***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No justification now for leaving Kamara out at expense of Aribo or Hagi now in this form even if at home.

Play him further forward as he has shown plenty times he has ability to create and is far too good a player to be sitting on bench.

I think when Arfield is fully match fit Aribo might get dropped, especially in the run up to the scum game. When all our midfield are fit it's a hard choice, but Arfield is always worth a goal. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So you are saying that a players inclusion is only based on the last game and not over the course of several games? 

Clearly I'm not saying that.

I'm saying the concept of dropping a player who played well, for a player who played worse, is a nonsense.

If Kent was dropped before today for Hagi then fine. You wanting us dropping him for Hagi after today is pretty poor and is because you've lost any sense of objectivity about Kent.

8 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Don't know if it was just me (had a few drinks before the game). Watching on RTV the crowd noise (Rangers songs) didn't kick in till about the 20th minute, but weren't as prominent as I've heard previously throughout. 

53328084_264174137799913_1811176713606922240_n.gif

9 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I think when Arfield is fully match fit Aribo might get dropped, especially in the run up to the scum game. When all our midfield are fit it's a hard choice, but Arfield is always worth a goal. 

Kamara will play in Europe but i have the fear we shoehorn Aribo into that right forward position to accommodate him.

Aye, when Arfield back he should be in midfield.

“I was disappointed with their goal on two fronts. Firstly, we should have cleared our lines better from their free-kick.

“And secondly, it was a handball. After a header in the box it hits a Rangers player's hand.

“The official should see that.

- Tommy Wright 

tenor-67.gif

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Clearly I'm not saying that.

I'm saying the concept of dropping a player who played well, for a player who played worse, is a nonsense.

If Kent was dropped before today for Hagi then fine. You wanting us dropping him for Hagi after today is pretty poor and is because you've lost any sense of objectivity about Kent.

Thats clearly what you are saying though, over the last few games before today hagi was better than kent, today kent was better than hagi so according to you kent should start in front of hagi if it was a choice between them

So if next week kent is poor, and hagi comes on and is better, who starts the following game out of the two of them

46 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

One game absolutely doesn't warrant a starting slot. But nor does it warrant getting dropped for someone poorer in the last game both played in.

If he was dropped for Wright or Arfield then I get that. But dropping him for Hagi who played worse today is a nonsense.

Hagi has arguably done better than Kent recently but was poorer today.

What incentive is there to improve on form if you're then dropped for having had poor form even though you improved on it? And if you've done marginally better but then had a poor game why should you start over a guy who performed better than you in the last game?*

Hagi actually contributes though. He’s won us 6 points in the past 6 months with match winning strikes. Really struggling to think of when Kent has influenced a game that much where you think aye he’s won us that game thank fuck he was playing. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

“I was disappointed with their goal on two fronts. Firstly, we should have cleared our lines better from their free-kick.

“And secondly, it was a handball. After a header in the box it hits a Rangers player's hand.

- Tommy Wright 

tenor-67.gif

Where the fuck is he getting that from lol. 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

- Tommy Wright 

tenor-67.gif

He must have missed Tav getting taken out from behind in the box the ref really should be seeing that 

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats clearly what you are saying though, over the last few games before today hagi was better than kent, today kent was better than hagi so according to you kent should start in front of hagi if it was a choice between them

So if next week kent is poor, and hagi comes on and is better, who starts the following game out of the two of them

Clearly its not.

Kent has been playing constantly, Hagi hasn't. I'd have understood if he'd been dropped before today. But to expect or want him dropped for Hagi after today is bizarre.

You can't have a player trying to retain form dropped for the 1st time after showing an improvement in form, and especially not for one he outperformed in the previous game.

It's pretty obvious you can't be objective towards Kent. 

21 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Hagi actually contributes though. He’s won us 6 points in the past 6 months with match winning strikes. Really struggling to think of when Kent has influenced a game that much where you think aye he’s won us that game thank fuck he was playing. 

Both players have similar numbers thus season. I'm not downplaying Hagi, he's done well and has deserved more minutes. Kent imo deserved dropped before now.

My point is that Kent did well today, and given he's been picked constantly even when underperforming it's daft to now suggest he deserves dropped when he's actually put in a decent performance. And not to be dropped for Hagi who was pretty mediocre today.

And the thing about stats is they also depend on others. Kent didn't get an assist today because of how shite Aribo was with his finishing.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I thought Hagi started the game brightly but faded in the second half despite running his guts out. We are not utilizing him properly. He is less effective playing so wide.

I realize there are so many spots to go around.

Think you can see that him and Itten have a good relationship. They link up nicely just not clinical 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

One game absolutely doesn't warrant a starting slot. But nor does it warrant getting dropped for someone poorer in the last game both played in.

If he was dropped for Wright or Arfield then I get that. But dropping him for Hagi who played worse today is a nonsense.

Hagi has arguably done better than Kent recently but was poorer today.

What incentive is there to improve on form if you're then dropped for having had poor form even though you improved on it? And if you've done marginally better but then had a poor game why should you start over a guy who performed better than you in the last game?*

33 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Clearly its not.

Kent has been playing constantly, Hagi hasn't. I'd have understood if he'd been dropped before today. But to expect or want him dropped for Hagi after today is bizarre.

You can't have a player trying to retain form dropped for the 1st time after showing an improvement in form, and especially not for one he outperformed in the previous game.

It's pretty obvious you can't be objective towards Kent. 

"Hagi has arguably done better than Kent recently but was poorer today" 

So recent performances don't count, only todays, 

You say you can't drop a player who is trying to retain form and plays well, for someone who has form but has one off game 

So basically you are saying it only matters how they play the last game, and not the 3 or 4 previous 

Forget the names of the players, it can be any two players, your words essentially say if a players is shite for weeks but good one week, they deserve to start over a player whos been good for weeks but has an off game

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Neither Kent nor Hagi are playing particularly well at the moment.

Nor Aribo. Not many teams can carry 3 luxury players tbh.

It’s plain to see that is the issue just now.

Hopefully the introduction of Roofe, Morelos and Arfield gets us back playing like we were earlier in season.

Archived