Nae Morelos, nae party

King Jela

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You were using tarrier patter. "Missing laughable sitters every week" is a post you'd see on Kerrydale street. 

I said Kent was verging on Barker levels of shite and I genuinely think that. 

Again, I never accused you of being a tarrier. You'd think you were 14 years old delibrately missing that point out just to play the victim.

I wouldn’t know.

Case closed your honour 👍

I’m away for my dinner, I’ll catch you on the next match thread.

18 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The stat wasn't for you, although I admit I didn't make that clear at all.

But I don't think Morelos has been a weak link. In our strongest starting 11 Kent's the weak link. Yes I do think those mentioned have been better in their respective positions than Morelos but I wouldn't say because they've been better he's been necesarily a weak link. A weak link holds us back, Morelos doesn't hold us back, when he's playing anyway. 

Difference between a weak link and the weakest link. Especially in the context of a poster saying he was our best player. I was saying from a starting XI point of view he's at least the 10th best player. Throw in others like Balogun, Hagi and you could argue those have had more more contribution this season also.

But now I'm confused why people who defend Morelos, the player who definitely was our best player a year ago, and agree there's at least 9 better players than him in the team now, highlighting some sort of massive decline on his part, don't understand why he is getting criticised or that it's warranted to point it out.

Love the man to bits but we can't be without him for games all down to his temper and bad referees to be honest , if we got a decent offer that suited both parties we might sell him but hopefully he gets the fuckin message that he is a marked man up here and needs to be clever and stay out of trouble , if that's possible 

5 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

I wouldn’t know.

Case closed your honour 👍

I’m away for my dinner, I’ll catch you on the match thread through the week.

You clearly do know, you're using it :lol:

Enjoy your dinner. Try and no miss your mouth with the fork like you do "every week". 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Difference between a weak link and the weakest link. Especially in the context of a poster saying he was our best player. I was saying from a starting XI point of view he's at least the 10th best player. Throw in others like Balogun, Hagi and you could argue those have had more more contribution this season also.

But now I'm confused why people who defend Morelos, the player who definitely was our best player a year ago, and agree there's at least 9 better players than him in the team now, highlighting some sort of massive decline on his part, don't understand why he is getting criticised or that it's warranted to point it out.

Is it as simplistic as that? He's the best player in his role and for me he's the final peice of the jigsaw when he is playing because he's the best in that role. 

Would you play any of those 9 in his position? Shagger, Goldson, Helander, Tav, Barisic, Davis, Jack, Kamara as a lone striker? 

Just now, King Jela said:

Is it as simplistic as that? He's the best player in his role and for me he's the final peice of the jigsaw when he is playing because he's the best in that role. 

Would you play any of those 9 in his position? Shagger, Goldson, Helander, Tav, Barisic, Davis, Jack, Kamara as a lone striker? 

Again, you've commented on a chain of posts stating that Morelos is the best player in the team. Everything you're saying suggests to me that you don't believe that either, so I'm not sure what we're arguing about here. That is the whole point and context of where this specific debate originated from.

Just now, Broxi said:

Again, you've commented on a chain of posts stating that Morelos is the best player in the team. Everything you're saying suggests to me that you don't believe that either, so I'm not sure what we're arguing about here. That is the whole point and context of where this specific debate originated from.

My point has been clear from the very start imo. 'Toothless up front without him'. I haven't swayed from that anywhere.

22 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I honestly think folk take it personally if you post that we're better off with him. 

Like you've slagged their maw or something. 

I’m convinced a section of fans wrote him off early doors and when he proved them wrong they can’t accept it.

Few lads in our club barely celebrate his goals and anytime he steps outta line they go mental. Fuckin weird behaviour.

My point has been clear from the very start imo. 'Toothless up front without him'. I haven't swayed from that anywhere.

Someone stated he was the best player in the team, I said he wasn't, you replied to that post. Unless you agree with the other poster that he is the best player in the team then I don't know why you replied to my post or what you disagreed with? 

FWIW not trying to make these come across as sour or overly argumentative. I've had many Morelos debates on here and I'm sure there will be more. Just in case tone was getting lost over blank words on a screen. No intention on my part to come across as anything other than civil debate

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Someone stated he was the best player in the team, I said he wasn't, you replied to that post. Unless you agree with the other poster that he is the best player in the team then I don't know why you replied to my post or what you disagreed with? 

