***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

4 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

The real issue was Gerrard.  Zungu, Kamara and Aribo in the midfield was shambolic. 

There’s no doubt Gerrard got it wrong once again away from home like St Mirren in the cup. Bizarrely it’s one area he still hasn’t always understood when choosing a team away from home...

Zungu, Kamara and Aribo away is madness - Maybe at Ibrox u mite get away with it but for me during this run in it’s got to be strongest starting 11 every game. If we get a decent lead then rotate 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Jack Davis Kamara

Roofe Morelos Kent

Thats the best 11

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I see no need to panic just because they won a game in hand.

We are at home where we have conceded once against a team in terrible form.

3-0 Rangers without two of our strikers.

Don’t think there’s a panic.... yet

They were likely to win there games in hand, it’s us dropping silly points twice against teams towards the bottom of the league that’s causing concern.

We don’t want to give them any glimmer of hope, having dropped points to Hamilton if we don’t beat Killie then it raises all the usual ‘bottle’ questions from previous seasons.

This is a massive game minus Morelos and Roofe, Kent/Hagi off form, DeFoe injured so limited options doesn’t help

Game takes on more importance as we can apply pressure with them playing Sunday

Lets not forget our last few games have been 1-0/1-1 so not exactly putting teams away.

Can u tell I’m nervous??

10 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

They were likely to win there games in hand, it’s us dropping silly points twice against teams towards the bottom of the league that’s causing concern.

We don’t want to give them any glimmer of hope, having dropped points to Hamilton if we don’t beat Killie then it raises all the usual ‘bottle’ questions from previous seasons.

This is a massive game minus Morelos and Roofe, Kent/Hagi off form, DeFoe injured so limited options doesn’t help

Lets not forget our last few games have been 1-0/1-1 so not exactly putting teams away.

Can u tell I’m nervous??

You just wrote what I knew was coming... Panic? Nervous? Kinda the same thing, don't ya think?

29 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I see no need to panic just because they won a game in hand.

We are at home where we have conceded once against a team in terrible form.

3-0 Rangers without two of our strikers.

I don’t think there’s panic tbh. It’s just been that long since we’ve got it over the line that our recent form makes me at least a bit uneasy. It’s obv ours to win but more daft dropped points and slack performances like Hamilton/Motherwell makes the run in a bit more nervy than it really should be. 

Can’t believe how many people are picking a 3 man midfield of Jack, Davis and Kamara for this game.

Have they watched us these past 2 years?! It’s been shown countless times before, it’s too static/safe for home games against the fodder. Not even against celtic have we gone so defensively lately. Two of them fine, but all three is madness.

9 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Can’t believe how many people are picking a 3 man midfield of Jack, Davis and Kamara for this game.

Have they watched us these past 2 years?! It’s been shown countless times before, it’s too static/safe for home games against the fodder. Not even against celtic have we gone so defensively lately. Two of them fine, but all three is madness.

They’re the only three that have been close to having any sort of form. Albeit Kamara was shite on Sunday

42 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Can u tell I’m nervous??

I understand the nerves, I'm same as we are so close.

But listen  we very nearly left Hamilton with all 3 points despite everyone playing utter gash. These performances happen 2 or 3 times a season when everyone is off their game. We wete fortunate to get a point.

On paper the St Johnstone win looked tight, but we should have been 3 up at half time against a team who have only lost 1 game in 9 and that was to us last Wednesday.

Can't fault the team for only winning 1 nil in Edinburgh v Hibs. Any win there is massive. Could have been so different if Alfie had been sent off.

And we were also strolling it up in Aberdeen, even at 2-1 we were very comfortable.

And also we blew Ross County away at Ibrox the week after a deserved point v Motherwell.

With regards to the filth, and their recent upturn in results i put down to the pressure being off them. The damage has already been done. Weve seen this from our own team in recent seasons.

Thyy scraped to a narrow win on Saturday v Motherwell, and their 2 recent  midweek 4 nil victories,  including tonight flattered them.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Saturday is a must-win game.  

I agree but got fucking slaughtered cause I don't think the league is as "in the bag" as some people think. Confident but still think a run of two or three bad games can bring some uncomfortable doubt and I don't know how this team would react to that. Mental that a lot of us are seeing this as a must win game but true.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I understand the nerves, I'm same as we are so close.

But listen  we very nearly left Hamilton with all 3 points despite everyone playing utter gash. These performances happen 2 or 3 times a season when everyone is off their game. We wete fortunate to get a point.

On paper the St Johnstone win looked tight, but we should have been 3 up at half time against a team who have only lost 1 game in 9 and that was to us last Wednesday.

Can't fault the team for only winning 1 nil in Edinburgh v Hibs. Any win there is massive. Could have been so different if Alfie had been sent off.

And we were also strolling it up in Aberdeen, even at 2-1 we were very comfortable.

And also we blew Ross County away at Ibrox the week after a deserved point v Motherwell.

With regards to the filth, and their recent upturn in results i put down to the pressure being off them. The damage has already been done. Weve seen this from our own team in recent seasons.

Thyy scraped to a narrow win on Saturday v Motherwell, and their 2 recent  midweek 4 nil victories,  including tonight flattered them.

Also a very good point.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I agree but got fucking slaughtered cause I don't think the league is as "in the bag" as some people think. Confident but still think a run of two or three bad games can bring some uncomfortable doubt and I don't know how this team would react to that. Mental that a lot of us are seeing this as a must win game but true.

I'm the same as you, mate.

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The champions 3-0 killie 

Seriously what will it take for some to have belief in our current squad it's February and we are unbeaten only dropped 8 points all season. 

4 of those in the last few weeks against terrible sides and poor performances in most recent games is creating a bit of anxiety. Hopefully back on form on sat.

Archived