Kemar Roofe charged by SFA (2 Match Ban Confirmed)

CooperSF

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

A dive is a dive whether it's a worse one or not. He cheated and won a penalty and deserved to be cited.

Not going to argue and back a taig up lol

However the shit they've let go without citing, to bring that up is pretty bizarre to say the least

24 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He never seen it though apparently...funny that..

The ref saw it and responded to it with a yellow, why then are refs saying they haven't seen something?

• Is it the way CO department are questioning refs that twists what they saw?
  • Are refs being penalized by the CO office if they stand by what they saw?

14 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Not going to argue and back a taig up lol

However the shit they've let go without citing, to bring that up is pretty bizarre to say the least

Apparently because it had a defining effect on the outcome of the game. In real match time it's only a booking so it is strange to pull it up but it is something that needs addressed and eradicated from the game.

Scrap the whole compliance farrago.

It is not comprehensive in coverage ,highly inconsistent in referrals,media highlighted and driven ,selective in focus,secretive,unfair,highly contentious  and is clearly not fit for purpose.

It causes more damage,anger and controversy than it provides clear and just outcomes and transparency.

Get rid of it now.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The ref saw it and responded to it with a yellow, why then are refs saying they haven't seen something?

Personally I think it's just easier for a ref to say they never saw it & let someone else deal with it.

If he comes out and says I saw the tackle clearly and deemed it to be a yellow then he's plastered over the papers the next few days as the reason why Roofe/any other player can't be cited.

The ref's up here are terrible in general however I don't blame them for dealing with it like that, they've watched it happen for years where the media just tear someone to shreds so why even bother putting yourself out there.

1 minute ago, doc holliday said:

It is not comprehensive in coverage ,highly inconsistent in referrals,media highlighted and driven ,selective in focus,secretive,unfair,highly contentious  and not fit for purpose.It causes more damage,anger and controversy than it provides clear and just outcomes.

Get rid of it now.

Agreed, for what it's cost to set up and support the CO office they could have installed VAR. 

3 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

It is not comprehensive in coverage ,highly inconsistent in referrals,media highlighted and driven ,selective in focus,secretive,unfair,highly contentious  and is clearly not fit for purpose.

It causes more damage,anger and controversy than it provides clear and just outcomes and transparency.

Get rid of it now.

We could implement a compliance system for the compliance system to make sure it's complying and consistent.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Personally I think it's just easier for a ref to say they never saw it & let someone else deal with it.

If he comes out and says I saw the tackle clearly and deemed it to be a yellow then he's plastered over the papers the next few days as the reason why Roofe/any other player can't be cited.

The ref's up here are terrible in general however I don't blame them for dealing with it like that, they've watched it happen for years where the media just tear someone to shreds so why even bother putting yourself out there.

I think if match day reports and the reason behind some of the decision were made public record then this would go some way to stopping the media from targeting refs.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

I think if match day reports and the reason behind some of the decision were made public record then this would go some way to stopping the media from targeting refs.

Actually a good idea, be surprised if it ever happens though as it's too logical 

Don't think we're far away from the ref's banding together again and going against the authorities, especially if they keep trying to re-ref the game as much as they are at the moment. 

As I said before (and others have also) I don't even think it's blatant cheating anymore, I just don't think they're very good at their job. To be perfectly honest why would you even want to be a ref up here these days, especially in charge of ours/the taigs games, the fallout from any bad decision they make can't be worth the money they get for it.

25 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

because they see an incident, one time and in real time and most often you can pick up other parts you missed during a review which will consist of slowing down and scrolling the footage back and forward just like VAR. I can’t see a ref speaking out against a CO decision as they’ll just get black balled

16 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Actually a good idea, be surprised if it ever happens though as it's too logical 

Don't think we're far away from the ref's banding together again and going against the authorities, especially if they keep trying to re-ref the game as much as they are at the moment. 

As I said before (and others have also) I don't even think it's blatant cheating anymore, I just don't think they're very good at their job. To be perfectly honest why would you even want to be a ref up here these days, especially in charge of ours/the taigs games, the fallout from any bad decision they make can't be worth the money they get for it.

I think the SFA need to provide more money into the training of refs, the standard of the training system is low if refs across the board are not good at their job.

I do think one, possibly two are cheats but that would be hard to prove. I also thought that the reason behind the cheating was some sort of Tim Donaghy style scam.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

How can stepping on someone be a red, but booting a guy in the ribs not be?

Think we need to be objective and realise that it's not just us getting bad citations from.them and the taigs getting off.

Dundee utd should've had a player cited for an incident last week vs Motherwell and he wasn't.

Now Cole v the taigs and he wasn't.

Its farcical 

9 minutes ago, RfcSevco said:

Think we need to be objective and realise that it's not just us getting bad citations from.them and the taigs getting off.

Dundee utd should've had a player cited for an incident last week vs Motherwell and he wasn't.

Its farcical 

He’s not been charged because bizarrely under the rules of the game what he did doesn’t equate to either violent conduct or serious foul play. It’s why Morelos got his red against Aberdeen for the kick out at McKenna downgraded to a booking.

28 minutes ago, RfcSevco said:

Its farcical 

The fact that their have been only 4 citings this season for late challenges says it all....the fact that 3 of those 4 involve banning Rangers players says it even louder...they couldn't get anymore obvious even if they came out and admitted it

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Apparently because it had a defining effect on the outcome of the game. In real match time it's only a booking so it is strange to pull it up but it is something that needs addressed and eradicated from the game.

He has been cited for the successful deception of a match official where his team has gained an unfair advantage from deceiving the referee. If the referee had punished his dive during the game, he would be given a yellow for attempting to deceive the referee where no sporting advantage was gained.

Ajeti the diver just got cleared.

Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Albian Ajeti, Player, Celtic FC

Thursday 4 February 2021
Player: Albian Ajeti, Celtic FC

Match: Kilmarnock FC v Celtic FC

Date: Tuesday 2 February 2021

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 201: No player shall cause a match official to make an incorrect decision and/or support an error of judgment on the part of a match official by an act of simulation which results in that player’s team obtaining a Substantial Advantage.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13.

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Tuesday 9 February 2021

Outcome: Not proved

Archived