***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I would be interested to know who you suggest would be the midfield 3 to topple kilmarnock. Apologies in advance if you have done so previously in this thread. 

It certainly wouldn’t be a flat 3 of Jack, Davis and Kamara. Not at home against Killie.

Equally, a midfield of Jack with Hagi and Aribo further ahead of him, as the poster suggested, would leave us too wide open. The latter two just don’t have the positional sense or work rate to do the role/track back etc.

Given there’s likely no Arfield, who’d be in most 3-man midfields ordinarily, I’d go with a 4231, which has worked brilliantly at home.

Depends on if Roofe/Defoe are available but, for me, it’d be the usual back 4/Greegs, then:

Jack   Davis

Roofe       Hagi       Kent

Itten

I’d be happy dropping Kent for Wright but I just don’t think Gerrard will.

3 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

It certainly wouldn’t be a flat 3 of Jack, Davis and Kamara. Not at home against Killie.

Equally, a midfield of Jack with Hagi and Aribo further ahead of him, as the poster suggested, would leave us too wide open. The latter two just don’t have the positional sense or work rate to do the role/track back etc.

Given there’s likely no Arfield, who’d be in most 3-man midfields ordinarily, I’d go with a 4231, which has worked brilliantly at home.

Depends on if Roofe/Defoe are available but, for me, it’d be the usual back 4/Greegs, then:

Jack   Davis

Roofe       Hagi       Kent

Itten

I’d be happy dropping Kent for Wright but I just don’t think Gerrard will.

I agree re Kent,  he has been mediocre for a while,  not sure we need 2 holding midfielders at home v kilmarnock but having said that it should allow both full backs to get forward more often

1 hour ago, glasgow argyle said:

I agree re Kent,  he has been mediocre for a while,  not sure we need 2 holding midfielders at home v kilmarnock but having said that it should allow both full backs to get forward more often

Yeah, you do need two if you’re asking the fullbacks to bomb on, as they need to start doing again from this weekend.

Otherwise, it’s too much ground to cover for the one CM.  It’s central to how we play - the CMs plug the holes left by having high fullbacks.

I hope Itten will take his chance with Morelos suspended and Defoe still injured.

Team needs to step up and I'm sure they will come back stronger after that poor performance on sunday against Hamilton. Gerrard and McGregor spoke well after the game, will be interesting to see how they react after these words.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Jack Davis Kamara

Hagi Itten Wright

Come on lads. 🇬🇧

4 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Drop players thats losing form.

For me thats Aribo and Kent. 

.jack kamara and Davis in midfield

Hagi Itten Wright

3 points please

Tavernier would be on that list as he’s been awful since missing penalty at Aberdeen.

7 hours ago, Dickie said:

Tavernier would be on that list as he’s been awful since missing penalty at Aberdeen.

Sorry but you don't drop your club captain at such a critical stage of the season when we are within touching distance of 55. He has been outstanding this season and lead from the front. Cant expect him to excel every single week!

Main concern for me is Itten, he actually got a  fair amount of the ball first half on Sunday, but failed to hold it up or get going forward.  Hopefully was  just a difficult day in the cold and wind, with the team playing badly. 

This is one area where I question the youth set up, we should always have a few younger players scoring goals at that level, full of confidence, and be able to  bring them in for a short shift when we are way ahead, or affected by the usual suspension injuries as the season goes on. 

47 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Main concern for me is Itten, he actually got a  fair amount of the ball first half on Sunday, but failed to hold it up or get going forward.  Hopefully was  just a difficult day in the cold and wind, with the team playing badly. 

This is one area where I question the youth set up, we should always have a few younger players scoring goals at that level, full of confidence, and be able to  bring them in for a short shift when we are way ahead, or affected by the usual suspension injuries as the season goes on. 

He got plenty of the ball, just not in areas where you'd want him to get it.

23 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Too early to name team selections.

Until we know if Roofe is available, and the fitness of Jack after the weekend plus Defoe and Arfield then there's too many unknown variables.

:lol:

People can post team selections on here whenever they want since it has literally zero bearing on the actual team selection 

6 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Sorry but you don't drop your club captain at such a critical stage of the season when we are within touching distance of 55. He has been outstanding this season and lead from the front. Cant expect him to excel every single week!

I never said to drop him I was replying to bb who was listing players out of form and tavernier is definitely one.

Archived