Nae Morelos, nae party

King Jela

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, King Jela said:

The context of last year? Eh? 

No argument about it. Its Kent by a mile. 

Again, no argument. 

Who I said other than maybe Kent.

So you're agreeing that he's the second weakest link in the team? Or are you going to tell me which of the players I mentioned he has been better than? 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

'Missing laughable sitters every week' 

Maybe those ones ARE tarriers? :innocent:

You can’t take one of them seriously when they say Morelos scored 1 at Aberdeen and missed chances when in fact he scored 2 and was probably our best player.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Roofe is a great team player but Hibs at home, St Johnstone on Wed and even today show he’s not a number 9.

He was poor at St J but I still think he should have started along with many others who were on the bench.

I think Morelos has went backwards this year. I’ve been watching footage of last years Europa League and there’s no comparison to the player we’re watching this season. He looks a couple of yards slower and unfortunately still has too many brain farts when noised up by defenders. I’m hoping he comes back from his ban and helps to get us over the line because I think he owes us that. 

Just now, Broxi said:

Who I said other than maybe Kent.

So you're agreeing that he's the second weakest link in the team? Or are you going to tell me which of the players I mentioned he has been better than? 

Naw, Kent's been the worse 'big player' this season by a mile. No question about it for me. He's verging on Brandon Barker levels of shite and I'm deadly serious. 

In our strongest 11, aside from Kent, we don't have a weak link. Morelos hasn't been firing like last season, no question about it, he isn't even particularly great with the ball at his feet either, although I do think he's gotten better, but there is a clear and massive difference to the team when he's playing and when he's not. 

You can throw all the stats you want at me but I can see it with my own eyes. 

Just now, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Tarrier accusations getting dished out now because I’m no blind to his obvious loss of form this season. How original of you. 

I never accused you of being a tarrier though. 

Using tarrier patter though and lying like a tarrier to make a point, absolutely. 

1 minute ago, josmc said:

I think Morelos has went backwards this year. I’ve been watching footage of last years Europa League and there’s no comparison to the player we’re watching this season. He looks a couple of yards slower and unfortunately still has too many brain farts when noised up by defenders. I’m hoping he comes back from his ban and helps to get us over the line because I think he owes us that. 

His role has obviously changed. He is coming deeper to retrieve the ball. I have no problem with his performances other than his moments of sheer madness.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

His role has obviously changed. He is coming deeper to retrieve the ball. I have no problem with his performances other than his moments of sheer madness.

I never bought the 'role change' point earlier in the season but its clear as day. 

We look far better with him in the team. Our best eleven has Morelos up front and Roofe on the right/inside forward/whatever you call it. 

Just now, King Jela said:

Naw, Kent's been the worse 'big player' this season by a mile. No question about it for me. He's verging on Brandon Barker levels of shite and I'm deadly serious. 

In our strongest 11, aside from Kent, we don't have a weak link. Morelos hasn't been firing like last season, no question about it, he isn't even particularly great with the ball at his feet either, although I do think he's gotten better, but there is a clear and massive difference to the team when he's playing and when he's not. 

You can throw all the stats you want at me but I can see it with my own eyes. 

I haven't thrown a single stat at you?

I said that along with Kent that Morelos has been our biggest weak link in the starting XI this season and you came in and argued against that point. So I asked who out of our typical starting XI has been worse than him? You've given a convenient answer of nobody other than Kent is a weak link so I'll ask again. Do you think all of McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Barisic, Davis, Jack, Kamara and Roofe in their respective positions have been better than Morelos this season yes or no? And if not, which of those players do you think Morelos has been better than? And that the point that the poster made that Morelos is our best player, which is the conversation you came into argue against, is inaccurate? 

Also why is it tarrier behaviour to criticise Morelos but it isn't and never has been when posters have done the same to Davis, Tavernier, Goldson, Aribo, Kamara and pretty much every and any Rangers player who has been poor in certain spells in the past? 

Utter nonsense. 

We should be thumping the likes of Hamilton without Morelos in the team. We were highly dependent  on his goals last season but we are sharing the goals throughout the team now.

I'm just glad he isn't suspended from Europe because that is where he is in his element. We wouldn't have got this far without his goals. 

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I haven't thrown a single stat at you?

I said that along with Kent that Morelos has been our biggest weak link in the starting XI this season and you came in and argued against that point. So I asked who out of our typical starting XI has been worse than him? You've given a convenient answer of nobody other than Kent is a weak link so I'll ask again. Do you think all of McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Barisic, Davis, Jack, Kamara and Roofe in their respective positions have been better than Morelos this season yes or no? And if not, which of those players do you think Morelos has been better than? And that the point that the poster made that Morelos is our best player, which is the conversation you came into argue against, is inaccurate? 

The stat wasn't for you, although I admit I didn't make that clear at all.

But I don't think Morelos has been a weak link. In our strongest starting 11 Kent's the weak link. Yes I do think those mentioned have been better in their respective positions than Morelos but I wouldn't say because they've been better he's been necesarily a weak link. A weak link holds us back, Morelos doesn't hold us back, when he's playing anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Also why is it tarrier behaviour to criticise Morelos but it isn't and never has been when posters have done the same to Davis, Tavernier, Goldson, Aribo, Kamara and pretty much every and any Rangers player who has been poor in certain spells in the past? 

Utter nonsense. 

Who said it was tarrier behaviour to criticise Morelos? 

25 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Saying Morelos is our best striker is one thing, saying he's our best player, in the context of the last year, is just laughable at this point. 

If Morelos is our best striker then currently it's the biggest weakness in the team, other than arguably Kent.

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Jack and Roofe (RW) have all performed their positions far better than Morelos has at CF 

Roofe couldn’t lace Morelos boots, Jack is constantly injured. Tav has barely kicked a ball in months, Davis, Kamara and Goldson have been good but goals win games. 

He makes us tick, works defences on his own. Baffled how anyone can’t see we’re worse off without him. 

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Roofe couldn’t lace Morelos boots, Jack is constantly injured. Tav has barely kicked a ball in months, Davis, Kamara and Goldson have been good but goals win games. 

He makes us tick, works defences on his own. Baffled how anyone can’t see we’re worse off without him. 

I honestly think folk take it personally if you post that we're better off with him. 

Like you've slagged their maw or something. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

How are the 2 points connected? 

Listen I’m getting bored arguing here tbh but you said I was “lying like a tarrier” and “using tarrier patter”, presumably because I described some of Morelos’ sitters as “laughable”. 

You’ve just said Kent has been as shite as Barker which is both bullshit and also a worse insult than I’ve ever stated about Morelos. 

I’ll no be throwing tarrier accusations back at you though because I’m no fucking 14 years old.

Just now, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Listen I’m getting bored arguing here tbh but you said I was “lying like a tarrier” and “using tarrier patter”, presumably because I described some of Morelos’ sitters as “laughable”. 

You’ve just said Kent has been as shite as Barker which is both bullshit and also a worse insult than I’ve ever stated about Morelos. 

I’ll no be throwing tarrier accusations back at you though because I’m no fucking 14 years old.

You were using tarrier patter. "Missing laughable sitters every week" is a post you'd see on Kerrydale street. 

I said Kent was verging on Barker levels of shite and I genuinely think that. 

Again, I never accused you of being a tarrier. You'd think you were 14 years old delibrately missing that point out just to play the victim.

Archived