FWIW not trying to make these come across as sour or overly argumentative. I've had many Morelos debates on here and I'm sure there will be more. Just in case tone was getting lost over blank words on a screen. No intention on my part to come across as anything other than civil debate

I actually don't even know how ours wirse crossed at this point either. Like you said we actually agree but in arguing form :lol:

Will we just call it a day? 

I actually don't even know how ours wirse crossed at this point either. Like you said we actually agree but in arguing form :lol:

Will we just call it a day? 

Sounds good mate :lol::tu:

If Morelos' form is the most contentious part of the season we aren't doing too badly :lol:

No two ways about it, we are better with him in the team. Which makes all the more maddening that when it comes down to it he cant be relied on. Yes he gets done for things others  get away with but thats twice in the space of months he is missing games cos of needless stupidity. Its actually quite selfish from him. You can bet even though Gerrard rightly criticises the lack of consistency shown by the sfa he will be ragin  and feel let down yet again by Morelos. If he sells him it wont be cos he doesnt rate him but because he cant rely on him. A shame really.

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

And who gives a fuck anyway. We’re no going to have Morelos or Roofe next weekend so the creative players need to get a grip and adapt to who the CF is. It’s pathetic the amount of money paid for some of these players and when the CF changes from Morelos to Itten they can’t adapt their own game

With Morelos out & Tav & BB not being just as assertive in getting up the park, it shows that a lot of our players are actually quite ordinary.

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He needs to be sold in July.

He can't be relied on and the coaching staff can't seem to get the team to adapt to a different striker other than him when he's out. Better to adapt to someone we know is not going to get 3 week suspensions for being a moron.

Yer talking millions to get someone in that brings what the buff brings when he’s on it 

Idiot or not, red card or not, like him or not, we should be able to beat Hamilton without our first choice striker. 

Whole team was off it on the day. Judging by some of the discussions and threads on this forum a lot of our fans, myself included, are spending more time planning the party and celebration than time focusing on the remainder of the current season. That mentality is undoubtably slipping into the team ... that game will fix that. That game is the wake up call everyone needed. 

The league may be all but done, but there’s still a job to do 

13 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Idiot or not, red card or not, like him or not, we should be able to beat Hamilton without our first choice striker. 

Whole team was off it on the day. Judging by some of the discussions and threads on this forum a lot of our fans, myself included, are spending more time planning the party and celebration than time focusing on the remainder of the current season. That mentality is undoubtably slipping into the team ... that game will fix that. That game is the wake up call everyone needed. 

You were correct at first. 

Then you decided that fans buying smoke bombs were affecting our performances.  As if they are all checking in on here 😂 

13 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

It should be as big a wake up call to Gerrard as anyone. Regardless of anyone's view on him we need an option B up front when Morelos is missing. Shoehorning players into the lone striker role doesn't work. Itten was shite yesterday but why not have him and Roofe on together when we're chasing a goal? They worked well against Dundee United together back at Ibrox in September (?) and both clearly need help up there. Infuriating how stubborn the gaffer can be when it comes to his system. 

On 07/02/2021 at 14:00, King Jela said:

Toothless up front without him. 

Remember the last three draws we had guess who played in them? clues below.

:alfie:

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Remember the last three draws we had guess who played in them? clues below.

:alfie:

True. Maybe I'm being harsh after Hagi and Kent assisted 3 goals each for big Itten's double hattrick yesterday :mutley:

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

True. Maybe I'm being harsh after Hagi and Kent assisted 3 goals each for big Itten's double hattrick yesterday :mutley:

Hard to knock Hagi and Itten they have both gained us valuable points and won us games.

What's so fucking stupid about this post on Hagi and Itten is Itten came on against Motherwell and saved our arse getting us a draw then in the last game against St Johnstone Hagi got us the three points with a goal winning us the three points like he also did against Hibs in December.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Hard to knock Hagi and Itten they have both gained us valuable points and won us games.

What's so fucking stupid about this post on Hagi and Itten is Itten came on against Motherwell and saved our arse getting us a draw then in the last game against St Johnstone Hagi got us the three points with a goal.

Hard to knock Morelos contribution to the team when he has gained us valuable points this season, but hey ho. 

Second post is just funny :lol: 

You're a bizarre man. 

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Hard to knock Morelos contribution to the team when he has gained us valuable points this season, but hey ho. 

Second post is just funny :lol: 

You're a bizarre man. 

No ones knocking him he got us the points against Aberdeen and Hibs its you that's slagging off Hagi and Itten yet both have gained us valuable points.

Bizarre as I pulled you up for talking absolute nonsense, good one.

Archived