Jump to content

Kemar Roofe charged by SFA (2 Match Ban Confirmed)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope he saves them for Sunday

Absolutely brutal the process after all this: St Johnstone manager says no malice Referee sees the incident and takes action.  Can clearly see Roofe is trying to protect the ball.   

Posted Images

Frustrating that we won't see Roofe for the next games, back from injury, he needs games to find his form back. Very good asset on the right flank, massive blow in my opinion. Even though he has not been very good against Johnstone. 

Bad Robot likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IRed said:

Frustrating that we won't see Roofe for the next games, back from injury, he needs games to find his form back. Very good asset on the right flank, massive blow in my opinion. Even though he has not been very good against Johnstone. 

We need him on the park he's the best striker at the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, YearsofWar said:

He has been cited for the successful deception of a match official where his team has gained an unfair advantage from deceiving the referee. If the referee had punished his dive during the game, he would be given a yellow for attempting to deceive the referee where no sporting advantage was gained.

Yeah I did say something along those lines earlier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

There's a wee pattern appearing here. 

Morelos gets cited, and banned. McGregor gets cited and let off. 

Roofe gets cited and will (more than likely....we know it's coming) be banned. Ajeti gets cited and let off. 

Almost as if they're citing other players at the same time as our players, just to appease us in a small way. 

I predicted this scenario after Morelos was banned. There was that much of an outcry they were always going to pull a celtic player up and then let them off an appeal. Frustrating thing is they could be pulling Brown up AND charging him on a weekly basis! They picked Ajeti just to look as if they were being fair. 
Kimala could have been pulled up too. 
Then theres Main, etc etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

He was always going to be let off and I think that was the intention if I’m being cynical.
 

The citation was stupid and I agree it’s the correct decision. As much as he went down easily he was clearly touched. I don’t agree with players going down like that but it’s unfortunately the way the game is now. It used to be more in overseas players but it’s now just a part of our game and any forwards will say if they are touched in the box they are entitled to go down. For me it was a tit for tat citing to try and “show parity” with our citing but he was always going to get off. Waste of time and quite embarrassing to be honest. 

Sorry but I can’t agree that slight contact justifies simulation.

Are you/TLB/SFA saying that the merest whisper of contact justifies theatrical exaggeration as displayed by Ajeti?

As long as there is any contact whatsoever, there is no such thing as simulation (diving for effect)?

Sadly there seems to be an acceptance that playacting is OK even if the reaction is ridiculous and bears no relation to the “contact”.

Hate to see it, even from Rangers players, and I really wish that collapsing in a heap was still seems as a sign of weakness (or effeminacy - big jessie) not a skill to be practiced.

I do agree, however, that the citation then reprieve were cynical, deliberate steps to pander to the victim/siege mentality across the city.

He was as certain to get off as Roofe is certain to get punished.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Sorry but I can’t agree that slight contact justifies simulation.

Are you/TLB/SFA saying that the merest whisper of contact justifies theatrical exaggeration as displayed by Ajeti?

As long as there is any contact whatsoever, there is no such thing as simulation (diving for effect)?

Sadly there seems to be an acceptance that playacting is OK even if the reaction is ridiculous and bears no relation to the “contact”.

Hate to see it, even from Rangers players, and I really wish that collapsing in a heap was still seems as a sign of weakness (or effeminacy - big jessie) not a skill to be practiced.

I do agree, however, that the citation then reprieve were cynical, deliberate steps to pander to the victim/siege mentality across the city.

He was as certain to get off as Roofe is certain to get punished.

Unfortunately Colin, that is the way of modern football.

 

Look at Sterling and Salah down south - almost every game they go over with as much drama as possible like they’re auditioning for some kind of performing arts class!

The pundits even back them up: “he feels the contact and he goes down” 😡

Bad Robot likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Salah done it on Sunday and got the penalty even with VAR

I agree it's shocking mate with such little contact to fling yourself to the ground like that HOWEVER would you not agree he was pulled back, it's one of those ones where if he doesn't go down he doesn't get the penalty! 

Tough one, IMO it's part of the game now and has been for years. It's not going away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They had an interesting debate on Talksport yesterday where they were saying where there has been contact but still simulation ie going down too dramatically like Salah did for example, why don't they give the penalty and a yellow card for simulation. Food for thought. 

Bad Robot and LythamGer like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

They had an interesting debate on Talksport yesterday where they were saying where there has been contact but still simulation ie going down too dramatically like Salah did for example, why don't they give the penalty and a yellow card for simulation. Food for thought. 

a good idea, won’t stop it but should cut out the theatrics which is ruining the spectacle 

BlueBear9 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CooperSF changed the title to Kemar Roofe charged by SFA (2 Match Ban Confirmed)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...