Nae Morelos, nae party

King Jela

Morelos has been shit for the majority of this season, it’s not even debatable. Itten wasn’t great today but still held the ball up better than Morelos has all season. Fact is none of our central strikers have done enough to make the position their own. I’m hoping Roofe could be that man but he hasn’t convinced yet through the middle either.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been poor with Morelos in the team, we've been poor without Morelos in the team.

Roofe has been fantastic all season yet came back from a lengthy spell injured last week and wasn't great and yet there's people banging on about it's a sign that the player who has been carrying our forward line since September isn't as good as the player who's been awful since 2019, who has also lead the line in plenty of poor team performances lately.  

Itten had no service whatsoever today. 

11 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Morelos has been shit for the majority of this season, it’s not even debatable. Itten wasn’t great today but still held the ball up better than Morelos has all season. Fact is none of our central strikers have done enough to make the position their own. I’m hoping Roofe could be that man but he hasn’t convinced yet through the middle either.

It is debatable 

Every season he costs us points at this time. His yellows catch up with him around now like un his first season. Last season he got 2 reds in December. This season 2 compliance officer bans have made us lose him for 5 league games. He's just so unreliable.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Every season he costs us points at this time. His yellows catch up with him around now like un his first season. Last season he got 2 reds in December. This season 2 compliance officer bans have made us lose him for 5 league games. He's just so unreliable.

He’s a liability we simply need to sell him in the summer he just isn’t learning.

18 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

The OP might be correct in which case Morelos should learn to fucking behave / control himself, no good to us sitting in the stand.

I ain't defending his stupidity, far from it. He's the reason he wasn't playing today. 

That doesn't take away that from a football perspective we are worse off without him. 

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Itten may be decent at holding up the ball but he ain't scoring 30 goals a season.

I don't know the answer to Morelos' stupidity but I do know his goals will be very hard to replace.

Neither is Morelos he's scoring rate this season in the league is awful, last season in the league Defoe outscored him as well.

We're better with him in the team, that's not even debateable.

It's keeping him in the team that's the most frustrating for me, with all his antics. 

Just the Killi game, which we'll win, then he's back.

Please no more suspensions Alfie!

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

The guy who’s built the squad 

Our problem today was Davis and Jack sitting on the bench you always go with your strongest team, Morelos was not the problem today as I actually thought Itten did well.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

We're better with him in the team, that's not even debateable.

It's keeping him in the team that's the most frustrating for me, with all his antics. 

Just the Killi game, which we'll win, then he's back.

Please no more suspensions Alfie!

It wouldn't be an issue if we had a plan b. Roofe and Itten don't bring what Morelos brings in a lone striker role, the answer to that isn't to shoehorn them in anyway and hope for the best.

Can understand why he was reluctant to play Roofe and Jack on that pitch today and why he rested Davis. 

Next week there's no reason not to play both him and Itten with Hagi in behind to create, for example. 

Desperately need an answer to this problem. 

6 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

7 goals this season in the league. Laughable sitters every week, can’t pass it 5 yards, suspended at least twice a season. But you console yourself with the fact he might occasionally make space for others.

The problem is Morelos was actually coming onto a bit of form when he ended up missing three games it's just daft anyone defending him now as his actions are letting the team down.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He needs to be sold in July.

He can't be relied on and the coaching staff can't seem to get the team to adapt to a different striker other than him when he's out. Better to adapt to someone we know is not going to get 3 week suspensions for being a moron.

Agree 100%. He is unfit to wear the jersey, so move him on and improve the team. We need stability, reliability and integrity. Unfortunately despite his goals, Morelos has not learned and still behaves like a huffy wee ned.

1 minute ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

7 goals this season in the league. Laughable sitters every week, can’t pass it 5 yards, suspended at least twice a season. But you console yourself with the fact he might occasionally make space for others.

Console myself? I'm fine. In fact I'm that fine I didn't have to flat out lie with the taig patter 'laughable sitters every week' to make my point. 

Did you even see me anywhere saying Morelos has been brilliant this season? 

My point is that we're worse off wothout him in the team, no that he's exceptional. 

Archived