***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Don54 said:

I went through most of primary school and all of high school without seeing us win a title mate, I get what you're saying about this season, this one will mean more than any of the others for me. I was just highlighting that even when were dominating the league we had far worse spells than we've witnessed this season.

Agree with all that, it just seems different to me this season and hopefully in a few weeks we will all be delighted.  :thumbup:

I've had a few hours to calm down. I reckon I'll still be pissed off until the Killie game when we'll hopefully put things right. Nobody should make any excuses for dropping points to Motherwell and Hamilton when they were both bottom of the table. Just hope we can get the 3 points against another struggling team next weekend and prevent any nerves setting in 

1 hour ago, BlueEdu said:

So true mate, says a lot about how much of a fairytale season this has been the reaction from supporters today. Loved Wattie but fuck me he didn’t make it easy 

Think the difference is that walter had individual brilliant players who could win you a game on their own no matter how shite, mendes, jelavic, cousin even, same his first stint, gazza, laudrup, huistra, mikalechenko, guys who even when the whole team was off form, could magic up something and get us over the line

We dont have that nowadays, so either the whole team needs to conjure up something or we struggle badly

Kent and aribo should be they players, but they arent working out right now

47 minutes ago, Madina said:

I've had a few hours to calm down. I reckon I'll still be pissed off until the Killie game when we'll hopefully put things right. Nobody should make any excuses for dropping points to Motherwell and Hamilton when they were both bottom of the table. Just hope we can get the 3 points against another struggling team next weekend and prevent any nerves setting in 

No coincidence these are the 2 games we’ve dropped points in. Attitude was all wrong in both games. Expecting just to turn up and win. That needs to get to fuck ASAP.

Very poor from most of our players today, but hey, this happens, we were lucky to get a point ffs, but losing a goal so late in the game is criminal, Goldson and Helander were miles off their guy when he headed the ball, all it needed was a challenge in the air and the ball would probably have been cleared, but SG made a huge error by having both Jack and Davis on the bench. This season is so important that we cannot afford to mess about with the team selection, might just be the kick up the arse we needed, hopefully we get back on track and get back winning again.

35 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Think the difference is that walter had individual brilliant players who could win you a game on their own no matter how shite, mendes, jelavic, cousin even, same his first stint, gazza, laudrup, huistra, mikalechenko, guys who even when the whole team was off form, could magic up something and get us over the line

We dont have that nowadays, so either the whole team needs to conjure up something or we struggle badly

Kent and aribo should be they players, but they arent working out right now

I think we do. 

We played shite against St Johnston and a moment of brilliance from Hagi won it. 

Played poor against Hivs and Alfredo won it. 

We have the players who can win games and they have shown that over the season. A few games we have failed in which we done FAR more under Walter with those players mentioned above 

4 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Looking forward to having Scotty back available, Any idea how far away he is from returning?

Couple of weeks I think. Gerrard said pre Hibs that he was on schedule and (IIRC) was due to join the first team squad in a couple of weeks time...(meaning next week). He'll be at least a couple of weeks away from match sharp though. 

23 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I think we do. 

We played shite against St Johnston and a moment of brilliance from Hagi won it. 

Played poor against Hivs and Alfredo won it. 

We have the players who can win games and they have shown that over the season. A few games we have failed in which we done FAR more under Walter with those players mentioned above 

Hagi aye, morelos against hibs, that wasnt a moment of individual brilliance, that was a well worked move that required 4 players before morelos to play a part,

Hagi though, as i said in other threads, is the type of player that can turn games like today etc, but gerrard never seems to rely on him for a full game, whereas aribo got 90 and was honking

Archived