Gaffer & Tav Interviews

BearInTheToon

Gaffer’s spot on and has realised a midfield of Kamara and Zungu just doesn’t work.  Think Kent, Aribo and probably even Tav might be getting a talking to.

And on Tav, it’d be nice to see him take a leaf out of Greegsy’s book and actually show a bit of passion in these. He’s the captain of Glasgow Rangers, ffs. Can’t stand these dour, emotionless, political responses in which he’s scared to step on people’s toes.

Granted, he’s been off it for weeks himself but show some passion, man.

That's them told. Nothing wrong with a good old bollocking.

Brilliant stuff from Gerard, it's close to the time of season when big decisions are made for next season. 

Like the way he gives praise to those who deserve it, McGregor,Wright, Hamilton's manager and tactics, then says what needs said about the disappointments. 

Compare and contrast with a cellic manager who blames everything and anything.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tav was dreadful today.

Bit disappointed in him as a captain also as there was no-one driving team on today until Jack and a 36yr old Davis came on.

Yeah man. We’ve been so busy laughing at the other side of the city that I think many in our own support haven’t noticed that we actually have a bit of a midfield rebuild ourselves to concern ourselves with.

Zungu will be away, Davis is 36, Kamara might be sold, Arfield’s getting on and Jack has a knee which needs managed. 

We’ll need to add a serious player or two for the starting 11 that bring proper drive, desire, aggression and control. The likes of Zungu are not the answer.

The one I feel for most is Tav, puts in so much all season, top scorer, massive assists, committed every game, and responsibilities of captain. 

No surprise his form dips early, I genuinely think he's run himself in to the ground every season around this time, but he'll come good again.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tav was dreadful today.

Bit disappointed in him as a captain also as there was no-one driving team on today until Jack and a 36yr old Davis came on.

Hes disappeared almost, when was the last time he contributed to the game? Maybe the penalties have affected bim mentally 

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The one I feel for most is Tav, puts in so much all season, top scorer, massive assists, committed every game, and responsibilities of captain. 

No surprise his form dips early, I genuinely think he's run himself in to the ground every season around this time, but he'll come good again.

I agree, fantastic 1st half of the season followed by a huge dip in the second half again.

It's not surprising considering the amount of running he does, and the amount of games he played but we need to find a way to improve on this.

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Hes disappeared almost, when was the last time he contributed to the game? Maybe the penalties have affected bim mentally 

Tbh mate, for me, his confidence went before the pens. He became a shell of a player when teams started doubling up on him in December. That seemed to t he n bleed into his penalty taking, set pieces, crossing and all round play. Mentally, he still seems pretty fragile.

1 minute ago, five stars said:

I agree, fantastic 1st half of the season followed by a huge dip in the second half again.

It's not surprising considering the amount of running he does, and the amount of games he played but we need to find a way to improve on this.

I think he'd benefit a lot from not having captain responsibilities as he is a creative player who can bring the best out himself. 

Keep our heads up, it will come back very soon. I agree with comments on midfield though, it needs full focus on the next transfer window.

Zungu won’t make it but we knew it. And there are question marks over sells, ages and health. 

Sad to not see Itten on the scoresheet today.

To be honest, im not gonna lose my shit over todays performance, which was the worst of the season!

We are going to win the league, im sure of it.

I do think that the Zungu experiment is pretty much over though. No harm to the guy, but he is just not cut out for scottish football. Give me a Lewis Ferguson or that lad from Motherwell over him anyday. I dont think they are great players, but I think they would play well in our system, certainly better than Zungu.

Was a stinking result, against a honking team, with and atrocious pitch. Just go out and win the next match.

Tav needs to stop taking rank on free kicks. He can't get it up and down from that close. I knew he would put it over the bar. The closer to the penalty box (inside 22 yards) should be Hagi's from that side and obviously Borna from the other side. Tav can take the ones from distance.

9 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Who would replace him in your opinion? 

He'll stay a long time unless we get a crazy offer, fortunately. Don't think he's easily replacable (same with Barisic).

It's asking an overlapping defender a lot to come in to a highly organised attacking football playing team, especially playing in a league as brutal as the Scottish league.

(I'm stalling for time here, would have to b a hell of a good established player or one we can quickiy develop through the ranks.

To quote McGregor in his post match interview's answer to a different question:

"I dunno" :lol:

Edit, maybe on today's performance Hodson :lol:)

I think for now Tav just needs to sit a little deeper and concentrate on the basics. i.e. defending

Use his passing ability from a deeper position like the ball for Morelos in the old firm game.

Hopefully his energy levels and confidence will return but for now we need more energy and running from our front 3 and attacking midfielder. What was Aribo doing today, was very deep and at times in the second half in the right back position. I'm assuming it was tactical, it didn't work.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tav needs to stop taking rank on free kicks. He can't get it up and down from that close. I knew he would put it over the bar. The closer to the penalty box (inside 22 yards) should be Hagi's from that side and obviously Borna from the other side. Tav can take the ones from distance.

Yes he needs to learn that there might be better options for free kicks other than himself when he’s not playing particularly well. Thought Hagi had an ok first half and was better option. 

29 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Really think we need a rb who can be trusted to come in and give Tav a rest. He’s overplayed and as you’ve said runs himself into the ground every season. How many games has Tav missed in the last 5 years? Very, very few. 

2 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Really think we need a rb who can be trusted to come in and give Tav a rest. He’s overplayed and as you’ve said runs himself into the ground every season. How many games has Tav missed in the last 5 years? Very, very few. 

Missed more penalties than gamesprobably. :whistle:

22 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I've wondered this for a couple of days now. Would we be better with Patterson at RB and Tav RM? He was integral to our great early season form, chipping in with goals and assists. I think he's gubbed when asked to run the whole wing at this part of the season. We could have any 2 from Davis/Jack/Kamara in the middle and Tav wide. He's great at cutting inside too, and that would take the pressure off him defensively. That lets Aribo get up top where he is far more effective. Just a wee question mark over how good Paterson is defensively, but I've been impressed with him every time he's come on.

Dunno....just thinking out loud. 

Absolutely wild the Tav bashing is starting again. He was poor today, and hasn’t quite been at the heights of Aug-November, but he’s still been at least a 7 every weeks. Plenty more on that park today that deserve slaughtered before Tav. 

Archived