Kemar Roofe charged by SFA (2 Match Ban Confirmed)

CooperSF

1 hour ago, ExilledWeegie123 said:

for fuck sake!!

I most likely watched that game and cant remember that tackle, that is a career ender if it lands on the knee, a yellow card? ffs honestly this league is corrupt as fuck

That's so blatant absolutely agree it's corrupt 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most telling fact about the incident came from the manager of St.Johnston and the player himself,both citing their belief that "no malice" was intended by Roofe.

Retrospective action should be driven out of the game,the referee calls the shots not Walker and Crocker and amplified by the Scottish rags. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not in this school of thought where people think there is a specific conspiracy against us, my problem lies solely with the lack of consistency in these situations.

There’s also a definite situation where the higher profile clubs, the ones who are on TV and who generate more column inches, are more likely to be punished or pulled up for these sort of incidents than other clubs are purely because more attention and analysis is done on them and that’s no way to either referee or review incidents.

Like somebody else said, had this happened in a Hamilton vs Ross County game it would be shown once in a 30 second sky sports news highlight package be put down as a he got away with one there and would never be spoken of again.

Find a way to review incidents fairly, or bin the system entirely.

Agree with most of that mate.

I would, however, argue that these episodes are very consistent.

We always get pulled up & punished to the full extent.

The vermin almost always get swept under the carpet...

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

In Nov 18 the club received 5 charges for complaining about Collum. Gerrard has called out wrongdoing after is first game and ridiculed. He was then cited for vocally wondering how Morelos would be treated if he'd studded a player instead of being studded. He's called for consistency and seen the CO spring into action whilst others continue to go unpunished. Hes said we're cutting out the public attacks and working hard behind the scenes.

I think we need to understand neither Gerrard nor the club is likely to do more than we are doing. We know we're not treated fairly but publicly condemning sees us and only us punished so its only harming ourselves.

We have a huge position of strength this season, calling it out doesn’t look like sour grapes because of our dominance. Even if they want to keep citing us, we have the squad to deal with it. 

When a man as well connected as Gerrard is talks about these issues it gets widescale UK press, the kind of bad press that the powers that be really don’t want to be on the receiving end of. Missing a trick IMO. 

So far this season in the SPFL there has been 3945 fouls committed, 297 by us and 439 yellow cards, 21 by us.  Out of them only 4 have been charged retrospectively with violent conduct by the compliance officer, 2 x Morelos, 1 x Roofe and 1 x Holt (Livingston). 

It's quite a coincidence that they found three they could charge retrospectively with violent conduct out of 297 fouls committed by us, but only managed to find one out of 3648 fouls committed by the rest of the league put together!

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not in this school of thought where people think there is a specific conspiracy against us, my problem lies solely with the lack of consistency in these situations.

There’s also a definite situation where the higher profile clubs, the ones who are on TV and who generate more column inches, are more likely to be punished or pulled up for these sort of incidents than other clubs are purely because more attention and analysis is done on them and that’s no way to either referee or review incidents.

Like somebody else said, had this happened in a Hamilton vs Ross County game it would be shown once in a 30 second sky sports news highlight package be put down as a he got away with one there and would never be spoken of again.

Find a way to review incidents fairly, or bin the system entirely.

The scum are on the TV as much as us.

AFAIK the only punishments their players have received from the CO process has been for off field incidents, a ball grab by a player about to miss games anyways (Christie) and potentially soon one for diving (Ajeti). 

I can give dozens of incidents TV showed incidents that warranted CO action but none was taken. Weve all seen Brown tackles and elbows and he alone should be in double figures for bans.

How can this be anything other than a wholly biased process?

5 minutes ago, krautrock said:

The most telling fact about the incident came from the manager of St.Johnston and the player himself,both citing their belief that "no malice" was intended by Roofe.

Retrospective action should be driven out of the game,the referee calls the shots not Walker and Crocker and amplified by the Scottish rags. 

to be fair to walker and crocker they were not at this match it was not on tv  though i agree they are a pair of arseholes

It is an industry now, who pays for the goons that sit on panels etc citing this citing that pouring of every non event?

I have been going to football forever and it is only in the last little while this has become an issue, fuckin clowns, Stevie Gerrard has got his wish in consistency only it only applies to us.

19 minutes ago, Bill8972 said:

So far this season in the SPFL there has been 3945 fouls committed, 297 by us and 439 yellow cards, 21 by us.  Out of them only 4 have been charged retrospectively with violent conduct by the compliance officer, 2 x Morelos, 1 x Roofe and 1 x Holt (Livingston). 

It's quite a coincidence that they found three they could charge retrospectively with violent conduct out of 297 fouls committed by us, but only managed to find one out of 3648 fouls committed by the rest of the league put together!

First class post mate .Good research :tu:

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

We have a huge position of strength this season, calling it out doesn’t look like sour grapes because of our dominance. Even if they want to keep citing us, we have the squad to deal with it. 

When a man as well connected as Gerrard is talks about these issues it gets widescale UK press, the kind of bad press that the powers that be really don’t want to be on the receiving end of. Missing a trick IMO. 

Maybe Gerrard wants to remain pitchside not in the stand.

Maybe him getting bans lessens the authority and impact, not great for a guy who demands discipline from everyone at the club.

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Again, it’s not this specific charge that is the problem! 

I appreciate that's not the problem - the point I'm making it looks a terrible tackle and if it was on one of our players there would be no one on here making excuses for the tackle

14 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

It was a bad tackle, end off!

If it was “end off” we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Its not end off if it’s dragged back up through trial by tv when many similar tackles go unpunished.

I fully accept he will get a ban. I don’t accept that others haven’t for equivalent offences 

4 minutes ago, Bill8972 said:

Fucking hell when you see it like that it's incredible 

16 minutes ago, tayside said:

Who can make these complaints as iam sure it was not Saints so who exactly and it's it only for games with TV cameras at it😡😡😡😡😡😡

all games have tv cameras  thats how you get highlights   this game was not on live tv

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Possibly. Dignified silence approach hasn’t done us too many favours in the  past though. Let’s hope he’s getting his point firmly across behind closed doors. 

Can't disagree with that.

I just think we've looked at everything we need to do this season to give us a chance of winning the league.

Not talking about winning it was one. Reactions like his after winning at the tarriers last season is another. Discipline and not giving refs decisions to make had imo been another- we've failed now 3 times and been punished each time. We've not criticised publicly,  only asked for consistency whilst working to get it behind the scenes.

I just think we've taken a very clear, deliberate, strategic approach to how we were going to behave this season. And by and large its worked so I dont see us changing because we as fans want a public attack.

2 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Do they just fast track when they want?  Genuinely haven't a scooby how they process these decisions.

Nobody does mate, including the compliance officer. Trial by TV as far as I can see.

There was no malice in the tackle imo.  Roofe can score wonder goals but is dire at tackling as are most strikers. 

If he is given a red card it will only go to highlight that the system does not work. 

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

If it was “end off” we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Its not end off if it’s dragged back up through trial by tv when many similar tackles go unpunished.

I fully accept he will get a ban. I don’t accept that others haven’t for equivalent offences 

I was talking about the tackle, it was a bad tackle, period!

It's two separate issues. 

Archived