Putting teams to the sword early.

39 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

End of the day its a result that was due to happen sooner or later with the way we were playing. 

The gaffer needs to stop rotating at this point despite how much sense it made. Strongest 11 no matter what until we are over the line, then we can play about with the squad. 

Whos the strongest 11 then? 

23 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Mcgregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barasic

Davis Aribo Kamara

Hagi Morelos Kent

I know we couldnt field this team today with Morelos being out but from the get go I think we should be using davis, Aribo and kamara to really link the midfield to the forwards and put pressure on teams to get early goals. 

then when games open up you can have Jack on for davis who can help protect the defence further and you still have aribo and kamara to link play. 

Regardless of strongest team however is the players just dont seem to be preforming. They still dont seem to realise that teams (especial those facing relegation) will fight tooth and claw and then some to get some kind of result. 

We have done it again and again, underestimated teams and presumed we'd get a result, we did it last year with hearts and dundee and we did it this year with st mirren, motherwell and accies today. 

Team needs to waken up and realise this league isnt over and with celtic building a run we can rely on teams taking points (as likely as that may be). The gaffer needs to put out the best possible team on the day, the boys can rest when the league is wrapped up. 

Celtic chaining 3 wins together and us dropping points may make them cock a eyebrow and think they could pull something off. 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Mcgregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barasic

Davis Aribo Kamara

Hagi Morelos Kent

I know we couldnt field this team today with Morelos being out but from the get go I think we should be using davis, Aribo and kamara to really link the midfield to the forwards and put pressure on teams to get early goals. 

then when games open up you can have Jack on for davis who can help protect the defence further and you still have aribo and kamara to link play. 

Regardless of strongest team however is the players just dont seem to be preforming. They still dont seem to realise that teams (especial those facing relegation) will fight tooth and claw and then some to get some kind of result. 

We have done it again and again, underestimated teams and presumed we'd get a result, we did it last year with hearts and dundee and we did it this year with st mirren, motherwell and accies today. 

Team needs to waken up and realise this league isnt over and with celtic building a run we can rely on teams taking points (as likely as that may be). The gaffer needs to put out the best possible team on the day, the boys can rest when the league is wrapped up. 

Celtic chaining 3 wins together and us dropping points may make them cock a eyebrow and think they could pull something off. 

So your strongest 11 includes two players who havent kicked a ball for us for months (barring a couple of fleeting glimpses) 

And if memory serves me right, your strongest 11 went to motherwell recently and required a sub to get us a point, and that same 11 bar one switch (hagi for roofe) didnt even muster a shot on target at home to the tarriers 

Strongest 11 only works if that 11 are all playing well, kent and aribo arent, they arent close, whats the point in having a squad if you don't utilise it to cover off form players 

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So your strongest 11 includes two players who havent kicked a ball for us for months (barring a couple of fleeting glimpses) 

And if memory serves me right, your strongest 11 went to motherwell recently and required a sub to get us a point, and that same 11 bar one switch (hagi for roofe) didnt even muster a shot on target at home to the tarriers 

Strongest 11 only works if that 11 are all playing well, kent and aribo arent, they arent close, whats the point in having a squad if you don't utilise it to cover off form players 

Did you even read all my post?

1 minute ago, Billy1984 said:

Jack is in our strongest 11 mate 

See usually i would agree but i think he's good as a sub. I feel like if we're going 4-1-2-3 then id have jack in for defence support but for a 4-3-3 its davis for me because i think he has better passing abilty and more aggressive. I dont think jack is 100% in that area yet though hes showing signs of it 

It just goes to show you how a team selection is important to getting off on the right foot.. Gerrard admitted he got it wrong. I was happy with the starting 11 pre match but I also got it wrong because it was clear as day to see the improvement Jack & Davis made.

tannerall likes this
20 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Did you even read all my post?

Yes, you said "the gaffer needs to put out the best possible team on the day" 

So whats the best possible team on the day, the strongest team, the inform players, or the guys who trained the best leading up to the game 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It just goes to show you how a team selection is important to getting off on the right foot.. Gerrard admitted he got it wrong. I was happy with the starting 11 pre match but I also got it wrong because it was clear as day to see the improvement Jack & Davis made.

I was happy with the starting line up too, but the Hamilton manager gazumped us. Would have expected Aribo and Kamara to do well in that formation though, and Itten I think flattered to deceive without achieving much, just shows even just a few players not at top speed can really mess the team up. 

bluenoz likes this

In a league like ours, no one is ever going to go through a season winning every game in a 38 game season.  However, dropping points to the likes of Motherwell and Hamilton in the last two weeks, when both have been bottom of the league, completely negates winning at the junkies, the sheep and beating them at NY. Can't even blame the 'breaking down teams that sit in' as neither did that in either of those 1-1 games. 

Need a good look at the contributions in the final third. Hagi offered nothing today, Kent doesn't do any damage there and Itten got zero service. Aribo, bar one shot that went close, doesn't take any responsibility despite being in a 3 with two sitting midfielders but Kamara and Zungu did the square root of... 

SG plays around with the team, performances go to shite (like St Mirren cup game) and needs sorted pronto or some pressure will be put on them as an outrageous lead gets eaten away (not that for one minute the mhankies will catch us). 

gmcf and Zappa6995 like this
Just now, RFCRobertson said:

See usually i would agree but i think he's good as a sub. I feel like if we're going 4-1-2-3 then id have jack in for defence support but for a 4-3-3 its davis for me because i think he has better passing abilty and more aggressive. I dont think jack is 100% in that area yet though hes showing signs of it 

Some don’t like it but I like the 3 together of Davis Jack and kamara. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We’ve all got opinions on this and they’re all different. I don’t rate hagi or aribo,I don’t think tavernier is a full back and would play him higher up the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

We’ve all got opinions on this and they’re all different. I don’t rate hagi or aribo,I don’t think tavernier is a full back and would play him higher up the pitch. 

At this point in time hagi seems the more capable out of him, kent or aribo, he is more likely to take the risky option, shoot earlier, try something different, whereas kent and aribo are the same trick ponies the now, kent especially 

Our defence is fine, 8 league goals conceded all season says to that, but defo up front we are doing the same shit as last year post new year, gerrard needs to drop his undroppables