Shaggers interview

ShaneRalfRoss

4 hours ago, AGC123 said:

Fuck going into the changing room after that with Shagger. Exactly what should be said from a Rangers player and In my opinion captain. 

his interview was excellent, Gerrard’s too. Made a reference to the st mirren game. Last time he rotates like that. Zungu is done in my opinion 

Zunga will never be good enough for us IMO .

32 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I wanted it to be Arfield and have a long believe keepers can’t be captains as they’re mostly rooted at the back and outfield players can hide but now I would have no issue with him being the captain as he knows what it takes to become a winner 

Heard for years what a fantastic captain Lee Wallace was - and don't recall ever seeing him open his mouth.

Tav's a little better, but not a lot.

McGregor should be captain of that team without a doubt.

48 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I wanted it to be Arfield and have a long believe keepers can’t be captains as they’re mostly rooted at the back and outfield players can hide but now I would have no issue with him being the captain as he knows what it takes to become a winner 

Arfield also a good shout he has good fight in him to I wouldn’t be against him being captain.

If it wasn't for Greegs today we might have dropped another point, there's not much difference between 1 point and 0 points. It should be Gerrard who's shouting the odds at all the players showing a lack of spunk today.

Just found out Joe Aribo was playing today, big Goldson had more headers than big Duncan Ferguson planted on John McStay all those years ago and Ryan Jack is a must.

Greegsy vs Goram. 
I think we can settle the argument, goram was special in his day. However he has embarrassed himself and his legacy in recent times. Whereas Alan has repented, proved himself in Europe and shown us the last true bastion of a ranger. 

McGregor was right we were rubbish. Its all very well to rotate the squad but the time to make wholesale changes is when you're 3 or 4 up.

Hamilton are playing for their lives and Gerrard should have known Rice would have them up for the game especially after the last doing they got at Ibrox, They were out to prove a point and they did.

The performance showed the weakness of Tavernier and Goldson as a leadership duo when things aren't going well or there arent other leaders in front of them. They need to motivate, encourage and maintain standards even when they as individuals arent at their best.

1 hour ago, Scouse_Legend said:

Does anyone think that Shagger could be a Rangers manager in the future? He certainly has the heart and balls for it. Be interesting if he done his coaching badges and studied tactics etc. He has the leadership qualities of a manager imo

I dunno. 

2 hours ago, Scouse_Legend said:

Does anyone think that Shagger could be a Rangers manager in the future? He certainly has the heart and balls for it. Be interesting if he done his coaching badges and studied tactics etc. He has the leadership qualities of a manager imo

I’m not sure about manager but I think there needs to be a role for ex players in some capacity. But only if they can offer something, not as token appointments. They have to be winners first and foremost and have some class about them  

We are a unique club, even amongst big clubs in that due to our league and the environment of the city we rarely can afford to drop any points domestically. This is different from other top leagues where there is more competition and many players simply cannot handle that expectation and pressure. 

Only a fan or ex player of the right quality and mentality properly understands the history and temperament required to play for us. These types we should keep involved. Gerrard has fitted in as he is a born winner and has taken no prisoners throughout his career, hence he gets the pressures of our club on some level. Ex players of a similar mentality id have around. 

On 08/02/2021 at 17:12, Scouse_Legend said:

Apart from Jock Wallace and Dino Zoff, can anyone think of any successful goalkeepers-turned-managers?

Archived