***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping with out regular midfield starting this one Itten will have players closer to him to help him out. He was isolated in the first half against Hamilton in my opinion.

Massive game and 3 points is all that matters!

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Whether it’s Itten or Defoe, Kent, Aribo and Hagi need to step up.

It must be getting near last chance territory( as starters)  for Kent and Aribo now.

The real issue was Gerrard.  Zungu, Kamara and Aribo in the midfield was shambolic. 

10 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Sorry but you don't drop your club captain at such a critical stage of the season when we are within touching distance of 55. He has been outstanding this season and lead from the front. Cant expect him to excel every single week!

Maybe if the taigs had dropped their club captain earlier they would have been in a position to make a decent challenge. We don't expect him to excel every game but neither do we expect him to be shite for 6 weeks. Two consecutive missed penalties, wasted corners and useless attempts at crosses. He appears to have suffered a great loss of confidence.

2 hours ago, Jasper Blues said:

Correct, let's get rid of him - useless! 

Bring back Pedro. 

People can criticize the manager you know ffs. He 100 percent started with the wrong midfield. He noticed that and when the right players came in it made a big difference.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Whether it’s Itten or Defoe, Kent, Aribo and Hagi need to step up.

It must be getting near last chance territory( as starters)  for Kent and Aribo now.

I think only the SFA could arrange for Kent to not get a game.

51 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

People can criticize the manager you know ffs. He 100 percent started with the wrong midfield. He noticed that and when the right players came in it made a big difference.

So he learned from it and changed it. 

No prob with people critisizing the manager but he is the man who has turned us round big time. Ffs. 

He will make mistakes, as he admitted after the match, but I can't think of any manager anywhere who doesn't. I'm sure you will know if one though. 

11 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

So he learned from it and changed it. 

No prob with people critisizing the manager but he is the man who has turned us round big time. Ffs. 

He will make mistakes, as he admitted after the match, but I can't think of any manager anywhere who doesn't. I'm sure you will know if one though. 

Nobody is saying otherwise you're the one greeting because someone said he played the wrong midfield.

For me one of the main issues that’s seen  us struggle lately has been Tavernier.

He was outstanding in the first half of the season with his assists and goals but his form has took an alarming dip and it’s no coincidence we’re now struggling to put games to bed.

Need him to get back to somewhere near his best.

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

For me one of the main issues that’s seen  us struggle lately has been Tavernier.

He was outstanding in the first half of the season with his assists and goals but his form has took an alarming dip and it’s no coincidence we’re now struggling to put games to bed.

Need him to get back to somewhere near his best.

Elephant in the room but he's actually been very poor for the last 6 weeks. Need him at his best.

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Itten needs to step up he's been good off the bench but both times he's started through the middle he's looked poor

I agree but also think he's started with a weaker midfield around/behind him.

No excuse on Saturday as I expect Kamara, Davis and Jack from the start to allow Borna and Tav to get forward as much as possible to flood the box with crosses.

Archived