***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

He absolutely does bud. I think he will be a success here but on this forum a few posters were writing him off before he had kicked a ball for us. Mental!! 

Seems to be a fair amount of animosity on the forum at the minute,  today was mental,

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Kent had a good game today imo especially second half unlucky not to get a goal and an assist, had some nice touches and link up play. Not sure what game some people on here where watching. 😆

Aribo was better than he has been lately but still not at his best, looks like he’s lacking a wee bit of confidence just now. 

Yeah, I thought Kent played well, too. Aribo, though? A couple of moves with great control, but precious little else.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, I thought Kent played well, too. Aribo, though? A couple of moves with great control, but precious little else.

Definitely had a better game today than last week, still needs to be better though and sharper in-front of goal. 

27 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Helander and Balogun get rotated. Gerrard has stated that, it's not necessarily about being dropped.

Kamara wasn't great last weekend. Jack and Davis improved us. Both have had good seasons. Should Kamara have started today- no.

We're talking about the 3 flair players and I've stated previously Hagi seems hard done to compared to others. And Kent could / should have been dropped before today. But after the performances of the 3 of them for you to  repeat Kent should be dropped for the next game is ridiculous given he did better than Aribo and Hagi. I'd like to see Wright start to next league game but there's others in the queue before Kent to get dropped for him.

See for me one good game in 4 or 5 doesn't warrant a starting slot imo, not now we have guys coming back into the mix, i know you'll disagree thats fair enough, i just don't think kent is producing enough to be a first name on the sheet, 

I actually like kent and think there's a player there somewhere, but for some reason, confidence, team instructions or whatever he isnt producing it for me the now, and needs a bit of time out the team 

51 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Three wins and a draw against the scum wins us the title. They aren't clawing that GD back

Don't agree, although a pointless debate as we are not losing 5 games. If we did however and the tarriers won every game as they would need to do then a 20 goal advantage would soon disappear. We need 4 wins. 

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

Don't agree, although a pointless debate as we are not losing 5 games. If we did however and the tarriers won every game as they would need to do then a 20 goal advantage would soon disappear. We need 4 wins. 

Fuck drawing at the piggery anyhow.

I want us to humiliate  them at their shithole stadium.

34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

See for me one good game in 4 or 5 doesn't warrant a starting slot imo, not now we have guys coming back into the mix, i know you'll disagree thats fair enough, i just don't think kent is producing enough to be a first name on the sheet, 

I actually like kent and think there's a player there somewhere, but for some reason, confidence, team instructions or whatever he isnt producing it for me the now, and needs a bit of time out the team 

One game absolutely doesn't warrant a starting slot. But nor does it warrant getting dropped for someone poorer in the last game both played in.

If he was dropped for Wright or Arfield then I get that. But dropping him for Hagi who played worse today is a nonsense.

Hagi has arguably done better than Kent recently but was poorer today.

What incentive is there to improve on form if you're then dropped for having had poor form even though you improved on it? And if you've done marginally better but then had a poor game why should you start over a guy who performed better than you in the last game?*

We have stopped scoring. 10 goals in the last 5 games and 5 were against Ross County.

But I saw positive signs today that we might have turned the corner. Some of the one-touch football and movement in the second-half is what we have come to expect from this team.

Hopefully just in time for Thursday with a front line of Roofe/Morelos/kent

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Kent had a good game today imo especially second half unlucky not to get a goal and an assist, had some nice touches and link up play. Not sure what game some people on here where watching. 😆

Aribo was better than he has been lately but still not at his best, looks like he’s lacking a wee bit of confidence just now. 

Thought Kent was poor first half but agree, thought he had a good 2nd half. Really not chuffed with the Aribo miss after Kent set him up perfectly. 

Easy chances like that could cost us points. But anyway, another 3 points so all good :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

One game absolutely doesn't warrant a starting slot. But nor does it warrant getting dropped for someone poorer in the last game both played in.

If he was dropped for Wright or Arfield then I get that. But dropping him for Hagi who played worse today is a nonsense.

Hagi has arguably done better than Kent recently but was poorer today.

What incentive is there to improve on form if you're then dropped for having had poor form even though you improved on it? And if you've done marginally better but then had a poor game why should you start over a guy who performed better than you in the last game?*

So you are saying that a players inclusion is only based on the last game and not over the course of several games? 

Archived