***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

I think its just been an anxious last few days, the narrow win v stjohnstone, the poor performance and draw at hamilton, coupled with celtic winning their last 3 games, the player suspensions etc etc.

I think a wee bit of fear and nervousness has crept onto the fan base, because we are so so close.

Hopefully a good performance and,win on Saturday will allay those fears and anxiety.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky is the shop window for teams in our league. On Sunday Hamilton played better than I've ever seen them play. The fact that this game is not on Sky and we have the advantage of a home fixture, (even without Morelos, Roofe and Defoe)  should be more than enough with the squad that we still have available.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I think its just been an anxious last few days, the narrow win v stjohnstone, the poor performance and draw at hamilton, coupled with celtic winning their last 3 games, the player suspensions etc etc.

I think a wee bit of fear and nervousness has crept onto the fan base, because we are so so close.

Hopefully a good performance and,win on Saturday will allay those fears and anxiety.

It's been creeping in for a while, not from the taigs playing better (they couldnt exactly have gotten worse) but from our own performances 

We've went off the boil a fair bit & have been riding out luck since the turn of the year. Hamilton on Sunday could've easily been a loss & hope that's the wake up call the players needed. We need a good performance against Killie & get back to scoring goals again

10 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I will take the draw on sunday, because looking back over our games in January, we could,easily have dropped alot more,points than we did, alot more, so let's be grateful where,we are right now, and hope the players respond on Saturday to allay the jitters.

No fuckin chance should we be happy with another draw , 2 in a row and the fear factor appears again. A good performance and some goals is what we need , nothing else.........

18 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

It's been creeping in for a while, not from the taigs playing better (they couldnt exactly have gotten worse) but from our own performances 

We've went off the boil a fair bit & have been riding out luck since the turn of the year. Hamilton on Sunday could've easily been a loss & hope that's the wake up call the players needed. We need a good performance against Killie & get back to scoring goals again

We don't. We need to win. We are 5 wins from.glory. this isn't about playing amazing. This is all about getting 3 points and that's it.

Especially with Alfie and roofe missing.

1 0 or.9 won't matter here 

9 minutes ago, RfcSevco said:

We don't. We need to win. We are 5 wins from.glory. this isn't about playing amazing. This is all about getting 3 points and that's it.

Especially with Alfie and roofe missing.

1 0 or.9 won't matter here 

Agree with the sentiment, I would take 1-0s all the way to the end of the season

However we know it isn't going to go like that, the longer we're playing like we have in the last few games the more likely teams will start to fancy their chances 

I'm not wanting 6-0 performances every week but we really need more from the forward players in games like this.

Don't know why since yesterday everyone seems to be shitting themselves. 15 points ahead if they manage to win their game in hand and everyone seems worried because they've strung 2 wins together and are now saying we should take a draw at home to Killie :lol:

All will be fine bears. Expecting a reaction and a good win here. 

3 points and a convincing performance please for all our sanity.

McGregor; Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic; Jack, Kamara; Aribo, Hagi, Kent; Itten.

Aribo needs to be up and around the box for the 90. We need to get back to pressing high with energy and passing with purpose. Hamilton should have been a wake up call - I’m sure it was.

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If you reverse the roles and have tims struggling and us going on winning streak at this time last year then it is further proof that awarding the scum the title was a disgrace.

11 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I understand the nerves, I'm same as we are so close.

But listen  we very nearly left Hamilton with all 3 points despite everyone playing utter gash. These performances happen 2 or 3 times a season when everyone is off their game. We wete fortunate to get a point.

On paper the St Johnstone win looked tight, but we should have been 3 up at half time against a team who have only lost 1 game in 9 and that was to us last Wednesday.

Can't fault the team for only winning 1 nil in Edinburgh v Hibs. Any win there is massive. Could have been so different if Alfie had been sent off.

And we were also strolling it up in Aberdeen, even at 2-1 we were very comfortable.

And also we blew Ross County away at Ibrox the week after a deserved point v Motherwell.

With regards to the filth, and their recent upturn in results i put down to the pressure being off them. The damage has already been done. Weve seen this from our own team in recent seasons.

Thyy scraped to a narrow win on Saturday v Motherwell, and their 2 recent  midweek 4 nil victories,  including tonight flattered them.

Pretty good perspective. Too many people jumping to the extremes. 

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

Don't know why since yesterday everyone seems to be shitting themselves. 15 points ahead if they manage to win their game in hand and everyone seems worried because they've strung 2 wins together and are now saying we should take a draw at home to Killie :lol:

All will be fine bears. Expecting a reaction and a good win here. 

Imagine this was neck and neck if this is the reaction at 15 points clear minimum 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Imagine this was neck and neck if this is the reaction at 15 points clear minimum 

Lets say even with them doing quite well and they get 9 wins and 2 draws in their remaining 11 games, given it's 2 Old Firms and the split against top half teams that would be good for them. We would need to draw 1 and lose 6 games out of 10 for them to beat us. We're absolutely fine 

Archived