you can get from 'trying'.

Trying is the most important thing, and to keep trying and not giving up! Kent keeps trying to do something. With celtic, you see what happens when players stop trying.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eejay the dj said:

So true .I’m fine within today tbh as long as we win the bigger games coming up .A positive from today .It’s looking more and more likely we could clinch it at bheastville .

Or can the scum now catch us ?🤣🤣🤣

I just want it won as soon as possible mate. 

32 minutes ago, Don54 said:

I wonder what some on here would have made of this during our 9 in-a-row era  :hmmm:

1988-89 we had a run of W5 D2 L4

1989-90 we had a run of W2 D3 L3

1990-91 we had a run of W5 D4 L2

1991-92 we had a run of W5 D3 L2

1992-93 we had a run of W2 D2 L1

1993-94 we had a run of W3 D4 L3

1994-95 we had a run of W6 D1 L3

1995-96 we had a run of W2 D3 L0

1996-97 we had a run of W7 D3 L4

You are right about how it was never easy as these tables show, but for me, and old cunt who watched all these games what is different this season is what we have gone though since 2012 and while some of our support might not care about them winning a tainted 10, I still do, and so this season is not like these ones for me. 

This is one that means just so much and winning it will be magnificent. I see  no reason why we should not do it, but still a bit nervous for the reasons I have given above.  :cheers:

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Not only a wake up call for the players today, but for us the fans aswell. Too much gloating been going on (Myself included). Can do all the gloating we want once the title is in the bag. I think we might have needed that wee bite on the arse today.

Reflect and reset.

A wake up call - take the Ross County game out of the equation they've been rotten for weeks now

9 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Exactly mate. We didn't deserve to win today but losing that goal was fuckin criminal.  Forget all the pish the league is over. We are in a good position but 16 points still required. 

IF, as we should, get 6 points over the next 2 home games I think that will give us a good shove towards the line, I just like you cannot take anything for granted, I wish I could but we are all different. 

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Don't think we can afford to be without Davis and Jack. They give the positional strength that allows Kamara to play his top game. I dont think Kamara is the same player without either beaide him.

And a trio of Zungu Aribo and Kamara should never be seen again.

Yes I think that was proven today and after listening to Stevie G I think her knows he made a mistake today, but that was more than likely made because he was concerned about injuries from playing on that pitch.

Anyway we are still on track, just need to steady things and hopefully win the next two home games and then take it from there.

12 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Exactly mate. We didn't deserve to win today but losing that goal was fuckin criminal.  Forget all the pish the league is over. We are in a good position but 16 points still required. 

100% true and it's not the first time this has happened, I keep hearing we'll learn but don't seem to learn how to see games out

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Don't think we can afford to be without Davis and Jack. They give the positional strength that allows Kamara to play his top game. I dont think Kamara is the same player without either beaide him.

And a trio of Zungu Aribo and Kamara should never be seen again.

Zungu, Aribo and Kamara away at Hamilton. Little wonder we dropped points 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Its a bit eye opening some of these posts today. 21 points clear, 4 of our best players out of the starting 11 today and we still only drew because we shot ourselves in the foot. 

3 of those 4 will be back midweek and it'll be back to normal. 

The topic is about today’s game and there’s no point glossing over the fact we were shite.who are we playing midweek? You criticise other posts then come out with this howler.

13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

So true .I’m fine within today tbh as long as we win the bigger games coming up .A positive from today .It’s looking more and more likely we could clinch it at bheastville .

Or can the scum now catch us ?🤣🤣🤣

For me it is all about winning 55 and stopping the tainted 10, where we do it does not concern me mate, if it was done at their midden then all the better but that is secondary for me. :thumbup:

Just now, Dickie said:

The topic is about today’s game and there’s no point glossing over the fact we were shite.who are we playing midweek? You criticise other posts then come out with this howler.

I never glossed over it, anywhere. Playing no cunt midweek, point to you. What's the problem with the post? 

Looking through the pile of shite comments on here. 

Obviously many fans didn't live through the crap years when we didn't even LOOK like winning anything. 

Some on here even suggesting that SG "should have learned from the St midden game" or "has his undroppables". And calling our players "shite bags" is an absolute no no in my book. 

What a heap of steaming shite some talk. 

Wish I had £1 for every time I watched a game in the Sir Walter era and came away thinking, that was boring and really poor but we got a decent result. Today was one of them. 

We won't find out what some players can do till we give them minutes. 

Itten and Zungu didn't do enough to be starters. 

The only starter who gets pass marks for me is AMcG who was outstanding. 

Huge difference when Davis and Jack came on but the defence let us down in the last minute. 

Time to calm down and enjoy getting a point closer. 

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

IF, as we should, get 6 points over the next 2 home games I think that will give us a good shove towards the line, I just like you cannot take anything for granted, I wish I could but we are all different. 

Morelos and Roofe (I think) will be missing from the Killie game so Im hoping Defoe will be fit. Whilst Killie are pish I'm expecting another struggle...and my bottle to fuckin crash again !!! 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

SG should have learned from the St Mirren game imo.

He should have but that team should of been good enough to see out the game. Especially from a winning position tav should of just fouled the Hamilton player on the halfway line looking back now. 

If he can't Davis should take the card and foul the player in the rb position. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

He should have but that team should of been good enough to see out the game. Especially from a winning position tav should of just fouled the Hamilton player on the halfway line looking back now. 

If he can't Davis should take the card and foul the player in the rb position. 

Tav shouldn't have been on the halfway line he should have been in his defensive position - we were stealing 3 points and fuckin blew it by not seeing the game out again   

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Morelos and Roofe (I think) will be missing from the Killie game so Im hoping Defoe will be fit. Whilst Killie are pish I'm expecting another struggle...and my bottle to fuckin crash again !!! 

That's why I want the points gap as big as possible before the winning line is within sight. It took Liverpool 3 or 4 games to get it done despite having a huge gap. 

Archived