***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

24 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

"Hagi has arguably done better than Kent recently but was poorer today" 

So recent performances don't count, only todays, 

You say you can't drop a player who is trying to retain form and plays well, for someone who has form but has one off game 

So basically you are saying it only matters how they play the last game, and not the 3 or 4 previous 

Forget the names of the players, it can be any two players, your words essentially say if a players is shite for weeks but good one week, they deserve to start over a player whos been good for weeks but has an off game

Jim you're being daft now.

I'd have had no issue with Kent having been dropped for poor form. I'd have had no issue with Hagi getting more minutes. Neither happened which was Gerrards choice not mine.

Given that's got us to today, I find it absurd to want Kent dropped for Hagi. Its not about one game it's about the fact he wasn't dropped when not performing to then wanting the manager to drop him for the first time after he played well.

I'm talking about these players, not player X or Y Jim 👍

You dont like Kent, we get it mate.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Both players have similar numbers thus season. I'm not downplaying Hagi, he's done well and has deserved more minutes. Kent imo deserved dropped before now.

My point is that Kent did well today, and given he's been picked constantly even when underperforming it's daft to now suggest he deserves dropped when he's actually put in a decent performance. And not to be dropped for Hagi who was pretty mediocre today.

And the thing about stats is they also depend on others. Kent didn't get an assist today because of how shite Aribo was with his finishing.

For £7m as one of our main focal points of attack I expect more than an almost assist tbh, Especially at this stage of the season. 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Jim you're being daft now.

I'd have had no issue with Kent having been dropped for poor form. I'd have had no issue with Hagi getting more minutes. Neither happened which was Gerrards choice not mine.

Given that's got us to today, I find it absurd to want Kent dropped for Hagi. Ita boy about one game it's about the fact he wasn't dropped when not performing to then wanting the manager to drop him for the first time when he played well.

I'm talking about these players, not player X or Y Jim 👍

You dont like Kent, we get it mate.

How is it daft, you admitted hagi has been better than kent recently, but because kent was better today he should be picked before hagi

What incentive is that to a player knowing that one bad game he'll be dropped, while others can have weeks of bad games and still get picked no matter what

Just now, ready1873 said:

Kents best game in a while the day. Hagi did have a wee spurt of form there but don't rate him really he's not at the level we need. Csnt have players that turn in 2 or 3 good games for every 10 played. 

You do realise this is kents first good game in a month (since the sheep away) before then it was probably longer

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You do realise this is kents first good game in a month (since the sheep away) before then it was probably longer

Aye I did say it was his best game in a whole. I don't get ur point. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

For £7m as one of our main focal points of attack I expect more than an almost assist tbh, Especially at this stage of the season. 

Hes not been in fine form but today he had a shot at goal that wasn't great, one the keeper tipped over, one the keeper made a great save to his left post and he laid one on a plate for Aribo.

I guess it just depends what you see or want to see from a performance. 

His figures are better than any of our CFs. I fully accept hes been in a poor vein of form for a while.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nor Aribo. Not many teams can carry 3 luxury players tbh.

It’s plain to see that is the issue just now.

Hopefully the introduction of Roofe, Morelos and Arfield gets us back playing like we were earlier in season.

If you are going to praise Kent for an improvement today then you must do similarly to Aribo. Unless we see things differently. Yes, I know, he should have scored

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

If you are going to praise Kent for an improvement today then you must do similarly to Aribo. Unless we see things differently. Yes, I know, he should have scored

Aribo was fucking dreadful.

He’s had a run in team now and let’s be brutally honest - he’s not good enough.

a good touch here, a nutmeg there isn’t enough.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How is it daft, you admitted hagi has been better than kent recently, but because kent was better today he should be picked before hagi

What incentive is that to a player knowing that one bad game he'll be dropped, while others can have weeks of bad games and still get picked no matter what

He hasn't been dropped Jim. I'd have understood if he had been.

He then played well today and it would have made more sense to stay quiet but you can't, you've still got to big up Hagi who was poor and want him picked next game over Kent who was decent. 

It's not about one game, it's about the here and now accepting he hadn't been dropped before now he doesn't noe deserve it after today. 

If you disagree fine but I'm not sure I can spell it out for you any clearer.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This. I posted in another thread I thought Aribo was fuckin rotten today 

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

This. I posted in another thread I thought Aribo was fuckin rotten today 

There’s times in second half when he’s back standing 10-15 yards away from centre halves whilst Davis and Jack are driving forward.

Until that miss you wouldn’t have known he was still on park.

He doesn’t have the mentality to be successful at us.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You are just repeating your feelings from the past few games in regards to him which I tended to agree with. But today he vastly improved. 

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Far too inconsistent. Can get away with that at a club who are expected to win 1 in 3 but he can’t get away with here, especially with what we are rumoured to be paying him every week.

Archived